Select a Destination
Villa du Cap
01242 547 705
to speak to a specialist
Lanton | Bedrooms: 8 | Sleeps: 12 + 4
Rates: from £8,411 per week
Built in 1903, this stunning beachfront villa is one of the best examples of Arcachon architecture of that period. Recently renovated with a contemporary feel, this property sits at the water's edge commanding expansive views over the Bassin d'Arcachon. The tidal nature of Bassin d'Arcachon means that the spectacular views framed by the floor to ceiling windows are constantly changing throughout the day.
A short walk from a village with restaurants, commodities and amenities and a five minute drive to the vibrant market town of Andernos with its seafront fishing huts selling fresh fish and oysters, the villa's positioning is unsurpassed and guests are guaranteed a gourmet delight! The villa is tucked away down a secluded driveway on the seashore. A 4,500m² garden surrounds the villa ensuring a completely private residence. The gardens are infused with a touch of Eastern charm with a natural ecological 4x15m lap pool enjoying a sun veranda at one end adorned with bright drapes and cushions. The Asian infusion continues inside with crisp, bright rooms splashed with exotic furnishings and accessories. Expertly designed around optimizing the outdoor views out towards the sea, Villa du Cap is a stunning beachfront property that invites the guest to bask in complete relaxation and tranquillity. Villa du Cap offers 8 en-suite bedrooms, all equipped with flat widescreen TV's, built-in wardrobes, internet access and hairdryer. The large master bedroom called 'L'eau Vive' is located on the first floor and boats magnificent views of Arcachon and Cap Ferret from its huge private terrace. It has a king size bed and a large en-suite bathroom with double shower, water jets and a separate double size jacuzzi. This luxury retreat is a place where prestigious luxury accommodation meets exemplary service in an environment of the reinvigorating atmosphere of marine life and pine forests.
- Entrance with cloakroom and separate WC/powder room
- Large Kitchen with breakfast bar. This gourmet cook kitchen is fully equipped including professional cooking range and icemaker
- Dining Room with open fire and French windows that cascade out onto the terrace with outside dining and sitting area overlooking the garden and the sea beyond
- Light and spacious living room with fireplace and bar open on terrace with sea views
- TV/Conference room with DVD library and Satellite TV
- Library with fireplace and extensive collection of international books and games
La Veranda Suite:Double/ Twin bedroom with adjustable height bed (electric) and en-suite shower room. Opens onto private terrace. The shower room with large walk-in shower is suitable for disabled guests
- Office area with sea views
Le Bassin: Double/ Twin bedroom with fireplace and en-suite shower room, opening onto a spacious arched verandah with sea views
La Foret: Double/ Twin bedroom with en-suite shower room and fireplace
L'Eau Vive: King size bed, en-suite complete with double shower, water jets and separate double size Jacuzzi. Includes a his/her dressing room and huge terrace overlooking the sea with splendid views and 2nd small terrace with pool views
Le Confort: Double bed with en-suite shower room (integrated into room)
La Vue: Very bright double bedroom with 360 degree floor to ceiling windows offering magnificent sea and forest views. Separate bathroom (bath and shower)
Lower Ground Floor
Le Studio: Double/Twin bed with en-suite shower room, kitchenette and access to garden
La Chaudiere: Double/Twin bed with shower room
- These two rooms are ideal for a Nanny and Children
- There is a separate staff cottage on the grounds.
14th September 2013
“We have had the most fantastic week with all our children and eight grandchildren. The villa is amazing and the staffs are superb. Would love to come back one day.”
Guest from USA
12th July 2013
“A must see . . . if you only stay in one villa this summer, make it Villa du Cap”
Guest from USA
10th May 2013
“We have traveled the world – And I don’t believe we have ever had a better vacation – the service was Amazing! World Class!”
Guest from UK
1st May 2013
This is an exceptional and a very special place on the edge of Atlantic Ocean bay.What is special about this place? The answer is simple – everything! The location, where ocean waters licking the stairs of the Villa are very warm and friendly. The sand is ideal for building beautiful castles by children and their parents. The air is so stunning so one can materially feel it. We were sleeping for more than 9 hours and could not get up as if we took sleeping drugs. The house has been restored by current owners with a great love and taste. Maintaining the traditional feel with a slight oriental touch in design it has all contemporary features for the comfort living. One can’t forget the warmth of the sun sitting on the dinner table on the open terrace. The garden, where you can not only enjoy the beauty of grass and trees, but can gather fresh vegetables for your lunch. The swimming pool with its gentle natural water has surprised all of us. Its moisturizing effect is easily compared with the best French body cream. Food – this is something what would be difficult to describe as none of the adjectives exist to express it. Maybe just one – simply stunning French cuisine. We had a pleasure of being taking care by three chefs and all of them are just unforgettable. And last but not least the Villa team – very friendly, helpful, ready to assist at all times. Of course the pearl of the team is its manager without whom our stay could not be as memorable as it turned out. This is a place where you want to come again and again! Thank you all!”
Guest from Russia
Bordeaux – 65 km/45 minutes drive
Bordeaux Airport – 44 km/35 minutes drive
Andernos – 5 minutes drive
Arcachon – 40 minutes drive
Cap Ferret – 35 minute drive
Libourne – 85 km
Pessac-Leognan vineyards- 40 minutes drive
St Emilion vineyards – 102 km/1 hour drive
- Please note that the location on this map is an approximate guide, normally to the closest town/village.
|< Previous Month||October 2016||Next Month >|
Our villas are normally rented on a Saturday to Saturday basis throughout the year. However, shorter breaks and alternative arrival days might be available outside the High Season. Please contact your Abercrombie & Kent Villa Consultant for further details.
Please note that the standard check-in time at our properties is between 4-7pm and that we ask guests to vacate the property by 10am on departure day, unless otherwise agreed in advance.
- Above rates include daily butler service. Daily chef service is available on request at extra charge.
- The above rates are on a per villa, per week basis. For further information on our villa only and A&K hosted services please see our 'Villa Rental Options' page. An A&K Villas Travel Consultant will be happy to discuss your specific holiday needs – simply complete the quick ‘Make an Enquiry’ form or call us on 0845 618 2205.
- Cost of utilities including water, gas and electricity.
- Welcome drink and cheese / Local specialities.
- Daily Maid service (6hrs/day).
- Weekly change of bed sheets.
- Final Cleaning.
- Central Heating.
- Air-conditioning in 5 bedrooms/ Fans in remaining bedrooms.
- Wi-Fi Broadband internet.
- Daily French breakfast.
- Butler or Waiter (35hrs/week) in High season only.
- Private 15x4m natural ecological swimming pool with alarm system.
- Included in the price is a property manager who can assist with booking activities and tours for you and your guests.
- Extra Maid service available at €29/hour.
- Daily towel cleaning on request.
- Telephone as per consumption (paid locally).
- Half day orientation tour / sightseeing with the villa concierge (4hrs) from EUR 250.
- Chef service (professional service) is available for up to eight guests from EUR 350 for lunch or dinner plus the cost of the groceries.
- Waiters (obligatory for more than 8 guests): From EUR 20/hr (subject to availability).
- Transfers from Bordeaux Airport to the Villa (Transfer both ways): Mercedes E class (for two or three passengers) or Mercedes Viano (for seven passengers) available from EUR 207.
(Please note: for services between 7.30pm and 7.00am a supplement of 20% is applied).
- Pre-arrival grocery shopping is available. A service fee of EUR 60 is charged plus the cost of groceries. This service covers up to EUR 200 worth of groceries. This service is included within our A&K Concierge offering.
- We are also able to arrange additional activities to enhance your holiday experience such as guided touring and sightseeing options, tutored wine tasting, tennis or golf courses, bike rental or art classes. Please see the activities tab for further ideas or discuss additional activities with your Travel Consultant.
- Please note that all services confirmed in advance are non-refundable.
Because everyone’s concept of a villa holiday is different, we have created a formula designed to offer privacy, flexibility and the freedom to run your own holiday or call upon us to help open up a world of possibilities. Our villas are normally rented on a villa-only weekly basis and are ideal for those seeking independence and privacy. We’re on call in case you need us and we provide a change of towels and bed linen during the week, but otherwise there no inclusions.
A&K Concierge upgrade
For additional support, comfort and a slice of pampering why not upgrade to our A&K Concierge service. Included is an airport welcome on arrival with assistance for onward transportation; the services of an A&K Concierge – whose local knowledge provides you with invaluable assistance and recommendations; an orientation of the local area; a fully stocked drinks fridge; maid service; the ingredients for your first evening’s supper and breakfast delivered on the first morning of your stay. For full details of concierge inclusions speak to an A&K Travel Consultant on 0845 618 2205.
The finishing touches
Ever dreamt of driving through the Chianti hills in a red Ferrari, or along the Moyenne Corniche to Monaco in a Bentley? How about sailing along the Cote d'Azur to St Tropez in a private yacht or speed boat? Sometimes the home is all that you need, but if you're lured into culture, excitement, activity, improving your cooking or simply dabbling in landscapes, then speak to one of our Villa Specialists for an insight into what we can arrange. These are what we call our ‘Finishing Touches’.
The list is by no means exhaustive and we always welcome requests, however obscure you may think they are! Our local offices enable us to control the quality of the services on offer and the depth of knowledge our local teams have is impressive. Our aim is to provide guests with the authentic sights, flavours and experiences of the region they are staying in.
If you would prefer to discuss your specific requirements, whether it’s in relation to the property or about your stay in general, please do contact us using the Enquire page or please do give us a call for a chat.
- Air Conditioning (Partial)
- Barbecue Facilities
- CD Player
- Central Heating
- Children's Play Area
- DVD Player
- Internet Access (Wireless Broadband)
- iPod Docking Station (iPod Not included)
- Jacuzzi (Private)
- Library (CD's/DVD's)
- Recreation (Petanque/Boccia/Boules)
- Swimming Pool (with Pool Alarm)
- Table Tennis
- TV (Cable/Satellite)
Book this holiday and collect Avios
Reasons to book your holiday with us
- Over 50 years' experience
- 24/7 support before, during and after your stay
- All of our properties have been hand-picked and visited by a member of the team
- Travel Consultants are based in the UK with local offices to assist with planning every detail of your stay
- Option to upgrade to a Concierge stay to make the most of your visit
- Option to book additional trips and services via our local offices
Your favourites will appear here.