Select a Destination
La Grande Maison
01242 547 705
to speak to a specialist
Saint-Émilion | Bedrooms: 5 | Sleeps: 10
Rates: from £10,103 per week | Special offers available!
La Grande Maison is the perfect holiday home for wine lovers and gourmet travelers. Located in the heart of the UNESCO World Heritage Site of St. Emilion, this beautiful property is just a short walk away from fine dining restaurants and numerous wine shops in the center of the famous medieval village. Short stays at La Grande Maison are possible even in high season, which makes it the ideal base to discover the world-famous vineries of one of the principal red wine areas of Bordeaux, before moving on to discover other parts of France.
La Grande Maison is set on 800 square meters of land and the living spaces of 360 square meters have been tastefully designed. Its ambience fluctuates from high spec private villa to small boutique hotel. The theme of 'wine' is omnipresent in this beautiful property: From the vineyards in front of La Grande Maison, the unique and very original decoration in the dining and sitting room, to the wine cellar and wine list available for the guests: This truly is 'a wine lovers' paradise. On the ground floor you will find a well equipped kitchen, a sitting area, a dining room, office space as well as a spacious en-suite bedroom. From the kitchen you have access to a small outside dining and sitting area, which is ideal for the summer months. But always bear in mind that many restaurants with delicious regional specialities are waiting for you a short walk away. On the first floor there are four further en-suite bedrooms. All rooms are spacious, nicely furnished, air-conditioned and equipped with flat screen TVs. Three of the bedrooms have en-suite shower rooms, the other two offer absolute comfort with both iron cast roll top bath and separate shower. La Grande Maison is without doubt the ideal base to discover this beautiful wine region. If you stay in St. Emilion, it goes without saying that you have to get to know the best St. Emilion wines and their producers. Wine tastings and visits of the world famous Chateaux are a must-do in this area!
- Dining area comfortably seating up to 10 guests
- Sitting room or ‘Wine club’ with fireplace and wooden floor
- Office area with printer
- Fully equipped kitchen with breakfast and dining table opening onto small outdoor sitting area
- Bedroom 1: King size bed (180cm) with TV and en-suite shower room. Open to little garden area.
- Bedroom 2: Twin beds (90cm each) that can be made up as double bed with fireplace, TV, shower room and views over the vineyard
- Bedroom 3: King size bed (180cm) with TV and en-suite bathroom with cast iron roll top bath and separate marble shower
- Bedroom 4: King size bed (180cm) with en-suite shower room and TV
- Bedroom 5: Large luxurious suite of 55 square meters with balcony, mini bar, TV, en-suite bathroom with cast iron roll top bath and separate travertine shower room
- The property is located next to a town road that is very popular in high season.
- La Grande Maison is a village house with a small garden. Please note that there is no swimming pool.
- This property is not suitable for families with small children.
- Train station: Libourne (7.7km)
- Airport: Bordeaux-Mérignac Airport (54km), Bergerac Dordogne Périgord Airport (60km)
St. Emilion – Walking distance to restaurants, shops and local supermarkets
- City: Libourne (8.5km), Bordeaux (40km), Bergerac (57km)
- Beach: Cap Ferret (93km)
- Golf: Grand Saint-Emilionnais Golf Club (15km), Golf Blue Green Bordeaux Lac (44km)
Please note that the location on this map is an approximate guide, normally to the closest town/village.
|< Previous Month||December 2016||Next Month >|
Our villas are normally rented on a Saturday to Saturday basis throughout the year. However, at La Grande Maison shorter breaks and alternative arrival days are available in all seasons (minimum 3 nights). Please contact your Abercrombie & Kent Villa Consultant for further details.
Please note that the standard check-in time at our properties is between 4-7pm and that we ask guests to vacate the property by 10am on departure day, unless otherwise agreed in advance.
- Short breaks are available at La Grande Maison all over the year at pro rata rates (minimum stay 3 nights, please inquire for details).
- The above rates are on a per villa, per week basis. For further information on our villa only and A&K hosted services please see our 'Villa Rental Options' page. An A&K Villas Travel Consultant will be happy to discuss your specific holiday needs - simply complete the quick 'Make an Enquiry' form or call us on 0845 618 2205.
- Cost of utilities including water, gas and electricity.
- Maid service every day, 3 hours per day.
- Breakfast delivery each morning (baguette & croissants, cost of groceries included).
- Arrival set of pool towels, household and bed linen (twice weekly change for rentals longer than 7 nights).
- Final Cleaning.
- Central Heating.
- Partial Air-conditioning (All bedrooms and kitchen).
- Wi-Fi broadband internet.
- Free international calls to landlines.
- Extra maid service available on request at €25/hour.
- Private chauffeured wine tour and tasting (rates on request).
- Cook service (local cuisine) / Chef service (professional service) is available for up to eight guests from EUR 30/hour plus the cost of the groceries.
- Waiters (obligatory for more than 8 guests): From EUR 20/hr (subject to availability).
- Transfers from Bordeaux Airport to the Villa (Transfer both ways): Mercedes E class (for two or three passengers) or Mercedes Viano (for seven passengers) available from EUR 207.
(Please note: for services between 7.30pm and 7.00am a supplement of 20% is applied).
- Pre-arrival grocery shopping is available. A service fee of EUR 60 is charged plus the cost of groceries. This service covers up to EUR 200 worth of groceries. This service is included within our A&K Concierge offering.
- We are also able to arrange additional activities to enhance your holiday experience such as guided touring and sightseeing options, tutored wine tasting, tennis or golf courses, bike rental or art classes. Please see the activities tab for further ideas or discuss additional activities with your Travel Consultant.
- Please note that all services confirmed in advance are non-refundable.
Because everyone’s concept of a villa holiday is different, we have created a formula designed to offer privacy, flexibility and the freedom to run your own holiday or call upon us to help open up a world of possibilities. Our villas are normally rented on a villa-only weekly basis and are ideal for those seeking independence and privacy. We’re on call in case you need us and we provide a change of towels and bed linen during the week, but otherwise there no inclusions.
A&K Concierge upgrade
For additional support, comfort and a slice of pampering why not upgrade to our A&K Concierge service. Included is an airport welcome on arrival with assistance for onward transportation; the services of an A&K Concierge – whose local knowledge provides you with invaluable assistance and recommendations; an orientation of the local area; a fully stocked drinks fridge; maid service; the ingredients for your first evening’s supper and breakfast delivered on the first morning of your stay. For full details of concierge inclusions speak to an A&K Travel Consultant on 0845 618 2205.
The finishing touches
Ever dreamt of driving through the Chianti hills in a red Ferrari, or along the Moyenne Corniche to Monaco in a Bentley? How about sailing along the Cote d'Azur to St Tropez in a private yacht or speed boat? Sometimes the home is all that you need, but if you're lured into culture, excitement, activity, improving your cooking or simply dabbling in landscapes, then speak to one of our Villa Specialists for an insight into what we can arrange. These are what we call our ‘Finishing Touches’.
The list is by no means exhaustive and we always welcome requests, however obscure you may think they are! Our local offices enable us to control the quality of the services on offer and the depth of knowledge our local teams have is impressive. Our aim is to provide guests with the authentic sights, flavours and experiences of the region they are staying in.
If you would prefer to discuss your specific requirements, whether it’s in relation to the property or about your stay in general, please do contact us using the Enquire page or please do give us a call for a chat.
Early Booking Offer
Book La Grande Maison for February half term or Easter and receive a free visit to a St Emilion Grande Cru Chateau during your visit including a tasting of two vintages.
Subject to availability. Terms and conditions apply.
CONTACT US ON 01242 547 705 OR ENQUIRE ONLINE
- Air Conditioning (Partial)
- Barbecue Facilities
- Business Centre
- Central Heating
- Coffee Machine (Espresso)
- DVD Player
- Internet Access (Wireless Broadband)
- TV (Cable/Satellite)
- Wine Cellar
Book this holiday and collect Avios
Reasons to book your holiday with us
- Over 50 years' experience
- 24/7 support before, during and after your stay
- All of our properties have been hand-picked and visited by a member of the team
- Travel Consultants are based in the UK with local offices to assist with planning every detail of your stay
- Option to upgrade to a Concierge stay to make the most of your visit
- Option to book additional trips and services via our local offices
Your favourites will appear here.