Select a Destination
La Maison des Amis
01242 547 705
to speak to a specialist
Naujan-et-Postiac | Bedrooms: 5 | Sleeps: 8 + 4
Rates: from £3,110 per week
Our luxury property, La Maison des Amis, is ideally located close to Bordeaux and St Emilion's world renowned vineyards and offers a tranquil escape in a beautiful natural landscape of an ancient stone quarry. The fully renovated 18th century farmhouse comprises 5 bedrooms, sleeping 12 guests, a large 16x4.5m pool, multiple family living areas and a spacious garden including a children's play area making it the ideal family property.
The owners of La Maison des Amis have renovated the villa in a most appealing way, blending traditional elements such as the elegant façade and main living room with modern comforts and furnishings such as in the contemporary salon and garden room, the bedrooms and the excellent kitchen/dining room. They have retained the villa's character but added a real 21st century appeal, particularly with the attractive pool reconstruction. La Maison des Amis is ideally located in the wine region, close to some of the best chateaux and vineyards in the world. The area is very quiet, green and lush and offers guests the opportunity to explore the hills and woods that surround. The property is hidden away and so you are guaranteed a private retreat. There are many activities available in the local area, including hiking, biking, kayaking, horse riding and tree top climbing. Take the occasion to go wine tasting at some of the prestigious chateaux in the area, spend the day in Bordeaux or a little further at the seaside in the Bassin d'Arcachon.
- Kitchen: Large fully equipped gourmet kitchen with dining table seating up to 12 guests
- Living room: Comfortable living room with beamed ceiling, fireplace and TV
- Sitting room with French doors opening to grounds
- Laundry room with washing machine & dryer.
- Storage room/pantry
- Guest toilet
- Bedroom 1: Accessible from the living room, on a slightly higher level, lies the master suite with king size bed (180cm) and separate bathroom (Jacuzzi bath and Italian shower) as well as separate WC
- Bedroom 2: Queen Size bed (160cm) with separate bathroom with shower and toilet set across the hall way
Bedroom 3: Queen size bed (160cm) with en-suite bathroom
- Bedroom 4: Children's bedroom with 4 single beds (90cm each), low beams and shelving with children's books and games
- Bedroom 5: Queen size bed (160cm)
- Shared bathroom with separate toilet shared by both bedrooms
- Bedroom 4 has low beams making it less suitable for adults.
- Low windows in some rooms (vertical safety bars in place).
- This villa is built in a former quarry - there are tunnels at the rear of the pool area; children must not be allowed to venture inside these tunnels.
- Mobile phone reception might be weak in some places.
- Train station: Bordeaux (49km)
- Airport: Bordeaux Merignac (57km) / Bergerac-Roumaniere (65km) / Toulouse Blagnac (223km)
- Villages : Naujan-et-Postiac (3km) / St. Emilion (16km) / Libourne (18km)
- City : Bordeaux (44km)
|< Previous Month||September 2016||Next Month >|
Our villas are normally rented on a Saturday to Saturday basis throughout the year. However, shorter breaks and alternative arrival days might be available outside the High Season. Please contact your Abercrombie & Kent Villa Consultant for further details.
Please note that the standard check-in time at our properties is between 4-7pm and that we ask guests to vacate the property by 10am on departure day, unless otherwise agreed in advance.
- The above rates are on a per villa, per week basis. For further information on our villa only and A&K Concierge services please see our 'Villa Rental Options' page. An A&K Villas Travel Consultant will be happy to discuss your specific holiday needs - simply complete the quick 'Make an Enquiry' form or call us on 0845 618 2205.
- Cost of utilities including water, gas and electricity.
- Arrival set of pool towels, household and bed linen (weekly change for bookings longer than 7 nights).
- Final Cleaning.
- Telephone (Only landline,100 international destinations).
- Fans in all bedrooms.
- Private fenced swimming pool (16 x 4.5m).
- Pool heating included in High season (Temperature max. 24 degrees).
- Wi-Fi Internet.
- Extra maid service available on request in advance at €26/hour.
- Central heating available on request for €300/week, payable locally.
- In mid and low season pool heating needs to be requested well in advance. A charge of €200/week needs to be prepaid. Please note that a pool temperature of 25 degrees cannot be guaranteed due to changing weather conditions.
- Cook service (local cuisine) / Chef service (professional service) is available for up to eight guests from EUR 30/hour plus the cost of the groceries.
- Waiters (obligatory for more than 8 guests): From EUR 20/hr (subject to availability).
- Transfers from Bordeaux Airport to the Villa (Transfer both ways): Mercedes E class (for two or three passengers) or Mercedes Viano (for seven passengers) available from EUR 207.
(Please note: for services between 7.30pm and 7.00am a supplement of 20% is applied).
- Pre-arrival grocery shopping is available. A service fee of EUR 60 is charged plus the cost of groceries. This service covers up to EUR 200 worth of groceries. This service is included within our A&K Concierge offering.
- We are also able to arrange additional activities to enhance your holiday experience such as guided touring and sightseeing options, tutored wine tasting, tennis or golf courses, bike rental or art classes. Please see the activities tab for further ideas or discuss additional activities with your Travel Consultant.
- Please note that all services confirmed in advance are non-refundable.
Because everyone’s concept of a villa holiday is different, we have created a formula designed to offer privacy, flexibility and the freedom to run your own holiday or call upon us to help open up a world of possibilities. Our villas are normally rented on a villa-only weekly basis and are ideal for those seeking independence and privacy. We’re on call in case you need us and we provide a change of towels and bed linen during the week, but otherwise there no inclusions.
A&K Concierge upgrade
For additional support, comfort and a slice of pampering why not upgrade to our A&K Concierge service. Included is an airport welcome on arrival with assistance for onward transportation; the services of an A&K Concierge – whose local knowledge provides you with invaluable assistance and recommendations; an orientation of the local area; a fully stocked drinks fridge; maid service; the ingredients for your first evening’s supper and breakfast delivered on the first morning of your stay. For full details of concierge inclusions speak to an A&K Travel Consultant on 0845 618 2205.
The finishing touches
Ever dreamt of driving through the Chianti hills in a red Ferrari, or along the Moyenne Corniche to Monaco in a Bentley? How about sailing along the Cote d'Azur to St Tropez in a private yacht or speed boat? Sometimes the home is all that you need, but if you're lured into culture, excitement, activity, improving your cooking or simply dabbling in landscapes, then speak to one of our Villa Specialists for an insight into what we can arrange. These are what we call our ‘Finishing Touches’.
The list is by no means exhaustive and we always welcome requests, however obscure you may think they are! Our local offices enable us to control the quality of the services on offer and the depth of knowledge our local teams have is impressive. Our aim is to provide guests with the authentic sights, flavours and experiences of the region they are staying in.
If you would prefer to discuss your specific requirements, whether it’s in relation to the property or about your stay in general, please do contact us using the Enquire page or please do give us a call for a chat.
- Barbecue Facilities
- Central Heating
- Children's Play Area
- Dining Area (Outdoor)
- Fans Available
- Internet Access (Wireless Broadband)
- iPod Docking Station (iPod Not included)
- Jacuzzi (Private)
- Recreation (Petanque/Boccia/Boules)
- Swimming Pool (Fenced/Gated)
- Swimming Pool (Heating Available)
- Table Tennis
- TV (Cable/Satellite)
- Washing Machine & Dryer
Book this holiday and collect Avios
Reasons to book your holiday with us
- Over 50 years' experience
- 24/7 support before, during and after your stay
- All of our properties have been hand-picked and visited by a member of the team
- Travel Consultants are based in the UK with local offices to assist with planning every detail of your stay
- Option to upgrade to a Concierge stay to make the most of your visit
- Option to book additional trips and services via our local offices
Your favourites will appear here.