Select a Destination
Private Vineyard Tours and Villa Recommendations in Italy
01242 547 705
to speak to a specialist
Private Vineyard Tours and Villa Recommendations in Italy
Wine is everywhere, yet it still remains an enigma to the masses. You are sure to find at least one shopper in the alcohol aisle of every supermarket, perusing the wine selection, lost and very much confused. And it’s hard not to be! Red, rosé or white? Dry, medium or sweet? Bubbly or dessert? There are endless choices when it comes to selecting wine, whether you are in search of the perfect vintage to complement your meal or just fancy trying something new and different. However, we aren’t all experts and identifying the good, the bad and the ugly isn’t as easy as just grabbing the one with the prettiest label.
It’s no wonder that people wanting to learn more about the vast variety and thorough makings of wine are seeking out holidays to experience special, private vineyard tours that allow them to not only indulge and relax, but to even become budding connoisseurs. With Abercrombie & Kent’s range of luxury villas just a stone’s throw away from some of the best vineyards in Italy, you can experience the best that these wine regions have to offer and, in some cases, even stay on the estate!
Chianti - home of the fruity red
Italy has long been a region known for producing some of the finest and tastiest wines, due to a hospitable climate and attentive, passionate wine makers. Some of the most famous and acclaimed vineyards in the region offer tours for those wanting to sample some of the best Italy has to offer, such as the famous and fruity Chianti.
• The region of Chianti in Tuscany is home to some of the most beautiful vineyards and you can get the chance to learn all about them in the acclaimed wine museum Le Cantine. Not just one of the largest sellers of Chianti wines, but one of the most important in regards to the history of Chianti wine making. Here, you can use the museum’s ‘Wine Card’ to taste more than 140 different wines, along with countless olive oils and cheeses from around Tuscany.
• One of the largest vineyards to visit in Chianti is the Castello di Fonterutoli, located 5 km south of Castellina de Chianti in Siena, with a massive 7,000 vines per one of its 650 hectares and showcases a large barrel cellar with stunning exposed naked rock walls.
Abercrombie and Kent Villas can help you to organise a private visit to vineyards throughout Chianti. If you are interested in staying within the Chianti wine region then we recommend the following luxury villas: Villa Vistarenni, Casa Vittoria, Villa Margherita or La Castellina.
Bolgheri - for famous deep reds
Located in the West of Tuscany, Bolgheri is a small wine region with a big reputation. In recent decades Bolgheri has received considerable attention for the amazing quality of its wines, where winemakers predominantly specialize in producing red Tuscan wines, created by blending the grapes of Cabernet Franc, Sangiovese, Syrah, Merlot or Cabernet Sauvignon.
• Ca’ Marcanda is a lavish vineyard where over 90% is concealed underground, to a depth of 70m in places! The interior can be described as part winery, part sculpture gallery, as the acclaimed owner Angelo Gaja went to great lengths to ensure the beauty of the estate, even importing a forest of ancient olive trees.
• Michele Satta’s vineyard located in Localita Casone Ugolino is a family run estate that was started in 1991 when he planted his first experimental vines. From then on, his vineyard has grown to produce over 11 varieties of different wines and even expanded to the production of olive oil.
Lovers of the rich red wines need look no further than a holiday in the picturesque region of Tuscany, where our luxury properties include: Villa la Tenuta, Villa la Veduta and Poggio Valdera. Here we can even put together a guided tour of some of the best vineyards and winery locations in the Tuscany area.
Umbria - Perfect for white wine lovers
Umbria is described as ‘the green heart of Italy’ and you can understand why after experiencing the breath-taking views of the hilly countryside with its many vineyards. Specialising in luxury white wines, Umbria is the destination for fans of the crisp Pinot Grigio.
• The wonderful vineyard Saio, in the region of Assisi has friendly and knowledgeable owners that take you personally through the steps in the production of their delicious wines, including picnic tours, walking tours and a visit to their onsite wine shop.
• The innovative Monte Vibiano produces their eco-friendly wine and olive oil allowing guests to sample the delights in their ‘Green Wine Bar’. Here, the gorgeous bar in sleekly designed and styled with recycled and sustainable materials, reflecting the winemaker’s green ethos.
• The expansive 52 hectare vineyard of Terre Margaritelli produce a staggering 50,000 bottles a year. You can visit the laboratory, where innovative new wines concocted from a number of experimental vines and make your way through the endless fruitful vines…on horseback! Then dismount from the tour and sample the wines from the onsite cantina that looks out onto the beautiful countryside.
If you’re a white wine aficionado we can help you to organise a private visit to vineyards throughout Umbria. If you are interested in staying in Umbria we recommend the following luxury villas: Castello di Reschio Barcolino, Castello di Reschio Bellevue, Castello di Reschio Brusceto, Castello di Reschio Casa del Leone, Castello di Reschio Noci, Castello di Reschio Palazzo, Castello di Reschio San Paolo, Castello di Reschio Spinalterme or Podere Uliveto
Panzano - home of the September Wine Festival
Panzano is home to the famous Wine Festival that occurs every September, where wine lovers travel to the beautiful town to taste and discuss the amazing variety available. The region is also home to one of our most popular properties, Villa San Leolino, which has an operating vineyard on site!
• Overlooking the rolling hills covered in vines, a stay in this stunning house will put you right in the centre of an esteemed and innovative, working vineyard, where the wines are made using the principles of biodynamic agriculture. This refers to both the agricultural methods of farming the grapes and also the handling and processing of the fruit post-harvest. Owners personally guide you through the winemaking, occurring right on your door and after a taste of their wonderful rosé you will know why this destination truly is one of a kind. If you want to ensure you’re in the heart of the action for this year’s Wine Festival then we recommend staying at one of the following luxury villas: Villa San Leolino or Villa la Siepi
The dates for Vino al Vino Wine Festival 2013 are:
Thursday, September 12th 4:30 pm – 8:00 pm
Friday, September 13th 12:00 pm – 7:30 pm
Saturday, September 14th 11:00 am – 8:00 pm
Sunday, September 15th 11:00 am – 7:30 pm
Live Jazz Music Saturday & Sunday from 6-8 pm
Your favourites will appear here.