Taking prime position over the pinewoods of Cikat Bay and surrounded by beautifully landscaped gardens, this magnificent villa is the perfect combination of elegance and sophistication at the sea. Scenic terraces offer plenty of space for a leisurely lunch under the shade of the pergola, and the heated seawater pool summons you to a soothing afternoon swim.
If you prefer, unwind on your very own private pier as the Adriatic sparkles at you through a glass of chilled Istrian white wine and while away the afternoon until the spectacular afterglow of sunset. Villa Mali Raj, with its 10 rooms and suites, is the perfect choice for your week in Croatia's idyllic and chic northern region.
As a guest at Villa Mali Raj, you'll enjoy impeccable facilities and supreme service, including your own private concierge, chef and butler. Guests have use of the wellness and beauty zone at nearby 5* hotel including Finnish sauna, relaxation area, modern gym and hairdressers.
Characteristic Austro-Hungarian exterior blends perfectly with the luxury finishes and modern interior styling. Spacious and airy inside, with special architectural lighting signed by one of Croatia's leading architects, Dean Skira, ensures the most lavish lighting gives the perfect ambience at any time of the day.
The 10 spacious bedrooms, set across three floors, ensure absolute comfort and designed to suit the most discerning tastes. All en suite, with marble finished bathrooms; many with Jacuzzi bath and double basins.
Mali Lošinj has a health tourism tradition of over 120 years and you will find year round activities for wellness and nature; including walking trails, biking, gastro tours and spa activities. With the cleanest air and seas - absent from harmful substances, a mild climate and air filled with scents of rosemary, lemons, oranges, pines, lavender, myrtle, sage, and lilacs, you can see how this aromatic oasis is the place to be pampered by nature. We invite you to come and experience the Island of Vitality for yourself…
- Outdoor swimming pool with heated seawater and current, whirlpool area, sunbathing space and view of the sea.
- Outdoor massage zone
- Private pier with sundeck and parasols, shower and changing area.
- Terrace with garden
- Living and dining room with terrace and bar (or arranged as gaming room for teens)
- Guest and Staff Kitchen
- Gym and sauna.
- Agave: Double en suite, terrace with pinewood view
- Hortensia Master Suite: Double en suite, living room, full balcony, sea view
- Viola and Iris: 2 x Double en suite rooms with terrace, link directly into each other.
- Two of the beds are 2m wide and one is 1.80 wide. Plus one additional wall beds (1.80m)
- Opuntia Master Bedroom: Double en suite, living area, full balcony with sea view.
- Phoenix: Double en suite
- Yucca: Double en suite
- Two beds are 2m wide and one is 1.80m wide. Plus one single wall bed (e.g. for staff)
- Myrthus Master Bedroom: Double en suite, views over the entire bay, living area.
- Eucalyptus: Double en suite
- Magnolia: Double en suite
- All beds are 2m wide plus one single wall bed
The following services are included in the rental: Your choice of breakfast served daily; Welcome drink upon arrival; Leisure dining throughout the day; Normal dinner service each evening - groceries and soft drinks included; Head butler and assistance; Daily Housekeeping service, Washing, ironing and pressing service; Pool and beach towels; Private shuttle service from/to the Airport Lošinj; 24-hour security
A large variety of extra services can be arranged at additional charge by the concierge and/or the nearby 5* hotel team. Please enquire with your A&K Villas Consultant for more details.
Activities on the Croatian Islands
- Take a boat to the islands Brač and Vis to enjoy a day on the beach (a special experience is the Carpe Diem beach
- Stroll through the streets of the Old Town of Hvar and discover some of the best restaurants of the Dalmatian Coast
- Take a boat to the island of Mljet and explore the national park
GMT +1 hour
The Kuna (Kn, HRK) is the official currency of Croatia. One Kuna equals 100 Lipa.
Notes are available in denominations of 5, 10, 20, 50, 100, 200, 500, 1000 kn.
Coins are available in denominations of 1, 2, 5, 10, 20, 50 lipa and 1, 2, 5, 25 kn.
Major credit cards are widely accepted here (though a limited number of merchants have American Express accounts) and ATM access is widespread. Exchange currency only at authorized outlets such as banks and hotels, and exchange only what you think you will spend in-country. Coins cannot be reconverted on departure.
Save all receipts from any currency exchange transaction. You may be asked to produce them when you exit the country, and they are required if you intend to reconvert local currency.
Tipping in Croatia
The Croatians are fairly relaxed about tipping etiquette. However service is not usually included in restaurants and it is common practice to leave the spare change, or up to 10% of the total in a smarter restaurant. Tipping taxi drivers in Croatia is not expected, but if it was a pleasant ride then rounding up the amount would certainly be appreciated.
Tipping In Restaurants: If service was good a 10% tip is appropriate. Beware there may be a cover charge for bread and water. In bars, simply round up the total amount.
Arrival & Departure Formalities
Travel documents are your responsibility. In general you should have: • A signed, valid passport that will remain valid for at least 6 months beyond the completion of your trip. Your passport must have enough blank pages (excluding amendment pages) available for entry and exit stamps issued when entering and exiting immigration points.
• Visas are required for certain nationalities and you are strongly advised to check your status allowing plenty of time for visa application.
Weather on the Dalmatian Coast
The Adriatic coast enjoys a Mediterranean climate of hot, dry summers and cool, rainy winters. Summer temperatures range from 22 to 26°C in the continental region, 15 to 20°C in the mountain region and 26 to 30°C in the coastal region. Winter temperatures range from 5 to 10°C in the coastal areas.
It is advisable to contact your doctor before you travel if you have any specific health concerns and take out appropriate travel and medical insurance.
Electricity Supply in Croatia
Electrical service in Croatia is supplied at 220-240 volts/50 hertz - a converter/adaptor may be required.
Driving In Croatia
Minimum driving age is 18.
Passport or national ID as well as driver's license, insurance papers and ownership papers must be carried all the time.
An international driving licence is not required for European citizens. Your locally issued driving licence, as long as it is accompanied by the passport, will suffice.
Fuel: Unleaded petrol (95 and 98 octane), diesel (dizel) and LPG available at most filling stations located on motorways. It is forbidden to carry petrol in a can. Credit cards accepted at filling stations; check with your card issuer for usage in Croatia before travel.
In built-up areas 31 mph (50 km/h), outside built-up areas 55 mph (90 km/h) but 68 mph (110 km/h) on expressways and 80 mph (130 km/h) on motorways, unless otherwise indicated by road signs.
All motorists under 24 years of age must not exceed: 49 mph (80 km/h) on normal roads outside built-up areas: 62 mph (100 km/h) on expressways and 74 mph (120 km/h) on motorways.
Passengers/children in cars:
Children under the age of 12 cannot travel as a front seat passenger, with the exception of a child under 2 years seated in a suitable child seat. The seat must be fitted facing in the opposite direction of travel with the passenger airbags turned off.
Drinking and driving:
Strictly forbidden for all drivers less than 24 years of age i.e. nil percentage of alcohol allowed in driver's blood. Legal limit for drivers 24 years and over; alcohol in drivers blood is 0.05%, exceptions to this rule apply to professional drivers. Tests for narcotics may be performed, if tests prove positive severe consequences include confiscation of vehicle, severe fine and removal of driving licence. It is prohibited to drive after taking any medicine whose side effects may affect the ability to drive a motor vehicle.
The police officer will impose a fine on the spot; the fine must be paid within eight days at a post office or bank. The police may hold your passport until evidence of payment is produced. The driving licence of a foreign motorist can be suspended for up to 8 days for driving with excess alcohol, driving without prescribed medical aids e.g. glasses, driving in a state of exhaustion or whilst ill. The licence must be collected within 3 days of the end of suspension. Illegally parked cars can be wheel clamped.
Safety & Security
• Crime levels are low and violent crime is rare.
• Take care in busy tourist areas, where pickpockets are known to operate. Avoid carrying large amounts of cash. Don't leave valuables unattended, particularly on the beach. Use a hotel safe if possible.
• Report all incidents of crime to the local police station and get a police report.
Villa Mali Raj is located in the pine-shaded Cikat bay, approx. 1.5km from the town and marina of Mali Lošinj.
Mali Lošinj airport is 15km away (small planes only) and Pula is 150km away.
Many small islands can be reached from here including; Ilovik, Susak, Silba, Olib, Premuda and Vele Srakane. Two hours south you can find the famous Kornati islands.
* Please note that the location on this map is an approximate guide, normally to the closest town/village.
|< Previous Month
||Next Month >
- Our villas are normally rented on a Saturday to Saturday basis throughout the year. However, shorter breaks and alternative arrival days might be available on request. Please contact your Abercrombie & Kent Villa Consultant for further details.
- Please note that the standard check-in time at our properties is between 4-7pm and that we ask guests to vacate the property by 10am on departure day, unless otherwise agreed in advance.
- The above rates are on a per villa, per week basis. For further information on our villa only and A&K hosted services please see our
'Villa Rental Options' page. An A&K Villas Travel Consultant will be happy to discuss your specific holiday needs - simply complete the quick
'Make an Enquiry' form or call us on 0845 618 2205.
- Private shuttle service from/to the Airport Losinj.
- Welcome drink upon arrival plus complimentary non-alcoholic drinks during the stay.
- Your choice of breakfast served daily.
- Leisure dining throughout the day.
- Dinner service each evening (except gala dinners).
- Cost of groceries for meals.
- Head butler and assistance.
- Daily Housekeeping service.
- Washing, ironing and pressing service.
- 24-hour security and reception desk.
- Full air-conditioning and central heating.
- Outdoor heated seawater swimming pool with current and sunbathing area.
- Private pier with deckchairs, parasols and shower/changing facilities.
- Pool and beach towels.
- Tourist taxes.
- Please contact your A&K Villas Travel Consultant for information on transfers, day excursions, restaurant reservations, etc.
- Please note that in case of cancellation all confirmed services are non-refundable.