Luxury Villas in Côte D`Azur & French Riviera
The Côte d’Azur basks luxuriously along the sunny southern extremes of France, sheltered by the magnificent Alpes Maritimes. There is something for everyone along this eclectic shoreline, from the Principality of Monaco, to the idyllic sun-laden Ste Maxime and St Tropez, with its subtropical capes and pretty port.
See our full range of luxury Côte D`Azur & French Riviera villas
Showing 1 - 10 of 36 Results
Offering a beach house feel with stunning sea views and proximity to the sands, guests will have everything they need for a great family retreat right on their doorstep. Superb tennis courts are just a short walk away and the glitz of St Tropez only a short drive away. A true gem and a rare find in Ramatuelle, just a couple of minutes walk from the beach is this modern 2 storey beach house filled with an eclectic mix of modern and traditional furnishings and a superb display of modern artwork. With its stylish interiors and stunning views, the house can be found among the 40 coolest villas in the Mediterranean (rated by The Times magazine in February 2012).
Rates: from £5,125 per week
Blessed with superior amenities and easy access to the wonderful amenities in St Tropez, Villa Samaya is perfectly set in a quiet residential area for a memorable experience.
The villa's grounds are set over a total area of 1500m2, boasting modern design flawlessly combined with a classy Asiatic finish. The villa has been specifically designed to be a welcoming home for families, providing plentiful open spaces and, at the same time a stylish elegant level of comfort.
Rates: from £6,926 per week
An imposing stone-built bastide situated in a picturesque area between the pretty hilltop village of Mougins and the old town of Grasse. Set in a beautifully maintained garden, dotted with mature olive, cypress and citrus trees, the house enjoys stunning views across the valley and is a stone's throw from the attractions of the Côte d'Azur.
Rates: from £6,371 per week
La Tortue is a true Provencal gem, which nestles on a peaceful wooded hillside with views across the valley to one of the regions most celebrated villages, La Garde Freinet, which is just 800m away (about a 20 minute walk). This delightful old French Mas is just a short drive from the beaches of St Maxime and St Tropez, and has been renovated to provide stylish, welcoming accommodation in a tranquil location away from the hustle and bustle of the coast.
Rates: from £2,460 per week
Those seeking a genuine 'pieds dans l'eau' experience in one of our very best properties will find it in the stylish interiors, majestic views and unique architecture of Villa Neptune, situated along the stylish Riviera. Villa Neptune has been ingeniously designed right on the water's edge at Miramar, stepping down on three levels to a jetty. The tastefully refurbished interiors are complemented by the outstanding Jacuzzi spa bath, situated on the terrace directly overlooking the rocks and the sea below, ensuring a wonderful holiday villa experience.
Rates: from £4,880 per week
LAST MINUTE AVAILABILITY: 13th - 30th August. Enter the exceptional luxury of this truly outstanding property in the most original way possible - through a private elevator. As it takes you down to a hidden path between the rocks, you will enter the rooftop area with an amazing infinity pool that boasts stunning views over Cap Ferrat and the Bay of Villefranche. From this position, perched on the cliffs above the spectacular scenery, all the excitements of the Cote d'Azur are within reach. Discover the Old Town of Nice, enjoy the glamour of Monaco and taste the savours of Italy.
Rates: from £8,034 per week
La Cachette is a beautiful stone-built villa, nestled securely in in 5500 sq meters of enclosed garden and wood-lands accessed via electric gates. The villa is conveniently situated just outside the walled hill-top village of St. Paul de Vence, one of the world's most beautiful medieval villages and is in a unique position bordered by protected forest lands and offering rare peace and privacy in the heart of Cote d'Azur.
Rates: from £4,100 per week
At the entrance to the prestigious Cap Ferrat, a truly magnificent property is awaiting all those who wish to spend a holiday where the rich and famous have resided for decades. Villa Soraya captures this glamour of past and present times in a contemporary design with all amenities of modern life. Whether one seeks the excitement or retreat, both can be found in this villa, where the luxury of the Cote d'Azur is ever present.
Rates: from £43,512 per week
Located in a residential area just a short drive from the beaches and glamour of the Cote d'Azur, this 5 bedroom contemporary property has been finished to the highest standards. Overlooking the golf course and only a short distance from a selection of bars, restaurants and cafes, this property makes for the ideal location for those in search of the perfect life on the French Riviera.
Rates: from £4,156 per week
Upon entering this rural retreat down the driveway lined with olive trees, you will immediately be struck by the picture perfect setting of this luxury Provençale home. With stunning views of the Esterel and expansive countryside, you can be sure that you will enjoy a peaceful and relaxing holiday at Mas de la Tour.
Rates: from £5,818 per week
Blessed with an almost tropical climate, the Côte d’Azur is an area synonymous with high flyers, high fashion, glamorous marinas and exotic boutiques. Whether looking for a glamorous holiday rental in a sought after resort or a luxurious retreat located close to a traditional village, the Côte d’Azur is the perfect option. A superb climate ensures you’ll be dining al-fresco and relaxing by the pool throughout your luxury villa vacation.
The cosmopolitan metropolis of Cannes attracts many visitors for many reasons, including its turquoise shoreline, beautiful gardens interspersing the city, its chic and stylish shops, the warmth of its welcome and its Provençal roots, all of which make Cannes a favoured villa vacation destination and central point of the French Riviera. Continuing east the sandy and picturesque beaches of Juan-les-Pins and Antibes await, before you reach the diverse and culturally rich city of Nice. The Côte d’Azur has a long relationship with artists such as Renoir, Picasso and Matisse; the museums of Nice offer a formidable collection of such works, along with more contemporary pieces.
East of Nice lies the ‘Golden Triangle’ between Nice and Monaco, towns and villages such as Eze Bord-de-Mer, Villefranche and St Jean Cap Ferrat are areas of extreme beauty, where mountains strut into the sea and the landscape is at its most breathtaking. Along this coastline lie revered restaurants, idyllic, sheltered coves and picturesque ports.
At the furthest eastern point of the Riviera, the Principality of Monaco and Monte Carlo awaits the jet-set! The harbour is aligned with super yachts and this region has an almost magnetic attraction for the rich, famous and fashionable that gravitate here to enjoy the cosmopolitan lifestyle and exotic climes. The Palais du Prince is a must-see, located high above the Port, it allows for truly awe-inspiring panoramic views. There is no better place for an aperitif whilst in Monaco than at the Café de Paris in Casino square, perfectly manicured gardens and central location make it the perfect place to people watch!
- MIDEM Music Industry Forum (Cannes)
- Cannes Shopping Festival
- Circus Festival (Monaco)
- International Games Festival (Cannes)
- Carnival (Nice)
- Lemon Festival (Menton)
- Violet Festival (Tourrettes-sur-Loup)
- Foire International de Nice (Fair for Consumer Goods)
- Monte Carlo Tennis Masters Series (Monaco & Roquebrune-Cap-Martin)
- Olympic Sailing Weeks (Hyères)
- Top Marques (World`s Most Prestigious Car Exhibition - Monaco)
- MIPIM Real Estate Summit (Cannes)
- International Film Festival (Cannes)
- Formula 1 Grand Prix (Monaco)
- Rose Festival (Grasse)
- Fête de la Transhumance (Festival of Arts - St Rémy-de-Provence)
- International Advertising Festival (Cannes)
- Festival de Marseille
- Festival de Musique Scrée (Nice)
- Chorégies d'Orange (Opera and Classical Music Festival - Orange)
- Nice Jazz Festival
- Jazz Festival (Juan-les-Pins)
- Ramatuelle Music Festival
- Aix Festival (Music Festival)
- Avigon Festival (Live Performing Arts Festival)
- Nikaia (Nice)
- Joutes Provencales (Waterborne Jousting - St Mandrier-sur-Mer)
- International Piano Festival (Roque d'Anthéron)
- International Television Festival (Monaco)
- Jasmine Festival (traditional festival for the beginning of the jasmine harvest - Grasse)
- Festival de la Moutte (Classical music)
- Fete de la Véraison (Medieval Festival - Chateauneuf-du-Pape)
- European Football Super Cup (Monaco)
- Feria du Riz (Rice Harvest Festival - Arles)
- Yacht Show (Monaco)
- Musique en Pays de Fayence (Country Music Festival - Fayence)
- Marathon des Gorges du Verdon (Verdon)
- Festival de Danse (Cannes)
- International Luxury Travel Market (Cannes)
- International Christmas STAR Regatta (Nice)
Suggested General Activities
- Monaco/Eze - take a guided sightseeing trip to Monaco or Eze
- Market trip - enjoy a market in a town close to your villa and buy finest meats, olive, oils, wines and cheese of the region
- Private Art Class - try your hand at landscape painting as a professional artist teaches you the fundamentals in your own villa for a half or full day
- Luxury yacht - charter a luxury yacht, powerful speedboat or traditional sail boat and truly immerse within the culture of this cosmopolitan and chic region. Arriving by boat at Club 55 (St Tropez) and other beach restaurants is extra fun!
- F1 Experience - get privately chauffeured to the region of the Var; home to an FIA approved circuit. Tour through the garages, observe mechanics at work, before heading out to the track with expert drivers to study its corners and cambers and pick up top tips
- Explore the beautiful medieval villages of Ramatuelle, Gassin and Grimaud and the 'arriere pays' in the Provencal hills
Suggested Sporting Activities
- Cycling - France provides wide, empty roads and flat or rolling countryside suitable for biking
- Boules - this typical French game can be played nearly everywhere; many towns provide dirt, gravel, hard-packed sand squares as playing surface for boules. The famous squares in St Paul de Vence and St Tropez are particularly enjoyable places to enjoy a game of boules
- Hiking - plenty of hiking paths are found throughout southern France, notably the Var region, including the Chemin des Douaniers around the St Tropez peninsula
- Windsurfing - five excellent windsurfing schools with rental facilities for equipment can be found (St Tropez/Pampelonne or Theoule-sur-Mer)
- Waterskiing - try waterskiing at a water sports school in St Tropez (Pampelonne Beach) or Theoule-sur-Mer
- Swimming - take a swim in the sea and discover one of many beaches around St Tropez, Nice or Cannes
- Golf - approximately 20 golf courses can be found in this region. The temperate climate means golf can be played all year round, perfect for an off-season break. Beauvallon, an 18 hole course, has stunning sea views
- Scuba Diving - there are diving centres at St Tropez, Ramatuelle and Theoule-sur-Mer
- Tennis - Tennis courts are reasonably numerous throughout the region, including those at St Tropez, l'Escalet and Theoule-sur-Mer
- Sailing & Kayaking - boats may be rented from various points along the Cote d'Azur, including l'Escalet, Ramatuelle
Selection of local attractions
- Nice, Cours Saleya Market - Tuesday to Sunday mornings
- Nice, Fine Arts Museum - Open all year round
- Nice, Musee d’Art Moderne et d’Art Contemporain - Open all year round
- Nice, Palais de la Mediterranee
- Nice, Old Town of Nice (Vieille Ville)
- St Tropez, The Musée de l'Annonciade (Annunciation Museum) - the museum displays a number of Impressionist paintings - closed in November
- St Tropez, The Musée de la Citadelle
- St Tropez, The house of Butterflies - Open from April to October
- St Tropez, Fish Market - Open every morning
- St Tropez, La Cave de Saint-Tropez (Wine Domain) - Open all year round
- Monaco, Oceanographic Museum and Aquarium - Open all year round
- Monaco, Exotic Garden - Open all year round
- Monaco, Wax Museum of the Princes of Monaco - Open all year round
- Monaco, Prince’s Palace (State Apartments) - Open from June to October
- Grasse, International Museum of Perfume - Open all year round
- Grasse, Musée d'Art et d'Histoire de Provence - Open all year round
- Grasse, Church of Placassier
- Visit the unspoilt islands of Port Cros and Porquerolles, where there are great nature reserves, super seaside restaurants and good snorkelling
GMT +1 hour
The official currency is the Euro (€). Coins are available in 1 cent, 2 cent, 5 cent, 10 cent, 20 cent, 50, cent , €1 & €2 denominations. Notes are available in €5, €10, €20, €50, €100, €200, €500 denominations.
Travellers cheques are widely accepted for exchange or purchase in major cities, but in more rural areas, visit a bank to exchange them for Euros. Major credit cards are widely accepted here (though a limited number of merchants have American Express accounts) and ATM access is widespread. Exchange currency only at authorized outlets such as banks and hotels, and exchange only what you think you will spend in-country. Coins cannot be reconverted on departure. Save all receipts from any currency exchange transaction. You may be asked to produce them when you exit the country, and they are required if you intend to reconvert local currency.
Tips in restaurants are usually added on at 10/15 % of the bill. However, it is often a subject of controversy whether this amount actually goes to the waiter or not, therefore it is your choice whether to tip more.
Arrival & Departure Formalities
Travel documents are your responsibility. In general you should have:
- A signed, valid passport that will remain valid for at least 6 months beyond the completion of your trip. Your passport must have enough blank pages (excluding amendment pages) available for entry and exit stamps issued when entering and exiting immigration points.
- Visas are required for certain nationalities and you are strongly advised to check your status allowing plenty of time for visa application.
Due to its favourable climate and geography Côte d'Azur has an average of 300 sunny days, an average temperature of 16°C and short but periodical rain-showers. During summer it can be very hot with average temperature of 27ºC and about 11 hours of sun a day. The average water temperature in the summer months is about 20ºC. In autumn and spring you can rely on warm weather as well. With around 8 hours of sun per day, these seasons are quite mild as well. By the Mediterranean climate the winters are pleasant.
It is advisable to contact your doctor before you travel if you have any specific health concerns and take out appropriate travel and medical insurance.
Electrical service in France is supplied at 220-240 volts/50 hertz.
- Traffic from the RIGHT has right of way, except at roundabouts or if the road has a white line across it.
- Passport or national ID as well as driver's license/insurance papers/ownership papers must be carried all the time.
- National speed limit is 50kmh (31mph) in towns, 90kmh (56mph) on secondary non-urban highways, 110kmh (68mph) on dual carriageways, 130kmh (80mph) on motorways (auto route).
- Speeding fines: 30 – 300 Euros.
- Minimum driving age is 18.
- For use of the highways (auto route) it is invariably necessary to pay a toll before access. Payment can be made by coins or by credit card.
- There are strict laws concerning drinking and driving. Blood alcohol levels must not exceed 0.05%. There are random breathalyser tests carried out regularly by the police.
- An international driving licence is not required for European citizens. Your locally issued driving licence, as long as it is accompanied by the passport, will suffice.