Select a Destination
Maison du Village
01242 547 705
to speak to a specialist
Castillon la Bataille | Bedrooms: 4 | Sleeps: 8
Rates: from £5,179 per week
Located in the historical market town of Castillon la Bataille and enjoying beautiful views of the Dordogne River, this spacious and light village house is an absolute delight. Picture-postcard pretty, its charming interiors mix a classic feel with luxurious modern touches. Maison du Village is set within walking distance of all the shops and restaurants in the village, yet is very quiet and private. The UNESCO world heritage site Saint Emilion famous for its wines is only a 20 minute drive away.
This luxurious property consists of a main house and a separate apartment, ideal for families or friends travelling together. Entering the main house you will find a well-equipped kitchen, a dining area, a comfortable living room with fireplace as well as a TV snug area. From the living room you can step out onto a terrace overlooking the river - this is the ideal place to kick back with a bottle of Bordeaux as you watch hot air balloons crossing the Dordogne River. The ground floor is also home to a bedroom with en-suite shower room that can be either set up as double or twin bedroom. Upstairs, you will find the master bedroom, complete with king size bed and bathroom with bath tub and separate Italian shower. The main guest bedroom on the first floor boasts an en-suite shower room and gives access to another bedroom - upon request the pull out bed in this room can be made up as a single or double bed. Accessed by a separate stair case a self-contained apartment offers additional privacy and can even be rented independently in low season. It contains a well equipped kitchen on the ground floor, as well as a living room with access to a sun deck terrace, bedroom and shower room on the first floor. In the courtyard Maison du Village boasts an al fresco dining area with charcoal barbecue, and stairs lead you down to a beautiful garden. The village of Castillon la Bataille has a very rich historical and architectural heritage, having been the setting of the battle that put an end to the 100 Years War between the French and the English in 1453. Today the town is famous for its historical reconstitution of the battle in summertime and offers many cultural activities.
Main house - Ground Level
- Well-equipped kitchen with Viking cooking range, fridge freezer and dining area
- Living room with fireplace opening onto a terrace overlooking the Dordogne
- TV area with Sky TV
- Bedroom 1: King size bed (180cm) that can be made up as twin beds (2x90cm) with en-suite shower room suitable for guests with walking difficulties (only one step up to the shower room)
Main house – First Floor
- Bedroom 2: Master bedroom with king size bed (180cm) and en-suite bathroom with bath tub and separate Italian shower
- Bedroom 3: Double bed (150cm) with en-suite shower room and access to separate bedroom with pull out bed (single or 180cm)
Apartment – Ground Floor
- Well-equipped kitchen
Apartment – First Floor
- Living room leading onto a sun deck terrace
- Bedroom 4: King size bed (180cm) that can be made up as twin beds (2x90cm) with en-suite shower room
The apartment can be rented independently outside the season. Please contact your Abercrombie & Kent Villa Consultant for further details.
- Village of Castillon-la-Bataille: Walking distance to shops and restaurants
- Train station: Castillon La Bataille (650meters/8 minutes walking, 4min drive), Libourne (18km)
- Airport: Bergerac Dordogne Périgord (50km), Bordeaux-Mérignac (63km), Toulouse Blagnac (224km)
- City: Libourne (18km), Langon (44km), Bergerac (46km), Bordeaux (56km)
- Beach: Cap Ferret (102km)
Please note that the location on this map is an approximate guide, normally to the closest town/village.
|< Previous Month||May 2017||Next Month >|
Our villas are normally rented on a Saturday to Saturday basis throughout the year. However, shorter breaks and alternative arrival days might be available outside the High Season. Please contact your Abercrombie & Kent Villa Consultant for further details.
Please note that the standard check-in time at our properties is between 4-7pm and that we ask guests to vacate the property by 10am on departure day, unless otherwise agreed in advance.
The above rates are on a per villa, per week basis. For further information on our villa only and A&K Concierge services please see our 'Villa Rental Options' page. An A&K Villas Travel Consultant will be happy to discuss your specific holiday needs - simply complete the quick 'Make an Enquiry' form or call us on 0845 618 2205.
- Cost of utilities including water, gas and electricity.
- Maid service 3 hours on Wednesday.
- Arrival set of pool towels, household and bed linen (weekly change for rentals longer than 7 nights).
- Final Cleaning.
- Central Heating.
- Wi-Fi broadband internet.
- Phone (Local calls only, including land line calls to UK and US).
- Extra maid service available on request at €20/hour.
- Cook service (local cuisine) is available for up to eight guests from EUR 30/hour plus the cost of groceries.
- Chef service (professional service) is available for up to eight guests from EUR 80 per person plus the cost of the groceries.
- Waiters (obligatory for more than 8 guests): From EUR 20/hr (subject to availability).
- Transfers from Bordeaux Airport to the Villa (Transfer both ways): Mercedes E class (for two or three passengers) or Mercedes Viano (for seven passengers) available from EUR 207.
(Please note: for services between 7.30pm and 7.00am a supplement of 20% is applied).
- Pre-arrival grocery shopping is available. A service fee of EUR 60 is charged plus the cost of groceries. This service covers up to EUR 200 worth of groceries. This service is included within our A&K Concierge offering.
- We are also able to arrange additional activities to enhance your holiday experience such as guided touring and sightseeing options, tutored wine tasting, tennis or golf courses, bike rental or art classes. Please see the activities tab for further ideas or discuss additional activities with your Travel Consultant.
- Please note that all services confirmed in advance are non-refundable.
Your Villa Rental
Because everyone's concept of a villa holiday is different, we have created a formula to offer flexibility and the freedom to design run your own holiday or call upon us to help open up a world of possibilities.
Our Villa-Only rental option comes as standard and is ideal for those seeking pure independence whilst travelling.
Every A&K Villa Only rental includes:
- Dedicated Pre-Arrival Concierge service
- Villa rental on an exclusive basis
- Utilities (gas, water, electricity), unless otherwise stated
- Towels, pool towels and bed linen as standard
- 1 cot & highchair (cot linen not provided)
- An A&K Local Representative who is on call 24/7 in case of emergency. Your Local Representative will also meet you once during your stay (on your arrival weekend) to help you to settle in, explain Health & Safety and answer any questions you may have regarding the villa.
(In some cases an A&K Representative is not required as the villa will have its own competent, local manager.)
- A 24 hour A&K Emergency Duty Manager contact service based in the UK
- Comprehensive information book
- VAT and administration charges
- Villa's own services - please check what additional services are provided as standard with a particular property – such as maid service, usage of air-conditioning, central and pool heating, as these can vary from property to property. This information will be available online or via your sales representative.
Should you wish to further enhance your villa experience, our thoughtfully designed A&K Concierge Packages are the perfect solution for those seeking additional support and comfort during your stay. In addition to the amenities offered within the Villa Only rental, a large number of our properties offer the following packages of upgraded services including a knowledgeable local concierge, providing complete piece of mind whilst travelling:
Gold Concierge Package – seamless support throughout your stay...
Includes all of the Villa Only services, as well as:
- A dedicated local A&K Concierge whose knowledge provides you with invaluable assistance and recommendations
Following on from your pre-arrival Concierge team, upon arrival you will be seamlessly handed over to your local A&K Concierge who will have been briefed about all aspects of your holiday.
Your local A&K Concierge will personally welcome you to your villa and can be called upon at any time to assist you in any way throughout your stay. This can include anything from confirming itinerary arrangements; suggesting, making and booking additional services locally as required, such as restaurant reservations, visits and guided tours; trouble shooting; language assistance; providing a check-out service, and much more.
- Introductory morning orientation tour of local area with your A&K Concierge on your arrival weekend - the best way to familiarise yourself with the local area (own transport required if villa is not within walking distance)
- Complimentary pre-arrival grocery shopping service. Simply tell us in advance what groceries you require and your Concierge will pre-stock the villa accordingly (cost of groceries excluded)
Platinum Concierge Package – creating your ultimate stay with complete convenience...
Includes all of the Villa Only services, as well as:
- A continental buffet-style breakfast provided on your first morning, including a selection of breads and fresh pastries, cheese, meats, fruit, yoghurts and fresh fruit juice
- A pre-stocked drinks fridge (typically consisting of four bottles of wine, beer, soft drinks, juices, mineral water)
- Fresh flowers and initial provisions, including jam, sugar, olive oil, tea, coffee, vinegar as well as cleaning provisions
- Starter pack of luxurious toiletries per bathroom
- Daily maid service (Monday to Friday and on Saturdays for multiple week bookings
- Mid-week linen and towel change
- A light, self-served supper on your arrival evening pre-prepared by your Concierge
- Complimentary mid-week grocery shopping service (cost of groceries excluded)
- Complimentary private chef service for a lunch or dinner, once during your stay (pre-booking necessary; cost of groceries excluded)
- Barbecue Facilities
- CD Player
- Central Heating
- Coffee Machine (Espresso)
- Computer for Client's Use
- Dining Area (Outdoor)
- Fans Available
- Internet Access (Wireless Broadband)
- iPod Docking Station (iPod Not included)
- Phone (Free Local Calls)
- TV (Cable/Satellite)
- Washing Machine & Dryer
Book this holiday and collect Avios
Reasons to book your holiday with us
- Over 50 years' experience
- 24/7 support before, during and after your stay
- All of our properties have been hand-picked and visited by a member of the team
- Travel Consultants are based in the UK with local offices to assist with planning every detail of your stay
- Option to upgrade to a Concierge stay to make the most of your visit
- Option to book additional trips and services via our local offices
Your favourites will appear here.