Select a Destination
La Maison des Amis
01242 547 705
to speak to a specialist
Naujan-et-Postiac | Bedrooms: 5 | Sleeps: 8 + 4
Rates: from £3,242 per week
Our luxury property, La Maison des Amis, is ideally located close to Bordeaux and St Emilion's world renowned vineyards and offers a tranquil escape in a beautiful natural landscape of an ancient stone quarry. The fully renovated 18th century farmhouse comprises 5 bedrooms, sleeping 12 guests, a large 16x4.5m pool, multiple family living areas and a spacious garden including a children's play area making it the ideal family property.
The owners of La Maison des Amis have renovated the villa in a most appealing way, blending traditional elements such as the elegant façade and main living room with modern comforts and furnishings such as in the contemporary salon and garden room, the bedrooms and the excellent kitchen/dining room. They have retained the villa's character but added a real 21st century appeal, particularly with the attractive pool reconstruction. La Maison des Amis is ideally located in the wine region, close to some of the best chateaux and vineyards in the world. The area is very quiet, green and lush and offers guests the opportunity to explore the hills and woods that surround. The property is hidden away and so you are guaranteed a private retreat. There are many activities available in the local area, including hiking, biking, kayaking, horse riding and tree top climbing. Take the occasion to go wine tasting at some of the prestigious chateaux in the area, spend the day in Bordeaux or a little further at the seaside in the Bassin d'Arcachon.
- Kitchen: Large fully equipped gourmet kitchen with dining table seating up to 12 guests
- Living room: Comfortable living room with beamed ceiling, fireplace and TV
- Sitting room with French doors opening to grounds
- Laundry room with washing machine & dryer.
- Storage room/pantry
- Guest toilet
- Bedroom 1: Accessible from the living room, on a slightly higher level, lies the master suite with king size bed (180cm) and separate bathroom (Bathtub and Italian shower) as well as separate WC
- Bedroom 2: Queen Size bed (160cm) with separate bathroom with shower and toilet set across the hall way
- Bedroom 3: Queen size bed (160cm) with en-suite bathroom
- Bedroom 4: Children's bedroom with 4 single beds (90cm each), low beams and shelving with children's books and games
- Bedroom 5: Queen size bed (160cm)
- Shared bathroom with separate toilet shared by both bedrooms
- Bedroom 4 has low beams making it less suitable for adults.
- Low windows in some rooms (vertical safety bars in place).
- This villa is built in a former quarry - there are tunnels at the rear of the pool area; children must not be allowed to venture inside these tunnels.
- Mobile phone reception might be weak in some places.
- Train station: Bordeaux (49km)
- Airport: Bordeaux Merignac (57km) / Bergerac-Roumaniere (65km) / Toulouse Blagnac (223km)
- Villages : Naujan-et-Postiac (3km) / St. Emilion (16km) / Libourne (18km)
- City : Bordeaux (44km)
|< Previous Month||May 2017||Next Month >|
Our villas are normally rented on a Saturday to Saturday basis throughout the year. However, shorter breaks and alternative arrival days might be available outside the High Season. Please contact your Abercrombie & Kent Villa Consultant for further details.
Please note that the standard check-in time at our properties is between 4-7pm and that we ask guests to vacate the property by 10am on departure day, unless otherwise agreed in advance.
- The above rates are on a per villa, per week basis. For further information on our villa only and A&K Concierge services please see our 'Villa Rental Options' page. An A&K Villas Travel Consultant will be happy to discuss your specific holiday needs - simply complete the quick 'Make an Enquiry' form or call us on 0845 618 2205.
- Cost of utilities including water, gas and electricity.
- Arrival set of pool towels, household and bed linen (weekly change for bookings longer than 7 nights).
- Final Cleaning.
- Telephone (Only landline,100 international destinations).
- Fans in all bedrooms.
- Private fenced swimming pool (16 x 4.5m).
- Pool heating included in High season (Temperature max. 24 degrees).
- Wi-Fi Internet.
- Extra maid service available on request in advance at EUR 28/hour.
- Central heating available on request for EUR 300/week, payable locally.
- In mid and low season pool heating needs to be requested well in advance. A charge of EUR 200/week needs to be prepaid. Please note that a pool temperature of 25 degrees cannot be guaranteed due to changing weather conditions.
- Cook service (local cuisine) is available for up to eight guests from EUR 30/hour plus the cost of groceries.
- Chef service (professional service) is available for up to eight guests from EUR 80 per person plus the cost of the groceries.
- Waiters (obligatory for more than 8 guests): From EUR 20/hr (subject to availability).
- Transfers from Bordeaux Airport to the Villa (Transfer both ways): Mercedes E class (for two or three passengers) or Mercedes Viano (for seven passengers) available from EUR 207.
(Please note: for services between 7.30pm and 7.00am a supplement of 20% is applied).
- Pre-arrival grocery shopping is available. A service fee of EUR 60 is charged plus the cost of groceries. This service covers up to EUR 200 worth of groceries. This service is included within our A&K Concierge offering.
- We are also able to arrange additional activities to enhance your holiday experience such as guided touring and sightseeing options, tutored wine tasting, tennis or golf courses, bike rental or art classes. Please see the activities tab for further ideas or discuss additional activities with your Travel Consultant.
- Please note that all services confirmed in advance are non-refundable.
Your Villa Rental
Because everyone's concept of a villa holiday is different, we have created a formula to offer flexibility and the freedom to design run your own holiday or call upon us to help open up a world of possibilities.
Our Villa-Only rental option comes as standard and is ideal for those seeking pure independence whilst travelling.
Every A&K Villa Only rental includes:
- Dedicated Pre-Arrival Concierge service
- Villa rental on an exclusive basis
- Utilities (gas, water, electricity), unless otherwise stated
- Towels, pool towels and bed linen as standard
- 1 cot & highchair (cot linen not provided)
- An A&K Local Representative who is on call 24/7 in case of emergency. Your Local Representative will also meet you once during your stay (on your arrival weekend) to help you to settle in, explain Health & Safety and answer any questions you may have regarding the villa.
(In some cases an A&K Representative is not required as the villa will have its own competent, local manager.)
- A 24 hour A&K Emergency Duty Manager contact service based in the UK
- Comprehensive information book
- VAT and administration charges
- Villa's own services - please check what additional services are provided as standard with a particular property – such as maid service, usage of air-conditioning, central and pool heating, as these can vary from property to property. This information will be available online or via your sales representative.
Should you wish to further enhance your villa experience, our thoughtfully designed A&K Concierge Packages are the perfect solution for those seeking additional support and comfort during your stay. In addition to the amenities offered within the Villa Only rental, a large number of our properties offer the following packages of upgraded services including a knowledgeable local concierge, providing complete piece of mind whilst travelling:
Gold Concierge Package – seamless support throughout your stay...
Includes all of the Villa Only services, as well as:
- A dedicated local A&K Concierge whose knowledge provides you with invaluable assistance and recommendations
Following on from your pre-arrival Concierge team, upon arrival you will be seamlessly handed over to your local A&K Concierge who will have been briefed about all aspects of your holiday.
Your local A&K Concierge will personally welcome you to your villa and can be called upon at any time to assist you in any way throughout your stay. This can include anything from confirming itinerary arrangements; suggesting, making and booking additional services locally as required, such as restaurant reservations, visits and guided tours; trouble shooting; language assistance; providing a check-out service, and much more.
- Introductory morning orientation tour of local area with your A&K Concierge on your arrival weekend - the best way to familiarise yourself with the local area (own transport required if villa is not within walking distance)
- Complimentary pre-arrival grocery shopping service. Simply tell us in advance what groceries you require and your Concierge will pre-stock the villa accordingly (cost of groceries excluded)
Platinum Concierge Package – creating your ultimate stay with complete convenience...
Includes all of the Villa Only services, as well as:
- A continental buffet-style breakfast provided on your first morning, including a selection of breads and fresh pastries, cheese, meats, fruit, yoghurts and fresh fruit juice
- A pre-stocked drinks fridge (typically consisting of four bottles of wine, beer, soft drinks, juices, mineral water)
- Fresh flowers and initial provisions, including jam, sugar, olive oil, tea, coffee, vinegar as well as cleaning provisions
- Starter pack of luxurious toiletries per bathroom
- Daily maid service (Monday to Friday and on Saturdays for multiple week bookings
- Mid-week linen and towel change
- A light, self-served supper on your arrival evening pre-prepared by your Concierge
- Complimentary mid-week grocery shopping service (cost of groceries excluded)
- Complimentary private chef service for a lunch or dinner, once during your stay (pre-booking necessary; cost of groceries excluded)
- Barbecue Facilities
- Central Heating
- Children's Play Area
- Dining Area (Outdoor)
- Fans Available
- Internet Access (Wireless Broadband)
- iPod Docking Station (iPod Not included)
- Jacuzzi (Private)
- Recreation (Petanque/Boccia/Boules)
- Swimming Pool (Fenced/Gated)
- Swimming Pool (Heating Available)
- Table Tennis
- TV (Cable/Satellite)
- Washing Machine & Dryer
Book this holiday and collect Avios
Reasons to book your holiday with us
- Over 50 years' experience
- 24/7 support before, during and after your stay
- All of our properties have been hand-picked and visited by a member of the team
- Travel Consultants are based in the UK with local offices to assist with planning every detail of your stay
- Option to upgrade to a Concierge stay to make the most of your visit
- Option to book additional trips and services via our local offices
Your favourites will appear here.