Select a Destination
Maison du Vin
01242 547 705
to speak to a specialist
Saint-Émilion | Bedrooms: 4 | Sleeps: 8
Rates: from £6,264 per week
This holiday villa is a wine lover's paradise, set in grounds overlooking world-famous vineyards and Saint-Émilion village (a UNESCO World Heritage Site). The family villa is a leisurely walk from world-class wine châteaux, restaurants, wine bars and art galleries.
Rebuilt stone by stone, this charming old house is filled with antiques and artwork, and furnished with an uncompromising approach to comfort and luxury. Each of the four bedrooms is individually decorated, air-conditioned and furnished to the highest level, each with en suite bathroom finished with tumbled marble tiles. A professional kitchen, finished with black polished granite, is available for guests' use (private chef available on request), whilst an adjacent dining-room, with large 19th century mahogany dining table, makes an ideal location for a formal gathering or celebration. For those who prefer to relax in more informal surroundings, the family room has twin Roche Bobois leather sofas, a contemporary two-sided fireplace, and Plasma TV and iPod sound system loaded with over 15,000 iTunes. Also available for guests use, office equipment with Wi-Fi internet access and HP Office Jet, All-in-One printer, copier, fax machine.
- Entrance salon
- Powder room (WC with sink)
- Family living room with TV and fireplace, open on garden with outside dining facilities and plunge pool
- Professional kitchen
- Dining room and office area with high-speed WiFi, 4-in-One HP printer, copier, and fax
- Bedroom 1: King-size bed and en suite bathroom with bath and shower
- Bedroom 2: Queen sized bed with en suite shower room (walk-in shower) and lovely views over the garden and pool
- Bedroom 3: King-size bed with en suite bathroom with bath and shower
- Bedroom 4: Queen sized bed with en suite shower room (walk-in shower) overlooking the pool and the garden
- The stairs in the house are not suitable for very small children and therefore they have to be supervised in this area.
- Closest shops/restaurants: St Emilion: Restaurants and small supermarket within walking distance, Supermarket in Libourne10 km; Bordeaux 40km
- Nearest village/town: Libourne
- Other villages/towns close-by: On the outskirts of the village of St Emilion, 40km E of Bordeaux
- Nearest airport: Bordeaux airport 40km
- Relevant distances: Nearest beach - Arcachon 106km; Golf club - Bordeaux 40 km; Nearest Tennis court - Libourne10 km
Please note that the location on this map is an approximate guide, normally to the closest town/village.
|< Previous Month||September 2016||Next Month >|
Our villas are normally rented on a Saturday to Saturday basis throughout the year. However, shorter breaks and alternative arrival days might be available outside the High Season. Please contact your Abercrombie & Kent Villa Consultant for further details.
Please note that the standard check-in time at our properties is between 4-7pm and that we ask guests to vacate the property by 10am on departure day, unless otherwise agreed in advance.
- The above rates are on a per villa, per week basis. For further information on our villa only and A&K hosted services please see our 'Villa Rental Options' page. An A&K Villas Travel Consultant will be happy to discuss your specific holiday needs - simply complete the quick 'Make an Enquiry' form or call us on 0845 618 2205.
- Cost of utilities including water, gas and electricity.
- Maid service for 2 hours on Wednesdays.
- Arrival set of pool towels, household and bed linen (weekly change for rentals longer than 7 nights).
- Final Cleaning.
- Private plunge pool (1.5m x 2.4m) with pool alarm.
- Central Heating.
- Full Air-conditioning.
- Wi-Fi broadband internet in living and dining area.
- Extra maid service available on request at €30/hour (2hrs minimum).
- Telephone payable locally.
- Cook service (local cuisine) / Chef service (professional service) is available for up to eight guests from EUR 30/hour plus the cost of the groceries.
- Waiters (obligatory for more than 8 guests): From EUR 20/hr (subject to availability).
- Transfers from Bordeaux Airport to the Villa (Transfer both ways): Mercedes E class (for two or three passengers) or Mercedes Viano (for seven passengers) available from EUR 207.
(Please note: for services between 7.30pm and 7.00am a supplement of 20% is applied).
- Pre-arrival grocery shopping is available. A service fee of EUR 60 is charged plus the cost of groceries. This service covers up to EUR 200 worth of groceries. This service is included within our A&K Concierge offering.
- We are also able to arrange additional activities to enhance your holiday experience such as guided touring and sightseeing options, tutored wine tasting, tennis or golf courses, bike rental or art classes. Please see the activities tab for further ideas or discuss additional activities with your Travel Consultant.
- Please note that all services confirmed in advance are non-refundable.
- Enjoy your very own private cookery class with your A&K private chef.
- Experience a half day excursion to a highly regarded winery where you will enjoy a private tour of the estate and learn about the wine making process - accompanied by a private tasting and the opportunity to purchase a bottle or two.
- You get offered wine at arrival.
Maison du Vin is included in our Food & Wine Short Breaks collection. Our 'Vines and Wines of Bordeaux' short break combines culture, wine and food and includes a chef for the evening, an educational wine class at the Ecole du Vin, a VIP invitation-only chateau visit, degustation and gastronomic lunch at one of St Emilion’s finest restaurants. Enjoy this package as a short break in Low or Mid Season, add it to a touring vacation of Italy, or extend the short break to a week (including High Season). For more information, download a Gourmet Fact Sheet.
Because everyone’s concept of a villa holiday is different, we have created a formula designed to offer privacy, flexibility and the freedom to run your own holiday or call upon us to help open up a world of possibilities. Our villas are normally rented on a villa-only weekly basis and are ideal for those seeking independence and privacy. We’re on call in case you need us and we provide a change of towels and bed linen during the week, but otherwise there no inclusions.
A&K Concierge upgrade
For additional support, comfort and a slice of pampering why not upgrade to our A&K Concierge service. Included is an airport welcome on arrival with assistance for onward transportation; the services of an A&K Concierge – whose local knowledge provides you with invaluable assistance and recommendations; an orientation of the local area; a fully stocked drinks fridge; maid service; the ingredients for your first evening’s supper and breakfast delivered on the first morning of your stay. For full details of concierge inclusions speak to an A&K Travel Consultant on 0845 618 2205.
The finishing touches
Ever dreamt of driving through the Chianti hills in a red Ferrari, or along the Moyenne Corniche to Monaco in a Bentley? How about sailing along the Cote d'Azur to St Tropez in a private yacht or speed boat? Sometimes the home is all that you need, but if you're lured into culture, excitement, activity, improving your cooking or simply dabbling in landscapes, then speak to one of our Villa Specialists for an insight into what we can arrange. These are what we call our ‘Finishing Touches’.
The list is by no means exhaustive and we always welcome requests, however obscure you may think they are! Our local offices enable us to control the quality of the services on offer and the depth of knowledge our local teams have is impressive. Our aim is to provide guests with the authentic sights, flavours and experiences of the region they are staying in.
If you would prefer to discuss your specific requirements, whether it’s in relation to the property or about your stay in general, please do contact us using the Enquire page or please do give us a call for a chat.
- Air Conditioning
- Barbecue Facilities
- Business Centre
- Central Heating
- Dining Area (Outdoor)
- DVD Player
- Internet Access (Wireless Broadband)
- iPod Docking Station (iPod Not included)
- Library (CD's/DVD's)
- Swimming Pool (Plunge Pool)
- Swimming Pool (with Pool Alarm)
- Washing Machine & Dryer
Book this holiday and collect Avios
Reasons to book your holiday with us
- Over 50 years' experience
- 24/7 support before, during and after your stay
- All of our properties have been hand-picked and visited by a member of the team
- Travel Consultants are based in the UK with local offices to assist with planning every detail of your stay
- Option to upgrade to a Concierge stay to make the most of your visit
- Option to book additional trips and services via our local offices
Your favourites will appear here.