Select a Destination
Villa du Cap
01242 547 705
to speak to a specialist
Lanton | Bedrooms: 8 | Sleeps: 12 + 4
Rates: from £8,678 per week
Built in 1903, this stunning beachfront villa is one of the best examples of Arcachon architecture of that period. Recently renovated with a contemporary feel, this property sits at the water's edge commanding expansive views over the Bassin d'Arcachon. The tidal nature of Bassin d'Arcachon means that the spectacular views framed by the floor to ceiling windows are constantly changing throughout the day.
A short walk from a village with restaurants, commodities and amenities and a five minute drive to the vibrant market town of Andernos with its seafront fishing huts selling fresh fish and oysters, the villa's positioning is unsurpassed and guests are guaranteed a gourmet delight! The villa is tucked away down a secluded driveway on the seashore. A 4,500m² garden surrounds the villa ensuring a completely private residence. The gardens are infused with a touch of Eastern charm with a natural ecological 4x15m lap pool enjoying a sun veranda at one end adorned with bright drapes and cushions. The Asian infusion continues inside with crisp, bright rooms splashed with exotic furnishings and accessories. Expertly designed around optimizing the outdoor views out towards the sea, Villa du Cap is a stunning beachfront property that invites the guest to bask in complete relaxation and tranquillity. Villa du Cap offers 8 en-suite bedrooms, all equipped with flat widescreen TV's, built-in wardrobes, internet access and hairdryer. The large master bedroom called 'L'eau Vive' is located on the first floor and boats magnificent views of Arcachon and Cap Ferret from its huge private terrace. It has a king size bed and a large en-suite bathroom with double shower, water jets and a separate double size jacuzzi. This luxury retreat is a place where prestigious luxury accommodation meets exemplary service in an environment of the reinvigorating atmosphere of marine life and pine forests.
- Entrance with cloakroom and separate WC/powder room
- Large Kitchen with breakfast bar. This gourmet cook kitchen is fully equipped including professional cooking range and icemaker
- Dining Room with open fire and French windows that cascade out onto the terrace with outside dining and sitting area overlooking the garden and the sea beyond
- Light and spacious living room with fireplace and bar open on terrace with sea views
- TV/Conference room with DVD library and Satellite TV
- Library with fireplace and extensive collection of international books and games
- La Veranda Suite:Double/ Twin bedroom with adjustable height bed (electric) and en-suite shower room. Opens onto private terrace. The shower room with large walk-in shower is suitable for disabled guests
- Office area with sea views
- Le Bassin: Double/ Twin bedroom with fireplace and en-suite shower room, opening onto a spacious arched verandah with sea views
- La Foret: Double/ Twin bedroom with en-suite shower room and fireplace
- L'Eau Vive: King size bed, en-suite complete with double shower, water jets and separate double size Jacuzzi. Includes a his/her dressing room and huge terrace overlooking the sea with splendid views and 2nd small terrace with pool views
- Le Confort: Double bed with en-suite shower room (integrated into room)
- La Vue: Very bright double bedroom with 360 degree floor to ceiling windows offering magnificent sea and forest views. Separate bathroom (bath and shower)
Lower Ground Floor
- Le Studio: Double/Twin bed with en-suite shower room, kitchenette and access to garden
- La Chaudiere: Double/Twin bed with shower room
- These two rooms are ideal for a Nanny and Children
- There is a separate staff cottage on the grounds.
14th September 2013
“We have had the most fantastic week with all our children and eight grandchildren. The villa is amazing and the staffs are superb. Would love to come back one day.”
Guest from USA
12th July 2013
“A must see . . . if you only stay in one villa this summer, make it Villa du Cap”
Guest from USA
10th May 2013
“We have traveled the world – And I don’t believe we have ever had a better vacation – the service was Amazing! World Class!”
Guest from UK
1st May 2013
This is an exceptional and a very special place on the edge of Atlantic Ocean bay.What is special about this place? The answer is simple – everything! The location, where ocean waters licking the stairs of the Villa are very warm and friendly. The sand is ideal for building beautiful castles by children and their parents. The air is so stunning so one can materially feel it. We were sleeping for more than 9 hours and could not get up as if we took sleeping drugs. The house has been restored by current owners with a great love and taste. Maintaining the traditional feel with a slight oriental touch in design it has all contemporary features for the comfort living. One can’t forget the warmth of the sun sitting on the dinner table on the open terrace. The garden, where you can not only enjoy the beauty of grass and trees, but can gather fresh vegetables for your lunch. The swimming pool with its gentle natural water has surprised all of us. Its moisturizing effect is easily compared with the best French body cream. Food – this is something what would be difficult to describe as none of the adjectives exist to express it. Maybe just one – simply stunning French cuisine. We had a pleasure of being taking care by three chefs and all of them are just unforgettable. And last but not least the Villa team – very friendly, helpful, ready to assist at all times. Of course the pearl of the team is its manager without whom our stay could not be as memorable as it turned out. This is a place where you want to come again and again! Thank you all!”
Guest from Russia
Bordeaux – 65 km/45 minutes drive
Bordeaux Airport – 44 km/35 minutes drive
Andernos – 5 minutes drive
Arcachon – 40 minutes drive
Cap Ferret – 35 minute drive
Libourne – 85 km
Pessac-Leognan vineyards- 40 minutes drive
St Emilion vineyards – 102 km/1 hour drive
- Please note that the location on this map is an approximate guide, normally to the closest town/village.
|< Previous Month||June 2017||Next Month >|
Our villas are normally rented on a Saturday to Saturday basis throughout the year. However, shorter breaks and alternative arrival days might be available outside the High Season. Please contact your Abercrombie & Kent Villa Consultant for further details.
Please note that the standard check-in time at our properties is between 4-7pm and that we ask guests to vacate the property by 10am on departure day, unless otherwise agreed in advance.
- Above rates include daily butler service. Daily chef service is available on request at extra charge.
- The above rates are on a per villa, per week basis. For further information on our villa only and A&K hosted services please see our 'Villa Rental Options' page. An A&K Villas Travel Consultant will be happy to discuss your specific holiday needs – simply complete the quick ‘Make an Enquiry’ form or call us on 0845 618 2205.
- Cost of utilities including water, gas and electricity.
- Welcome drink and cheese / Local specialities.
- Daily Maid service (6hrs/day).
- Weekly change of bed sheets.
- Final Cleaning.
- Central Heating.
- Air-conditioning in 5 bedrooms/ Fans in remaining bedrooms.
- Wi-Fi Broadband internet.
- Daily French breakfast.
- Butler or Waiter (35hrs/week) in High season only.
- Private 15x4m natural ecological swimming pool with alarm system.
- Included in the price is a property manager who can assist with booking activities and tours for you and your guests.
- Extra Maid service available at EUR 29/hour.
- Daily towel cleaning on request.
- Telephone as per consumption (paid locally).
- Half day orientation tour / sightseeing with the villa concierge (4hrs) from EUR 250.
- Chef service (professional service) is available for up to eight guests from EUR 350 for lunch or dinner plus the cost of the groceries.
- Waiters (obligatory for more than 8 guests): From EUR 20/hr (subject to availability).
- Transfers from Bordeaux Airport to the Villa (Transfer both ways): Mercedes E class (for two or three passengers) or Mercedes Viano (for seven passengers) available from EUR 207.
(Please note: for services between 7.30pm and 7.00am a supplement of 20% is applied).
- Pre-arrival grocery shopping is available. A service fee of EUR 60 is charged plus the cost of groceries. This service covers up to EUR 200 worth of groceries. This service is included within our A&K Concierge offering.
- We are also able to arrange additional activities to enhance your holiday experience such as guided touring and sightseeing options, tutored wine tasting, tennis or golf courses, bike rental or art classes. Please see the activities tab for further ideas or discuss additional activities with your Travel Consultant.
- Please note that all services confirmed in advance are non-refundable.
Your Villa Rental
Because everyone's concept of a villa holiday is different, we have created a formula to offer flexibility and the freedom to design run your own holiday or call upon us to help open up a world of possibilities.
Our Villa-Only rental option comes as standard and is ideal for those seeking pure independence whilst travelling.
Every A&K Villa Only rental includes:
- Dedicated Pre-Arrival Concierge service
- Villa rental on an exclusive basis
- Utilities (gas, water, electricity), unless otherwise stated
- Towels, pool towels and bed linen as standard
- 1 cot & highchair (cot linen not provided)
- An A&K Local Representative who is on call 24/7 in case of emergency. Your Local Representative will also meet you once during your stay (on your arrival weekend) to help you to settle in, explain Health & Safety and answer any questions you may have regarding the villa.
(In some cases an A&K Representative is not required as the villa will have its own competent, local manager.)
- A 24 hour A&K Emergency Duty Manager contact service based in the UK
- Comprehensive information book
- VAT and administration charges
- Villa's own services - please check what additional services are provided as standard with a particular property – such as maid service, usage of air-conditioning, central and pool heating, as these can vary from property to property. This information will be available online or via your sales representative.
Should you wish to further enhance your villa experience, our thoughtfully designed A&K Concierge Packages are the perfect solution for those seeking additional support and comfort during your stay. In addition to the amenities offered within the Villa Only rental, a large number of our properties offer the following packages of upgraded services including a knowledgeable local concierge, providing complete piece of mind whilst travelling:
Gold Concierge Package – seamless support throughout your stay...
Includes all of the Villa Only services, as well as:
- A dedicated local A&K Concierge whose knowledge provides you with invaluable assistance and recommendations
Following on from your pre-arrival Concierge team, upon arrival you will be seamlessly handed over to your local A&K Concierge who will have been briefed about all aspects of your holiday.
Your local A&K Concierge will personally welcome you to your villa and can be called upon at any time to assist you in any way throughout your stay. This can include anything from confirming itinerary arrangements; suggesting, making and booking additional services locally as required, such as restaurant reservations, visits and guided tours; trouble shooting; language assistance; providing a check-out service, and much more.
- Introductory morning orientation tour of local area with your A&K Concierge on your arrival weekend - the best way to familiarise yourself with the local area (own transport required if villa is not within walking distance)
- Complimentary pre-arrival grocery shopping service. Simply tell us in advance what groceries you require and your Concierge will pre-stock the villa accordingly (cost of groceries excluded)
Platinum Concierge Package – creating your ultimate stay with complete convenience...
Includes all of the Villa Only services, as well as:
- A continental buffet-style breakfast provided on your first morning, including a selection of breads and fresh pastries, cheese, meats, fruit, yoghurts and fresh fruit juice
- A pre-stocked drinks fridge (typically consisting of four bottles of wine, beer, soft drinks, juices, mineral water)
- Fresh flowers and initial provisions, including jam, sugar, olive oil, tea, coffee, vinegar as well as cleaning provisions
- Starter pack of luxurious toiletries per bathroom
- Daily maid service (Monday to Friday and on Saturdays for multiple week bookings
- Mid-week linen and towel change
- A light, self-served supper on your arrival evening pre-prepared by your Concierge
- Complimentary mid-week grocery shopping service (cost of groceries excluded)
- Complimentary private chef service for a lunch or dinner, once during your stay (pre-booking necessary; cost of groceries excluded)
- Air Conditioning (Partial)
- Barbecue Facilities
- CD Player
- Central Heating
- Children's Play Area
- DVD Player
- Internet Access (Wireless Broadband)
- iPod Docking Station (iPod Not included)
- Jacuzzi (Private)
- Library (CD's/DVD's)
- Recreation (Petanque/Boccia/Boules)
- Swimming Pool (with Pool Alarm)
- Table Tennis
- TV (Cable/Satellite)
Reasons to book your holiday with us
- Over 50 years' experience
- 24/7 support before, during and after your stay
- All of our properties have been hand-picked and visited by a member of the team
- Travel Consultants are based in the UK with local offices to assist with planning every detail of your stay
- Option to upgrade to a Concierge stay to make the most of your visit
- Option to book additional trips and services via our local offices
Your favourites will appear here.