Select a Destination
Temple Guiting Manor
01242 547 705
to speak to a specialist
Temple Guiting | Bedrooms: 5 | Sleeps: 10
Rates: from £6,800 per week
This late Tudor country house is set in idyllic English Cotswold countryside in Temple Guiting, a village which takes its name from the Knights Templar who guarded the sites and the routes of the Holy Land. The village is ideally located for exploring the hugely characterful and popular Cotswolds, close to Stow-on-the-Wold, Winchcombe, Broadway, Cheltenham and Stratford-upon-Avon (of Shakespearean fame).
The area offers a wealth of picturesque villages to explore, replete with tea rooms, many renowned restaurants and of course exceptional architecture, from Norman churches dating from the 11th and 12th centuries to manor houses and cottages built in the warm, soft limestone that characterises the area. There are exceptional walking possibilities, most famed of which is the Cotswold Way, at just over 100 miles in length from the market town of Chipping Campden in the north to the heritage city of Bath in the south. It can be taken in bite-size chunks and is interspersed with some renowned English pubs! This manor house, rich in history, with mentions as far back as the Doomsday Book, is a medieval timepiece, that has been updated compassionately, retaining its host of medieval features – exposed beams, arched, leaded windows, secret staircases and authentic, original Tudor timbered doors, set in 14 acres of landscape and formal gardens, combining topiary, roses, wild flowers, lavender and water features. Despite its ancestry the house is equipped for modern guests with plasma TVs, a DVD library and excellent kitchen facilities. The house is centrally heated and also has several open fires/wood burning stoves for your comfort throughout the year.
MANOR HOUSE ACCOMMODATION
- Kitchen: Modern fully functional with oven and hob, practical granite surfaces and slate & tile combination flooring.
- Dining Room: Dining area adjacent to the kitchen sits 10 around a dark wood dining table with elegant carved chairs.
- Dining Room Two: Atmospheric room with medieval flags adorning the oak beamed elegant, arched ceiling. The dining tables seats 16-24, and doubles up as a full-sized snooker table, creating a stunning games room.
- Living Rooms: There are three areas with their own distinctive features and characteristics:
- Snug: Cosy TV room with Sky TV and DVD.
- Main Drawing Room: Grand room with a large open fireplace and walls adorned with elegant paintings and a French chandelier, comfortable sofas and wooden floors.
- 2nd Living Room: Smaller, but very cosy with wood-burning stove, inglenook fireplace and elegant beamed ceiling. Leads up to the first floor via a “hidden staircase”, dating back to the original parts of the building.
- Bedrooms: Sleep up to 10 with three double bedrooms all with bathrooms, plus two bedrooms in the attic space. All have top quality fittings, beautiful soft towels and bathrobes. There is a hidden staircase from the 1st floor that extends down into the ground floor sitting room. This was discovered when the house was renovated and dates back to Tudor times.
- Guest W.C.
- Master bedroom: stylish and warm, 1.90m bed (which cannot be split into twins) and TV. En-suite bathroom with bathtub, no shower
- Four-Poster Bedroom: with 1.50m bed and open fireplace, lovely views over the estate and en-suite bathroom with bath and walk-in shower. (NB: the bed cannot be split into two twins). Pretty chaise longue.
- Double bedroom: Bed is a standard double (cannot be split into two twins). Small en-suite shower room. There is an extra bathroom on this floor just outside this room with jacuzzi bath (no shower).
- Both bedrooms are under the wooden beams in the attic. NB: Although characterful the wooden beams create a height restriction.
- Double bedroom: with 1.60m bed and bathroom with bath (no shower).
- Twin room: with Twin beds, sharing a bathroom with the double bedroom.
The gardens are split into two areas. Immediately behind the house is an elegant lawn with a seating area and barbecue, overlooking a small lake, offering beautiful views. Adjacent to the house are formal ornate water gardens combining topiary with roses, wild flowers and lavender. There is also a full-sized Astroturf tennis court for guests use (four rackets and balls available). A hot tub is also available in the former pigeonniere.
MANOR HOUSE LOCATION
- Just north of Cheltenham Spa and in the heart of the Cotswolds Temple Guiting provides easy access to some of the most celebrated Cotswold towns and villages such as Chipping Norton, Broadway, Stow-on-the Wold and Burford. Stratford-Upon-Avon is close at hand for Shakespeare lovers and the dreamy spires of Oxford are also within easy reach. London is around 2 hours away.
Distances: Oxford 37 miles; London 93 miles; Cheltenham 15 miles; Stratford-Upon-Avon 21 miles;
*Please note that the location on this map is an approximate guide, normally to the closest town/village.
|< Previous Month||September 2016||Next Month >|
Our villas are normally rented on a Saturday to Saturday basis throughout the year. However, shorter breaks and alternative arrival days are available for Temple Guiting. Please contact your Abercrombie & Kent Villa Consultant for further details.
Please note that the standard check-in time at our properties is between 4-7pm and that we ask guests to vacate the property by 10am on departure day, unless otherwise agreed in advance.
The above rates are on a per villa, per week basis. For further information on our Villa Only and A&K Hosted services please see our 'Villa Rental Options' page. An A&K Villas Travel Consultant will be happy to discuss your specific holiday needs - simply complete the quick 'Make an Enquiry' form or call us on 0845 618 2205.
- Cost of utilities including water, gas and electricity.
- Bottle of Champagne and flowers on arrival.
- Case of wine for 5 nights or more.
- Luxury White Company bed linen and towels.
- Midweek sheet change for 5 nights plus.
- Green & Spring bathroom amenities
- Under floor heating.
- Wi-Fi broadband internet.
- Use of the Tennis Court (rackets and balls provided).
- Private catering & drop-off meals available on request.
- Maid service on request at £20ph
- Wine deliveries.
- Beauty treatments.
- Tennis lessons.
- Pilates / Yoga.
- Personal training.
- Cookery lessons.
- KINDLY NOTE:
- Please kindly note that due to the great age of the property, some of the door frames are quite low so extra care must be taken. This also applies to the attic level where there are low beamed ceilings and some unlevel flooring.
Because everyone’s concept of a villa holiday is different, we have created a formula designed to offer privacy, flexibility and the freedom to run your own holiday or call upon us to help open up a world of possibilities. Our villas are normally rented on a villa-only weekly basis and are ideal for those seeking independence and privacy. We’re on call in case you need us and we provide a change of towels and bed linen during the week, but otherwise there no inclusions.
A&K Concierge upgrade
For additional support, comfort and a slice of pampering why not upgrade to our A&K Concierge service. Included is an airport welcome on arrival with assistance for onward transportation; the services of an A&K Concierge – whose local knowledge provides you with invaluable assistance and recommendations; an orientation of the local area; a fully stocked drinks fridge; maid service; the ingredients for your first evening’s supper and breakfast delivered on the first morning of your stay. For full details of concierge inclusions speak to an A&K Travel Consultant on 0845 618 2205.
The finishing touches
Ever dreamt of driving through the Chianti hills in a red Ferrari, or along the Moyenne Corniche to Monaco in a Bentley? How about sailing along the Cote d'Azur to St Tropez in a private yacht or speed boat? Sometimes the home is all that you need, but if you're lured into culture, excitement, activity, improving your cooking or simply dabbling in landscapes, then speak to one of our Villa Specialists for an insight into what we can arrange. These are what we call our ‘Finishing Touches’.
The list is by no means exhaustive and we always welcome requests, however obscure you may think they are! Our local offices enable us to control the quality of the services on offer and the depth of knowledge our local teams have is impressive. Our aim is to provide guests with the authentic sights, flavours and experiences of the region they are staying in.
If you would prefer to discuss your specific requirements, whether it’s in relation to the property or about your stay in general, please do contact us using the Enquire page or please do give us a call for a chat.
- Barbecue Facilities
- CD Player
- Central Heating
- DVD Player
- Hot Tub (Indoor)
- Internet Access (Wireless Broadband)
- Tennis Court
- TV (Cable/Satellite)
Book this holiday and collect Avios
Reasons to book your holiday with us
- Over 50 years' experience
- 24/7 support before, during and after your stay
- All of our properties have been hand-picked and visited by a member of the team
- Travel Consultants are based in the UK with local offices to assist with planning every detail of your stay
- Option to upgrade to a Concierge stay to make the most of your visit
- Option to book additional trips and services via our local offices
Your favourites will appear here.