Lovingly rebuilt in 2008, Chalet Maria Schnee is a masterpiece of Tyrolean Craftsmanship. The chalet retains many beautiful antique carvings, floors and other features; combined with modern contemporary furnishings and artwork the owners have created one of the region's most stylish chalets.
Laid out over 3 floors the chalet offers over 550 sq m of luxurious living space. The chalet comfortably hosts 12 adults, 4 children, and a further separate staff single room. The grand drawing room and open plan living / dining area is situated on the ground floor of the chalet. All rooms in the chalet share the stunning views of the surrounding mountains.
All floors, library and doors have been made out of 300 years old oak planks, which contrast with the modernity of contemporary Chinese art. The open fire place is the focal point of the drawing room. The dining table can be extended to comfortably sit 12. Doors open from the main living area onto the South West facing terrace.
Massive oak sliding doors lead from the living area into the extensive kitchen a mix of Tyrolean woodwork, contemporary art and modern steel appliances. A separate breakfast table in this room is perfect for feeding the children. The kitchen leads through to the study with its own en-suite bathroom which can be used as a double bedroom.
Stairs lead from the hallway to the first floor. A cosy enclave opens from the side of the staircase, with built in benches and a secret in-built cupboard for schnapps glasses.
On the upper floors are located 3 spacious double bedrooms each with its own en-suite bathroom in limestone and old oak, but also in black stone and grey tadellakt. An old Tyrolean "Zirben- Stube" has been converted into a bedroom, and still has the antique carvings as well as a functioning traditional stove. The Master bedroom has a more contemporary look and a big sunny terrace with view over the St. Anton valley.
In addition there are 2 children's bedrooms. The girls' room has 3 single beds and en-suite bathroom while the boys' bunk room has 4 single beds (2 bunk beds) with a separate shower-room. Located on the lower ground floor is further accommodation for a Nanny, in a single bedroom, and a contained flat for the staff with separate kitchen and living space.
A sunny 40 square metres play-room on this floor is the perfect venue for entertaining the children. The playroom converts into a high tech cinema room. The sauna and/or steam room fits 4 people comfortably and has a separate shower area. An outdoor Jacuzzi is located on the ground floor.
- 4 spacious double bedrooms, each with its own en-suite bathroom
- Master bedroom terrace overlooks the St. Anton valley
- 2 bunk beds sleeping 4 children with a separate shower room.
- On the ground floor is a single bedroom with en-suite bathroom.
- Drawing room
- Dining area
- Study with own en-suite bathroom
- 40 square meter play-room/cinema room
- Sauna and/or steam room
- Christmas Market in St Anton
- Advent magic in the park
- 'The Snow Must go On' New Years Eve
- New Years Concert
- FIS Ski races
- 'The White Thrill' - Winter Sports Competition
ACTIVITIES IN ST ANTON
- Climbing at the sports centre - an area of almost 1,000 square metres indoor and outdoor, 'Arl.rock' brings together everything for boulder, lead, fixed rope and ice climbing.
- Indoor tennis (resort sports centre )
- Squash courts (resort sports centre)
- Four bowling lanes. (resort sports centre)
- Swimming pool indoor and outdoor (wellness centre)
- Steam room (wellness centre)
- Sauna - dry heat and infrared (wellness centre)
- State of the art gym (wellness centre)
- Ice skating (outdoor at the wellness centre)
- Curling - outdoor ice rink
- Torch Lit Descent - Watch the St Anton ski instructors ski at night on a torch lit descent every Wednesday night. Watch the free style skiers perform aerial acrobatic tricks, whilst the ski instructors show off the crash formation. This spectacular can be enjoyed with a
vin chaud, especially on a cold night.
- Toboggan Run
- St Anton Gampen - 4.3km illuminated natural toboggan run to Nasserein which is open daily from 12pm to 4pm, with evening tobogganing between 7.30pm and 9.30pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The course takes approximately 15 minutes to complete, depending of course on how many times you disembark your toboggan. Toboggans can be rented at most sports shops.
- Horse-Drawn Sleigh Ride
- Cross-country Skiing - 40km long network of trails
GMT + 1 hour
The official currency is the Euro (€). Coins are available in 1 cent, 2 cent, 5 cent, 10 cent, 20 cent, 50, cent, €1 & €2 denominations. Notes are available in €5, €10, €20, €50, €100, €200, €500 denominations.
Travellers cheques are widely accepted for exchange or purchase in major cities, but in more rural areas, visit a bank to exchange them for Euros. Major credit cards are widely accepted here and ATM access is widespread. Exchange currency only at authorized outlets such as banks and hotels, and exchange only what you think you will spend in the country. Coins cannot be reconverted on departure. Save all receipts from any currency exchange transaction. You may be asked to produce them when you exit the country, and they are required if you intend to reconvert local currency.
COST OF LIFT PASSES (based on Dolomiti SuperSki pass)
* Children aged 14 and under
** Seniors aged 65 and above
*** Family passes are available in some resorts
Please note that the above shows average prices, not resort specific.
In restaurants a service charge is built into menu prices. However, it's customary to round up amounts when paying the waiter or waitress if you're happy with the service. This means that you might hand the server EUR 50 for a EUR 47 meal. If you're paying by credit card, hand the server a cash tip of up to 5%. For Taxis as in restaurants, round up or add 5% when you're happy with the service. Tips to your chalet staff are entirely at your discretion.
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE FORMALITIES
Travel documents are your responsibility. In general you should have: a signed, valid passport that will remain valid for at least 6 months beyond the completion of your trip. Your passport must have enough blank pages (excluding amendment pages) available for entry and exit stamps issued when entering and exiting immigration points. Visas are required for certain nationalities and you are strongly advised to check your status allowing plenty of time for visa application.
The nearest airports to St Anton are:
- Innsbruck (96km)
- Friedrichshafen (130km)
- Zurich (195km)
- Munich (300km)
The alpine climate is cold and visitors should wear warm, waterproof clothing at all times when outdoors during the winter. Hats and gloves are also essential to prevent frostbite. Sunglasses or ski goggles are also necessary to reduce the glare of the sun on the snow.
It is advisable to contact your doctor before you travel if you have any specific health concerns and imperative to take out appropriate travel and medical insurance. Winter sports involve a high degree of risk and you should be in good health and carry adequate medical insurance in case of winter sports accident, including cover for air ambulance.
Distance to lifts Nasserein Telecabine): 3 minute walk
Distance to resort centre: 10 minute walk/ 2 minute drive
Innsbruck airport: 1h 30m / 100km
Zurich airport: 2h 30m / 200km
- Please note that the location on this map is an approximate guide, normally to the closest town/village.
|< Previous Month
||Next Month >
- Villas are normally rented on a Saturday to Saturday basis throughout the year. However, shorter breaks and/or alternative arrival days are available at some villas during Low and Mid seasons.
- There may be some variations on the above dates at selected villas, details of which can be provided by your Abercrombie & Kent Villa Consultant.
- Please note that villa only prices are according to self-catered or B&B packages as described on the fact sheet.
- A&K Hosted prices are according to catered or half board packages as described on the fact sheet
The above rates are on a per chalet, per week basis. For further information on Catered and Self-Catered Options please contact one of our A&K Chalet Travel Consultants who will be happy to discuss your specific holiday needs – simply complete the quick ‘Make an Enquiry’ form or call us on 0845 618 2205.
- Cost of utilities including water, gas and electricity.
- Daily housekeeping and final cleaning.
- Bed linen changed weekly, household linen and towels changed mid-weekly.
- Concierge service.
- Central Heating.
- Wireless broadband internet.
- All of above.
- Welcome reception, including champagne on the first night.
- Daily breakfast and afternoon tea.
- Children's supper.
- Dinner on six nights per week with pre-dinner cocktails and canapés.
- Carefully selected house wines.
- Private ski instructor on 1 day per week.
- 2 hour massage on 1 evening.
- Shared driver service.
- Extra maid service is available on request.
- Cook service is available on request.
- KINDLY NOTE:
Staff day off: Breakfast will be laid out for guests to help themselves. No housekeeping on this day, however breakfast cleared away.