The first luxury chalet of its kind in Selva Gardena, Pine Lodge enjoys a prime position on the south facing side of Val Gardena set amidst the Sassolungo, Puez and the Sella Massif mountains. The ski-lifts are within just 300 metres of the chalet as are a myriad of spectacular hiking trails during the summer. The village centre is five minute walk away.
The beautiful Val Gardena in South Tyrol is part of the alliance of Leading Mountain Resorts of the World and offers a wide range of outdoor activities (fabulous winter sports, biking, hiking and climbing), as well as a rich calendar of cultural, musical and sporting events year-round. The village of Selva Gardena (altitude 1563m) with just 2600 inhabitants is famed for its great hospitality tradition and its exceptional location: the most beautiful slopes of the Dolomiti Superski ski carousel are easily accessible and the famous Sella Ronda runs through the village.
All 4 bedrooms at the 5-star Pine Lodge are decorated in an individual style and named after the surrounding mountains. Each room has en-suite bath and/or shower rooms, hair dryer, Wi-Fi, safe, satellite TV and Internet radio.
The open plan living area is situated upstairs to make the most of the stunning views over the village of Selva Gardena and the Sella Massif. The central log fire can be viewed from all sides; whilst sipping a cocktail at the bar, enjoying a gourmet dinner or even from the spacious south facing sun terrace.
Pine Lodge in Selva has two terraces as well as a lawn so there is room for everybody to sit together or have some time to yourself whilst relaxing in the sun and enjoying the pure mountain air of the surrounding mountains, a UNESCO World Heritage site. The front terrace gets the sun all day from early morning so you can enjoy breakfast outside whilst admiring the most stunning views. The back terrace has sumptuous sofas and gets the sun late into the evening. From here, you access the outdoor hot tub an ideal place to sip a glass of "Spumante" with friends. The garden stretches around the front of the property.
The spa area boasts a combination sauna giving you various options including a Finnish sauna with temperatures up to 90°. After the sauna, guests can make use of the softly lit relaxation area, increasing their sense of wellbeing.
- Sella Suite - 40m² with victorian bath in the room and 2m wide bed
- Chedul room - 25m² with large double bed and sofa bed
- Sassolungo room - 25 m² with large double bed
- Stevia room - 22m² with a 160cm bed and wet room
- Open plan living area with central log fire
- South facing sun terrace
- Second terrace with outdoor hot tub
- Spa with sauna, fitness room and relaxation area
- Home cinema with 70 inch screen & PlayStation 4
- Ski/Boot room
- Indoor and outdoor parking
- Chirstmas Markets
- Christmas on Ice
- New Year in Gardena Celebrations
- Carnival procession
- Ice Skating Carnival
- Winter Open Air Party
- Rock the Dolomites festival
- If the weather isn't at its best for being up on the mountain, head into the sport centre and have a friendly competition of bowling. With 4 automatic lanes, everyone can join in!
- The outdoor Ice Skating Rink is the perfect place to practice those pirouettes at the end of a hard day on the mountain. You can hire your skates and skate until supper.
Hot Spring Spa
- The perfect way to warm up after a day skiing. Many of the hotels in the resort will allow you to book and use the spa to treat those weary legs.
- With many resorts not allowing the dare devil sport a tick off the bucket list is something that can happen here. Soaring up in a helicopter and skiing down untouched snow is something to really get the adrenalin pumping.
- There is a little bit of everything for everyone here. There are bars that are open into the early hours, small chic boutique bars and also bars full of live music.
GMT + 1
CURRENCY INFORMATION: The official currency is the Euro (€). Coins are available in 1 cent, 2 cent, 5 cent, 10 cent, 20 cent, 50, cent, €1 & €2 denominations. Notes are available in €5, €10, €20, €50, €100, €200, €500 denominations.
MONEY MATTERS: Travellers cheques are widely accepted for exchange or purchase in major cities, but in more rural areas, visit a bank to exchange them for Euros. Major credit cards are widely accepted here (though a limited number of merchants have American Express accounts) and ATM access is widespread. Exchange currency only at authorized outlets such as banks and hotels, and exchange only what you think you will spend in the country. Coins cannot be reconverted on departure. Save all receipts from any currency exchange transaction. You may be asked to produce them when you exit the country, and they are required if you intend to reconvert local currency.
AVERAGE COST OF SKI PASS:
Adult - €60,
Child (aged 14 and under) €40,
Senior (65-75 years) €40
Family (2ad + 1Child) €170
Adult - €290,
Child (aged 14 and under) €210,
Senior (65-75 years) €210
Family (2ad + 1Child) €800
Adult - €300,
Child (aged 14 and under) €230,
Senior (65-75 years) €230 Family (2ad + 1Child) €900
TIPPING SUGGESTIONS: Tips in restaurants are usually added on at 10/15 % of the bill. However, it is often a subject of controversy whether this amount actually goes to the waiter or not, therefore it is your choice whether to tip more.
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE FORMALITIES: Travel documents are your responsibility. In general you should have: a signed, valid passport that will remain valid for at least 6 months beyond the completion of your trip. Your passport must have enough blank pages (excluding amendment pages) available for entry and exit stamps issued when entering and exiting immigration points. Visas are required for certain nationalities and you are strongly advised to check your status allowing plenty of time for visa application.
NEAREST AIRPORT: The nearest airports to Selva Gardena are:
- Bolzano Airport (64km)
- Venice Marco Polo (194km)
- Bergamo (290km)
WEATHER: The alpine climate is cold and visitors should wear warm, waterproof clothing at all times when outdoors during the winter. Hats and gloves are also essential to prevent frostbite. Sunglasses or ski goggles are also necessary to reduce the glare of the sun on the snow.
HEALTH: It is advisable to contact your doctor before you travel if you have any specific health concerns and imperative to take out appropriate travel and medical insurance. Winter sports involve a high degree of risk and you should be in good health and carry adequate medical insurance in case of winter sports accident, including cover for air ambulance.
|< Previous Month
||Next Month >
- Chalets are normally rented on a Sunday to Sunday basis throughout the year. Christmas and New Year dates can vary, please see rates tab for further details. However, shorter breaks and/or alternative arrival days are available at some chalets during Low and Mid seasons.
- There may be some variations on the above dates at selected chalets, details of which can be provided by your Abercrombie & Kent Villa Consultant.
The above rates are on a per chalet, per night basis. For further information on Catered and Self-Catered Options please contact one of our A&K Chalet Travel Consultants who will be happy to discuss your specific holiday needs - simply complete the quick 'Make an Enquiry' form or call us on 0845 618 2205
- Dedicated service from the chalet staff and welcome assistance and cocktail
- Exclusive use of the chalet and its facilities
- Welcome drinks on arrival
- Fresh flowers on arrival
- Daily housekeeping
- Exclusive bath products
- Use of bathrobes, slippers and flip flops
- Wood for log fire
- Wi Fi Internet throughout the chalet
- Dedicated driving service to and from the piste
- Daily Breakfast and afternoon tea & cakes
- Pre dinner drinks on 6 evenings
- Four course evening meal on 6 evenings
- Concierge service
- In house fitting of rental skies, boards and boots (rental cost excluded)
- Airport Transfers
- Ski instructors and ski hire
- Lift Passes
- Wine & spirits available
- Massage & spa treatments
- Tourist Tax (payable locally in resort)