Select a Destination
01242 547 705
to speak to a specialist
Woodstock | Bedrooms: 7 | Sleeps: 15
Rates: from £20,369 per week
In a discrete corner of the magnificent grounds of Blenheim Palace Park, surrounded by countryside lies North Lodge, an architectural masterpiece, effortlessly fusing tradition and modernity in this most historic of English settings.
Within a stroll of Blenheim Palace itself and set on its richly resourced estate, guests to North Lodge can escape the outside world, unwind in elegance, blessed with an abundance of activities to keep all ages entertained.
Offering privacy, refinement, and even fresh eggs on offer from the resident hens, stables with polo ponies, and sheep and lambs in the nearby fields; this is refined, English country living at its finest.
Built in the early 18th Century to celebrate the victory over the French in the War of the Spanish Succession, Blenheim Palace, home of the Duke of Marlborough and a World Heritage Site is a genuine monumental country house in the Oxfordshire Countryside just outside of Woodstock. Flooded with light from its modern wing, and framed with full length glass windows in many rooms, North Lodge offers its guests elegant entertaining space, including a cinema screening room, landscaped gardens complete with a private, heated salt water pool, hot-tub, AstroTurf tennis court, basketball net, golf practise net, several dining areas and BBQ. The pool house is fabulously equipped with a pool table, shuffle board, bar, TV and leads through to the gym studio, facilities and steam showers. On request, the stabled ponies can be ridden in the neighbouring paddocks.
- Double length entrance hall leading to the open-plan, informal living room and relaxed dining area, opening on to the gardens.
- TV/Cinema screening room with blackout curtains.
- Piano area.
- Modern, well-equipped kitchen with pizza oven and breakfast bar.
- Formal dining area and separate lounge with fireplace.
First Floor – 5 bedrooms
- Bedroom 1: Master bedroom, king size bed with dressing area, large en suite bathroom with walk-in shower and separate bath.
- Bedroom 2: Double bedroom, queen size bed with en suite shower over bath.
- Bedroom 3: Double bedroom, queen size bed with en suite, shower over bath.
- Bedroom 4: Double bedroom, queen size bed with en suite shower room.
- Bedroom 5: Double bedroom, queen size bed with en suite bath and separate shower and small dressing area.
- Study/office area overlooking the garden and pool area.
- Bedroom 6: Attic ‘bunk’ room, with 4, single child beds. Separate bathroom.
- Housekeeper’s bedroom – not for guests (can be closed and not used, on request)
- Ground floor lounge and kitchenette.
- Bedroom 7: First floor bedroom with 2 single beds, en suite bath with shower over bath and separate lounge/TV area.
- On the grounds of Blenheim Palace Estate
- Woodstock, 3 miles
- Oxford, 10 miles
- Chipping Norton, 12 miles
- Burford, 18 miles
- Stratford-upon-Avon, 32 miles
- Cheltenham, 40 miles
- London, 65 miles
|< Previous Month||September 2016||Next Month >|
Our villas are normally rented on a Saturday to Saturday basis throughout the year. However, shorter breaks and alternative arrival days might be available outside the High Season. Please contact your Abercrombie & Kent Villa Consultant for further details.
Please note that the standard check-in time at our properties is between 4-7pm and that we ask guests to vacate the property by 10am on departure day, unless otherwise agreed in advance.
- The above rates are on a per villa, per week basis. For further information on our villa only and A&K hosted services please see our 'Villa Rental Options' page. An A&K Villas Travel Consultant will be happy to discuss your specific holiday needs - simply complete the quick 'Make an Enquiry' form or call us on 0845 618 2205.
- Cost of utilities such as water, electricity, gas.
- 5 hours/day maid service. Please note North Lodge is a very large house and this is a light cleaning service only. The cleaner will not be able to assist with clients laundry or the preparation of food.
- Arrival set of pool towels (with mid-weekly change), household and bed linen.
- Wi-Fi internet.
- Air-conditioning in glass link/ informal dining area.
- Underfloor oil-fired heating on ground floor and radiator oil-fired heating on upper floors.
- Private swimming pool with security cover.
- Pool heating on advance request at GBP 500/week (max. water temperature subject to weather conditions).
- Additional maid service at £15/ hour.
- Telephone usage charged as per consumption.
- Chef service on advance request.
- Transfers on advance request.
- We are also able to arrange all manner of additional activities to enhance your villa experience. Please contact your A&K Villas Travel Consultant for further information.
- Please note that in case of cancellation all confirmed services are non refundable.
- KINDLY NOTE:
- Please note that there is one resident dog on the grounds.
- We'd like to make you aware that mobile phone reception is weak at the property.
Because everyone’s concept of a villa holiday is different, we have created a formula designed to offer privacy, flexibility and the freedom to run your own holiday or call upon us to help open up a world of possibilities. Our villas are normally rented on a villa-only weekly basis and are ideal for those seeking independence and privacy. We’re on call in case you need us and we provide a change of towels and bed linen during the week, but otherwise there no inclusions.
A&K Concierge upgrade
For additional support, comfort and a slice of pampering why not upgrade to our A&K Concierge service. Included is an airport welcome on arrival with assistance for onward transportation; the services of an A&K Concierge – whose local knowledge provides you with invaluable assistance and recommendations; an orientation of the local area; a fully stocked drinks fridge; maid service; the ingredients for your first evening’s supper and breakfast delivered on the first morning of your stay. For full details of concierge inclusions speak to an A&K Travel Consultant on 0845 618 2205.
The finishing touches
Ever dreamt of driving through the Chianti hills in a red Ferrari, or along the Moyenne Corniche to Monaco in a Bentley? How about sailing along the Cote d'Azur to St Tropez in a private yacht or speed boat? Sometimes the home is all that you need, but if you're lured into culture, excitement, activity, improving your cooking or simply dabbling in landscapes, then speak to one of our Villa Specialists for an insight into what we can arrange. These are what we call our ‘Finishing Touches’.
The list is by no means exhaustive and we always welcome requests, however obscure you may think they are! Our local offices enable us to control the quality of the services on offer and the depth of knowledge our local teams have is impressive. Our aim is to provide guests with the authentic sights, flavours and experiences of the region they are staying in.
If you would prefer to discuss your specific requirements, whether it’s in relation to the property or about your stay in general, please do contact us using the Enquire page or please do give us a call for a chat.
- Coffee Machine (Espresso)
- Dining Area (Outdoor)
- DVD Player
- Fans Available
- Gym Equipment
- iPod Docking Station (iPod Not included)
- Swimming Pool (Heating Available)
- Swimming Pool (with Security Cover)
- Tennis Court
- TV (Cable/Satellite)
- Washing Machine
Book this holiday and collect Avios
Reasons to book your holiday with us
- Over 50 years' experience
- 24/7 support before, during and after your stay
- All of our properties have been hand-picked and visited by a member of the team
- Travel Consultants are based in the UK with local offices to assist with planning every detail of your stay
- Option to upgrade to a Concierge stay to make the most of your visit
- Option to book additional trips and services via our local offices
Your favourites will appear here.