01242 547 705
to speak to a specialist
I Cappuccini drips with beauty. Enjoying a glass of wine on the roof terrace while watching the sunset over Lake Trasimeno is absolutely unforgettable. We enjoy playing croquet on the lawns, relaxing in the private spa and watching films in the 16-seat state of the art screening room.
For more information or to book call 01242 547 705 or click here to complete an online enquiry form.
A former Capuchin convent dating back to 1566, I Cappuccini is nestled in the stunning Italian countryside around Lake Trasimeno. The 60-acre estate encompasses vineyards, olive groves and well-manicured grounds, ideal for enjoying boules and croquet, or simply relaxing by the pool. There are 10 bedrooms, each offering unique amenities and décor from airy balconies and private terraces to wood burning fireplaces and cutting-edge entertainment centres. We particularly like the master bedroom with its snuggle chair, open fireplace and elevated terrace. The villa has a fully equipped gym with beautiful views, and yoga, pilates and personal training sessions are also available. Should you prefer to get out and about we’ll be happy to provide tips on rural jogging trails. There are lots of places to dine, including terraces overlooking the lake and relaxed living areas. The impressive formal dining hall in the library caters for up to 40 people, while open kitchens allow you to interact with the chef and participate in the creation of food as much as you like; the intimate chef ’s table is a fun and unfailingly delicious experience.
Spend a day at I Cappuccini’s spa
A real added bonus is the in-house spa which offers two treatment rooms, sauna, steam room and hammam. Featuring local ingredients, the wellness experience centres around the healing qualities of olive oil, honey and grape seed.
THE CONVENTO BUILDING (also known as the Main Villa):
Guest areas are spread over three floors, all accessible by elevator.
Lower Garden Floor
- Suite 1: King bedroom with sitting area, patio access and en suite bathroom
- Suite 2: King bedroom with sitting area, patio access and en suite bathroom
- Suite 3: King bedroom with en suite bathroom
- Suite 4: King bedroom with living room and en suite bathroom
- Various formal & informal living areas, including a reading room, main living room with bar & fireplace, games room,piano room with grand piano, dining rooms & breakfast kitchen
- Suite 5: King bedroom with en suite bathroom offering private terrace overlooking Lake Trasimeno. Study with fireplace & living/dining room
- Suite 6: King bedroom, living room & fireplace
- Children’s bedroom: Twin bedroom with two single beds suitable for children & teenagers. En suite bathroom
- Suite 8: King bedroom with sitting area, balcony & en-suite bathroom.
- Suite 9: Family suite with king bedroom, separate bunk bedroom suitable for infants/small children, upstairs writing loft & en suite bathroom.
THE LIBRARY BUILDING:
- Galleried library and living room with rebuilt Renaissance wood burning fireplace and house bar
- Games room with billiard table and American shuffleboard
- Grand dining room (seating up to 34)
- Wine cellar (115 bins of wine)
- Main kitchen with chefs table for seating 10
- Private cinema seating up to 16 guests (PS3, Apple TV and Satellite)
- Suite 10: Queen bedroom, living room with fireplace and balcony and en suite bathroom.
All bedrooms feature;
- Individually controlled heating and air-conditioning
- Satellite TV with Kaleidescape entertainment units
- Geneva sound systems with iPod-docks
- Ensuite bathrooms, the majority with two sink vanities, separate walk-in showers and freestanding tubs. They also have televisions
- The whole property has Wi-Fi access, including the grounds and swimming pool area.
The swimming facilities at I Cappuccini consist of a 65 foot pool for lap swimming or simply relaxing after a long day in the countryside. Food and Beverage service is available in season.
GARDENS AND GAMES:
- 13 acres of enclosed formal gardens, pristine lawns, orchards and olive groves
- Strolling paths through the estate
- Bocce court, half championship size croquet pitch and lawn badminton
- Tennis court
- Basketball court (on tennis court)
- Winter garden with fully glassed enclosed conservatory with sitting area and wood burning fireplace
- Fire pit with majestic views of the village and lake below
- Seven hole “shoe-golf” course, exclusively designed and personally endorsed by David Shaw
- Helicopter landing area on the estate.
GYM AND SPA:
- Fully equipped gym with Johnson Health Tech and Matrix equipment including treadmills, elliptical, bike, free weights
- Full-service Spa
- Treatment room for massages
- Sauna and Hamam
I CAPPUCCINI STAFFING & SERVICES:
I Cappuccini employ a full-time, professional management couple with an extensive international hospitality background, who live on the estate. In addition, there is a core staff which includes a Head-Chef & brigade of sous-chefs & assistants, professionally trained waiting staff including a sommelier, Head Housekeeper & her team as well as a houseman to tend the outdoors with the additional garden staff.
- Twice daily maid service, 7 days per week
- Complimentary guest laundry service
- Spa service a la carte
I Cappuccini employ a full-time, professional management couple with an extensive international hospitality background, who live on the estate. In addition, there is a core staff which includes a Head Chef and a further staff of sous chefs and kitchen assistants and a professionally trained waiting staff including a Sommelier. The house and grounds are looked after by the Head Housekeeper and her team as well as a houseman to tend the outdoors with the additional garden staff. There is a twice daily maid service, seven days per week and a complimentary guest laundry service. The spa service is a la carte, as and when you require.
All meal arrangements are included (breakfast, brunch, lunch, afternoon, dinner and any snacks). Guests are encouraged to join the chef in the kitchen at any time to assist, request culinary tips or for individual cooking lessons. Children are also welcome to assist, particularly with the morning baking sessions of cakes and cookies for afternoon tea (or any other time for that matter!). All beverages are included from the various house bars (both alcoholic and non-alcoholic). Wines are not included and are charged on a consumption basis.