Mas des Iles d'Or
A smart, well-equipped coastal villa with beachfront access and wonderful sea views taking in the enchanting Porquerolles Island. The contemporary French villa is well-equipped and beautifully furnished.
Mas des Iles d'Or is a smart, modern villa set in a tranquil location amid vineyards with direct access to several sandy beaches and the beautiful coastal walk. The interior is set over two floors, the ground floor comprising a country kitchen, fully fitted and well-equipped to cater for any party size and a spacious living area, comfortably furnished and cool. From here sliding French doors open onto the grand terrace from where splendid 180 degree views stretch over the whole of the Bay of Hyères, taking in the celebrated "golden islands" (''les Iles d'Or'') with the wildlife sanctuary on the Port Cros and the Porquerolles Island, which can be accessed by both regular boat service and private tours. Three double bedrooms are located on this floor, both with private en-suite facilities, as is a small office area. The lower ground floor has a further three double bedrooms, all en-suite, each of which are comfortably furnished to a high level.
- Kitchen: Well-equipped country style kitchen with breakfast table seating 6, sea and garden views and access to the terrace with al fresco dining area.
- Living/Dining room: Comfortable lounge with fireplace, sofas, TV, music system and book selection.
- Extensive teak terraces adjoining living/dining and kitchen with expansive sea views.
- Office area
- Bedroom 1: Queen size bed (160cm). En-suite bathroom with bath and shower over. A/C. Access to terrace.
- Bedroom 2: Queen size bed (160cm). En-suite bathroom with bath and shower over. A/C.
Lower Ground Floor
- Bedroom 3: Queen size bed (160cm). En-suite bathroom with bath & shower. A/C. Access to terrace.
- Bedroom 4: King size bed (180cm). En-suite bathroom with bath and shower over. Access to terrace.
- Bedroom 5: Queen size bed (160cm). En-suite shower room. Access to terrace. A/C.
- Bedroom 6: Queen size bed (160cm). Open plan shower inside bedroom. Separate toilet. Access to terrace.
- Summer Lounge: Large summer living area with doors opening to pool terrace. Sitting area with TV, dining table, kitchen area for pool side refreshments and A/C.
There are unprotected drops and a fountain in front of the villa. Young children need to be supervised.
- Air Conditioning
- Barbecue Facilities
- CD Player
- Central Heating
- DVD Player
- Fans Available
- Gym Equipment
- Hair Dryer
- Internet Access (Wireless Broadband)
- Iron & Ironing Board
- Ironing Board
- Mosquito Nets/Fly screens
- Outdoor dining area
- Printer available
- Swimming Pool
- Swimming Pool (Heating Available)
- Swimming Pool (with cover)
- TV (Satellite TV with English Channels)
- Washing Machine & Dryer
Suggested General Activities
- Monaco/Eze - take a guided sightseeing trip to Monaco or Eze
- Market trip - enjoy a market in a town close to your villa and buy finest meats, olive, oils, wines and cheese of the region
- Private Art Class - try your hand at landscape painting as a professional artist teaches you the fundamentals in your own villa for a half or full day
- Luxury yacht - charter a luxury yacht, powerful speedboat or traditional sail boat and truly immerse within the culture of this cosmopolitan and chic region. Arriving by boat at Club 55 (St Tropez) and other beach restaurants is extra fun!
- F1 Experience - get privately chauffeured to the region of the Var; home to an FIA approved circuit. Tour through the garages, observe mechanics at work, before heading out to the track with expert drivers to study its corners and cambers and pick up top tips
- Explore the beautiful medieval villages of Ramatuelle, Gassin and Grimaud and the 'arriere pays' in the Provencal hills
Suggested Sporting Activities
- Cycling - France provides wide, empty roads and flat or rolling countryside suitable for biking
- Boules - this typical French game can be played nearly everywhere; many towns provide dirt, gravel, hard-packed sand squares as playing surface for boules. The famous squares in St Paul de Vence and St Tropez are particularly enjoyable places to enjoy a game of boules
- Hiking - plenty of hiking paths are found throughout southern France, notably the Var region, including the Chemin des Douaniers around the St Tropez peninsula
- Windsurfing - five excellent windsurfing schools with rental facilities for equipment can be found (St Tropez/Pampelonne or Theoule-sur-Mer)
- Waterskiing - try waterskiing at a water sports school in St Tropez (Pampelonne Beach) or Theoule-sur-Mer
- Swimming - take a swim in the sea and discover one of many beaches around St Tropez, Nice or Cannes
- Golf - approximately 20 golf courses can be found in this region. The temperate climate means golf can be played all year round, perfect for an off-season break. Beauvallon, an 18 hole course, has stunning sea views
- Scuba Diving - there are diving centres at St Tropez, Ramatuelle and Theoule-sur-Mer
- Tennis - Tennis courts are reasonably numerous throughout the region, including those at St Tropez, l'Escalet and Theoule-sur-Mer
- Sailing & Kayaking - boats may be rented from various points along the Cote d'Azur, including l'Escalet, Ramatuelle
Selection of local attractions
- Nice, Cours Saleya Market - Tuesday to Sunday mornings
- Nice, Fine Arts Museum - Open all year round
- Nice, Musee d’Art Moderne et d’Art Contemporain - Open all year round
- Nice, Palais de la Mediterranee
- Nice, Old Town of Nice (Vieille Ville)
- St Tropez, The Musée de l'Annonciade (Annunciation Museum) - the museum displays a number of Impressionist paintings - closed in November
- St Tropez, The Musée de la Citadelle
- St Tropez, The house of Butterflies - Open from April to October
- St Tropez, Fish Market - Open every morning
- St Tropez, La Cave de Saint-Tropez (Wine Domain) - Open all year round
- Monaco, Oceanographic Museum and Aquarium - Open all year round
- Monaco, Exotic Garden - Open all year round
- Monaco, Wax Museum of the Princes of Monaco - Open all year round
- Monaco, Prince’s Palace (State Apartments) - Open from June to October
- Grasse, International Museum of Perfume - Open all year round
- Grasse, Musée d'Art et d'Histoire de Provence - Open all year round
- Grasse, Church of Placassier
- Visit the unspoilt islands of Port Cros and Porquerolles, where there are great nature reserves, super seaside restaurants and good snorkelling
|< Previous Month||November 2014||Next Month >|
Our villas are normally rented on a Saturday to Saturday basis throughout the year. However, shorter breaks and alternative arrival days might be available outside the High Season. Please contact your Abercrombie & Kent Villa Consultant for further details.
Please note that the standard check-in time at our properties is between 4-7pm and that we ask guests to vacate the property by 10am on departure day, unless otherwise agreed in advance.
Please note that the A&K Hosted upgrade service is not available for this villa.
- Train station: Hyères (19.4km)
- Airport: Toulon-Hyères (21km)/Nice (124km)
Le Lavandou (8km)
La Londe-les-Maures (10km)
- Hyères (19.4km)
- Saint-Tropez (30.5km)
- Wine tasting: Cabasson (200m)
- Brégançon (650m)
- further sandy beaches with limited access in walking distance
- Golf: Golf de Valcros-Hyères (16km)
Please note that the location on this map is an approximate guide, normally to the closest town/village.
Up to 10 guests:
|Season:||Season Dates:||Villa Only:||A&K Hosted:|
27 September to
02 January 2015
10% discount for 2014 bookings confirmed by 31st January 2014(see the Availability tab for up to date availability information).
- The above rates are on a per villa, per week basis. For further information on our villa only and A&K hosted services please see our 'Villa Rental Options' page. An A&K Villas Travel Consultant will be happy to discuss your specific holiday needs – simply complete the quick ‘Make an Enquiry’ form or call us on 0845 618 2205.
- Cost of utilities including water, gas and electricity.
- Maid service 3 hours per day on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Arrival set of pool towels, bed and household linens (weekly change for bookings longer than 7 nights).
- Final Cleaning.
- Central Heating.
- Full Air-conditioning.
- Private swimming pool (12mx5m).
- Pool Heating (max. heat 24 degrees).
- Wi-Fi broadband Internet.
- Telephone/Fax as per consumption.
- Cook service (local cuisine) is available for up to eight guests from EUR 30/hour plus the cost of the groceries.
- Chef service (professional service) is available for up to eight guests from EUR 300/day for lunch or dinner plus the cost of the groceries. A full chef service including breakfast, lunch and dinner is available from EUR 400/day.
- Waiters (obligatory for more than 8 guests): From EUR 20/hr (subject to availability).
- Transfers from Nice Airport to the Villa (one way): Mercedes E class (for two or three passengers) available from EUR 480 or Mercedes Viano (for eight passengers) available from EUR 600.
(Please note: for services between 7.30pm and 7.00am a supplement of 20% is applied).
- Pre-arrival grocery shopping is available for up to 10 guests. A service fee of EUR 50 is charged plus the cost of groceries. This service covers up to EUR 200 worth of groceries. This service is included within our A&K Hosted offering.
- We are also able to arrange additional activities to enhance your holiday experience such as guided touring and sightseeing options, tutored wine tasting, bike rental, tennis or golf courses, yacht charter or art classes. Please see the activities tab for further ideas or discuss additional activities with your Travel Consultant.
- In case of cancellation, please note that all services confirmed in advance are non refundable.
- KINDLY NOTE:
- There are unprotected drops and a fountain in front of the villa. Young children need to be supervised.
- For security reason no more than 2 vehicles are allowed outside the villa.
- CCTV is in use for security reasons.
GMT +1 hour
The official currency is the Euro (€). Coins are available in 1 cent, 2 cent, 5 cent, 10 cent, 20 cent, 50, cent , €1 & €2 denominations. Notes are available in €5, €10, €20, €50, €100, €200, €500 denominations.
Travellers cheques are widely accepted for exchange or purchase in major cities, but in more rural areas, visit a bank to exchange them for Euros. Major credit cards are widely accepted here (though a limited number of merchants have American Express accounts) and ATM access is widespread. Exchange currency only at authorized outlets such as banks and hotels, and exchange only what you think you will spend in-country. Coins cannot be reconverted on departure. Save all receipts from any currency exchange transaction. You may be asked to produce them when you exit the country, and they are required if you intend to reconvert local currency.
Tips in restaurants are usually added on at 10/15 % of the bill. However, it is often a subject of controversy whether this amount actually goes to the waiter or not, therefore it is your choice whether to tip more.
Arrival & Departure Formalities
Travel documents are your responsibility. In general you should have:
- A signed, valid passport that will remain valid for at least 6 months beyond the completion of your trip. Your passport must have enough blank pages (excluding amendment pages) available for entry and exit stamps issued when entering and exiting immigration points.
- Visas are required for certain nationalities and you are strongly advised to check your status allowing plenty of time for visa application.
Due to its favourable climate and geography Côte d'Azur has an average of 300 sunny days, an average temperature of 16°C and short but periodical rain-showers. During summer it can be very hot with average temperature of 27ºC and about 11 hours of sun a day. The average water temperature in the summer months is about 20ºC. In autumn and spring you can rely on warm weather as well. With around 8 hours of sun per day, these seasons are quite mild as well. By the Mediterranean climate the winters are pleasant.
It is advisable to contact your doctor before you travel if you have any specific health concerns and take out appropriate travel and medical insurance.
Electrical service in France is supplied at 220-240 volts/50 hertz.
- Traffic from the RIGHT has right of way, except at roundabouts or if the road has a white line across it.
- Passport or national ID as well as driver's license/insurance papers/ownership papers must be carried all the time.
- National speed limit is 50kmh (31mph) in towns, 90kmh (56mph) on secondary non-urban highways, 110kmh (68mph) on dual carriageways, 130kmh (80mph) on motorways (auto route).
- Speeding fines: 30 – 300 Euros.
- Minimum driving age is 18.
- For use of the highways (auto route) it is invariably necessary to pay a toll before access. Payment can be made by coins or by credit card.
- There are strict laws concerning drinking and driving. Blood alcohol levels must not exceed 0.05%. There are random breathalyser tests carried out regularly by the police.
- An international driving licence is not required for European citizens. Your locally issued driving licence, as long as it is accompanied by the passport, will suffice.