Select a Destination
La Grande Maison
01242 547 705
to speak to a specialist
Saint-Émilion | Bedrooms: 5 | Sleeps: 10
Rates: from £10,419 per week
La Grande Maison is the perfect holiday home for wine lovers and gourmet travelers. Located in the heart of the UNESCO World Heritage Site of St. Emilion, this beautiful property is just a short walk away from fine dining restaurants and numerous wine shops in the center of the famous medieval village. Short stays at La Grande Maison are possible even in high season, which makes it the ideal base to discover the world-famous vineries of one of the principal red wine areas of Bordeaux, before moving on to discover other parts of France.
La Grande Maison is set on 800 square meters of land and the living spaces of 360 square meters have been tastefully designed. Its ambience fluctuates from high spec private villa to small boutique hotel. The theme of 'wine' is omnipresent in this beautiful property: From the vineyards in front of La Grande Maison, the unique and very original decoration in the dining and sitting room, to the wine cellar and wine list available for the guests: This truly is 'a wine lovers' paradise. On the ground floor you will find a well equipped kitchen, a sitting area, a dining room, office space as well as a spacious en-suite bedroom. From the kitchen you have access to a small outside dining and sitting area, which is ideal for the summer months. But always bear in mind that many restaurants with delicious regional specialities are waiting for you a short walk away. On the first floor there are four further en-suite bedrooms. All rooms are spacious, nicely furnished, air-conditioned and equipped with flat screen TVs. Three of the bedrooms have en-suite shower rooms, the other two offer absolute comfort with both iron cast roll top bath and separate shower. La Grande Maison is without doubt the ideal base to discover this beautiful wine region. If you stay in St. Emilion, it goes without saying that you have to get to know the best St. Emilion wines and their producers. Wine tastings and visits of the world famous Chateaux are a must-do in this area!
- Dining area comfortably seating up to 10 guests
- Sitting room or ‘Wine club’ with fireplace and wooden floor
- Office area with printer
- Fully equipped kitchen with breakfast and dining table opening onto small outdoor sitting area
- Bedroom 1: King size bed (180cm) with TV and en-suite shower room. Open to little garden area.
- Bedroom 2: Twin beds (90cm each) that can be made up as double bed with fireplace, TV, shower room and views over the vineyard
- Bedroom 3: King size bed (180cm) with TV and en-suite bathroom with cast iron roll top bath and separate marble shower
- Bedroom 4: King size bed (180cm) with en-suite shower room and TV
- Bedroom 5: Large luxurious suite of 55 square meters with balcony, mini bar, TV, en-suite bathroom with cast iron roll top bath and separate travertine shower room
- The property is located next to a town road that is very popular in high season.
- La Grande Maison is a village house with a small garden. Please note that there is no swimming pool.
- This property is not suitable for families with small children.
We had the most wonderful time ... Fantastic house ... Wonderful weather and a car full of wine ... Makes the 30 hour round drive worth every second!
Looking forward to the next time already.
- Train station: Libourne (7.7km)
- Airport: Bordeaux-Mérignac Airport (54km), Bergerac Dordogne Périgord Airport (60km)
St. Emilion – Walking distance to restaurants, shops and local supermarkets
- City: Libourne (8.5km), Bordeaux (40km), Bergerac (57km)
- Beach: Cap Ferret (93km)
- Golf: Grand Saint-Emilionnais Golf Club (15km), Golf Blue Green Bordeaux Lac (44km)
Please note that the location on this map is an approximate guide, normally to the closest town/village.
|< Previous Month||May 2017||Next Month >|
Our villas are normally rented on a Saturday to Saturday basis throughout the year. However, at La Grande Maison shorter breaks and alternative arrival days are available in all seasons (minimum 3 nights). Please contact your Abercrombie & Kent Villa Consultant for further details.
Please note that the standard check-in time at our properties is between 4-7pm and that we ask guests to vacate the property by 10am on departure day, unless otherwise agreed in advance.
- Short breaks are available at La Grande Maison all over the year at pro rata rates (minimum stay 3 nights, please inquire for details).
- The above rates are on a per villa, per week basis. For further information on our villa only and A&K hosted services please see our 'Villa Rental Options' page. An A&K Villas Travel Consultant will be happy to discuss your specific holiday needs - simply complete the quick 'Make an Enquiry' form or call us on 0845 618 2205.
- Cost of utilities including water, gas and electricity.
- Maid service every day, 3 hours per day.
- Breakfast delivery each morning (baguette & croissants, cost of groceries included).
- Arrival set of pool towels, household and bed linen (twice weekly change for rentals longer than 7 nights).
- Final Cleaning.
- Central Heating.
- Partial Air-conditioning (All bedrooms and kitchen).
- Wi-Fi broadband internet.
- Free international calls to landlines.
- Extra maid service available on request at €25/hour.
- Private chauffeured wine tour and tasting (rates on request).
- Cook service (local cuisine) is available for up to eight guests from EUR 30/hour plus the cost of groceries.
- Chef service (professional service) is available for up to eight guests from EUR 80 per person plus the cost of the groceries.
- Waiters (obligatory for more than 8 guests): From EUR 20/hr (subject to availability).
- Transfers from Bordeaux Airport to the Villa (Transfer both ways): Mercedes E class (for two or three passengers) or Mercedes Viano (for seven passengers) available from EUR 207.
(Please note: for services between 7.30pm and 7.00am a supplement of 20% is applied).
- Pre-arrival grocery shopping is available. A service fee of EUR 60 is charged plus the cost of groceries. This service covers up to EUR 200 worth of groceries. This service is included within our A&K Concierge offering.
- We are also able to arrange additional activities to enhance your holiday experience such as guided touring and sightseeing options, tutored wine tasting, tennis or golf courses, bike rental or art classes. Please see the activities tab for further ideas or discuss additional activities with your Travel Consultant.
- Please note that all services confirmed in advance are non-refundable.
Your Villa Rental
Because everyone's concept of a villa holiday is different, we have created a formula to offer flexibility and the freedom to design run your own holiday or call upon us to help open up a world of possibilities.
Our Villa-Only rental option comes as standard and is ideal for those seeking pure independence whilst travelling.
Every A&K Villa Only rental includes:
- Dedicated Pre-Arrival Concierge service
- Villa rental on an exclusive basis
- Utilities (gas, water, electricity), unless otherwise stated
- Towels, pool towels and bed linen as standard
- 1 cot & highchair (cot linen not provided)
- An A&K Local Representative who is on call 24/7 in case of emergency. Your Local Representative will also meet you once during your stay (on your arrival weekend) to help you to settle in, explain Health & Safety and answer any questions you may have regarding the villa.
(In some cases an A&K Representative is not required as the villa will have its own competent, local manager.)
- A 24 hour A&K Emergency Duty Manager contact service based in the UK
- Comprehensive information book
- VAT and administration charges
- Villa's own services - please check what additional services are provided as standard with a particular property – such as maid service, usage of air-conditioning, central and pool heating, as these can vary from property to property. This information will be available online or via your sales representative.
Should you wish to further enhance your villa experience, our thoughtfully designed A&K Concierge Packages are the perfect solution for those seeking additional support and comfort during your stay. In addition to the amenities offered within the Villa Only rental, a large number of our properties offer the following packages of upgraded services including a knowledgeable local concierge, providing complete piece of mind whilst travelling:
Gold Concierge Package – seamless support throughout your stay...
Includes all of the Villa Only services, as well as:
- A dedicated local A&K Concierge whose knowledge provides you with invaluable assistance and recommendations
Following on from your pre-arrival Concierge team, upon arrival you will be seamlessly handed over to your local A&K Concierge who will have been briefed about all aspects of your holiday.
Your local A&K Concierge will personally welcome you to your villa and can be called upon at any time to assist you in any way throughout your stay. This can include anything from confirming itinerary arrangements; suggesting, making and booking additional services locally as required, such as restaurant reservations, visits and guided tours; trouble shooting; language assistance; providing a check-out service, and much more.
- Introductory morning orientation tour of local area with your A&K Concierge on your arrival weekend - the best way to familiarise yourself with the local area (own transport required if villa is not within walking distance)
- Complimentary pre-arrival grocery shopping service. Simply tell us in advance what groceries you require and your Concierge will pre-stock the villa accordingly (cost of groceries excluded)
Platinum Concierge Package – creating your ultimate stay with complete convenience...
Includes all of the Villa Only services, as well as:
- A continental buffet-style breakfast provided on your first morning, including a selection of breads and fresh pastries, cheese, meats, fruit, yoghurts and fresh fruit juice
- A pre-stocked drinks fridge (typically consisting of four bottles of wine, beer, soft drinks, juices, mineral water)
- Fresh flowers and initial provisions, including jam, sugar, olive oil, tea, coffee, vinegar as well as cleaning provisions
- Starter pack of luxurious toiletries per bathroom
- Daily maid service (Monday to Friday and on Saturdays for multiple week bookings
- Mid-week linen and towel change
- A light, self-served supper on your arrival evening pre-prepared by your Concierge
- Complimentary mid-week grocery shopping service (cost of groceries excluded)
- Complimentary private chef service for a lunch or dinner, once during your stay (pre-booking necessary; cost of groceries excluded)
- Air Conditioning (Partial)
- Barbecue Facilities
- Business Centre
- Central Heating
- Coffee Machine (Espresso)
- DVD Player
- Internet Access (Wireless Broadband)
- TV (Cable/Satellite)
- Wine Cellar
Book this holiday and collect Avios
Reasons to book your holiday with us
- Over 50 years' experience
- 24/7 support before, during and after your stay
- All of our properties have been hand-picked and visited by a member of the team
- Travel Consultants are based in the UK with local offices to assist with planning every detail of your stay
- Option to upgrade to a Concierge stay to make the most of your visit
- Option to book additional trips and services via our local offices
Your favourites will appear here.