Select a Destination
Chateau De La Dordogne
01242 547 705
to speak to a specialist
Le Bastit | Bedrooms: 5 | Sleeps: 10 + 1
Rates: from £6,155 per week
This beautiful 14th/15th century Chateau is located right next to the Dordogne River overlooking the small hamlet 'Le Bastit' and set across the border from Dordogne into the more 'off the beaten track' Lot department. The property boasts 5 spacious en-suite bedrooms, terraced gardens and a gated infinity pool with views over the Dordogne River. Ideally located between the cliff side village Rocamadour and Sarlat as well as close to the spectacular underground cave 'Gouffre de Padirac', the Chateau is the ideal base for families or groups of friends to explore the famous sites of Dordogne.
This beautifully renovated, authentic Chateau has a lot of charm with typical stone floors and walls, a large fireplace and beamed ceilings. There are two ground floor bedrooms with external access only and three further bedrooms on the second floor. All bedrooms are en-suite with bath tub and separate WC. The Chateau is fully air conditioned and equipped with Satellite TV with English Channels and WiFi Internet access. One the first floor all guests can come together in the country style kitchen and the large living room with adjacent billiard room that can also be used for formal dining. Kitchen and living room are open onto the beautiful outside dining terrace with stunning views. The owners of Chateau de la Dordogne own another Chateau that is operated as a 5 star hotel. Guests can benefit from the hotels' private tennis court and enjoy lunch or dinner at the Michelin starred restaurant. The hotel can be reached within a 10min drive or a 20-25min hike over a private little path. The Lot department is a region full of culture and history. Many castles and caves are open for visitors. The region is also known for truffles, foie gras, chestnuts and walnuts and food lovers will be amazed with all the gourmet places and local markets to visit. To get to Chateau de la Dordogne it is easiest to fly into Brive-Souillac Airport (40min drive), but there are several other options like Toulouse, Bergerac and Limoges airport (all within 2hrs drive).
Bedroom 1: King size bed (180cm) that can be made up as twin, en-suite bathroom and separate WC, opening onto garden. External access only
Bedroom 2: King/Twin bed (2x90cm) with TV and en-suite bathroom opening onto private small balcony with River views. External access only
- Entrance area with vaulted ceiling and stairs leading up to the first floor
- Country style kitchen with breakfast table open to terrace for outside dining with beautiful views
- Large living room with big fire place, beamed ceiling and TV open to outside dining terrace
- Billiard / dining room with large windows and beautiful River views
- Bedroom 3: King size bed (180cm) with en-suite bathroom (bath tub and separate WC)
Bedroom 4: Apartment with king/twin bed (2x90cm), separate sitting area with sofa bed suitable for a child and large en-suite facilities with angle bath and separate WC
Bedroom 5: King/twin bed (2x90cm), sitting area with TV, en-suite bathroom with separate WC and lovely ground views
- The property is set on a cliff overlooking the Dordogne River with some dangerous drops and is not suitable for small children.
- Train station: Souillac (17km)
- Airport: Brive-Souillac Airport (37km), Toulouse-Blagnac Airport (169km), Bergerac Dordogne Périgord Airport (171km)
- City: Sarlat (36km)
- Beach: Cap Ferret (300km)
- Golf: Souillac Golf & Country Club (24km)
Please note that the location on this map is an approximate guide, normally to the closest town/village.
|< Previous Month||January 2017||Next Month >|
Our villas are normally rented on a Saturday to Saturday basis throughout the year. However, shorter breaks and alternative arrival days might be available outside the High Season. Please contact your Abercrombie & Kent Villa Consultant for further details.
Please note that the standard check-in time at our properties is between 4-7pm and that we ask guests to vacate the property by 10am on departure day, unless otherwise agreed in advance.
A discount is available for bookings of 14 nights and more in high and mid season (please inquire for details).
- The above rates are on a per villa, per week basis. For further information on our villa only and A&K Concierge services please see our
'Villa Rental Options' page. An A&K Villas Travel Consultant will be happy to discuss your specific holiday needs - simply complete the quick
'Make an Enquiry' form or call us on 0845 618 2205.
- Cost of utilities including water, gas and electricity.
- Arrival set of pool towels, household and bed linen (weekly change for bookings longer than 7 nights).
- Final Cleaning.
- Partial air conditioning.
- Central heating.
- Private gated swimming pool.
- WiFi Broadband Internet.
- Extra maid service available on request at EUR 30/hour.
- Cook service (local cuisine) is available for up to eight guests from EUR 30/hour plus the cost of groceries.
- Chef service (professional service) is available for up to eight guests from EUR 66 per person including the cost of the groceries.
- Transfers from the airport to the property are available on request.
- Pre-arrival grocery shopping is available. A service fee of EUR 60 is charged plus the cost of groceries. This service covers up to EUR 200 worth of groceries. This service is included within our A&K Concierge offering.
- We are also able to arrange additional activities to enhance your holiday experience such as guided touring and sightseeing options, tutored wine tasting, tennis or golf courses, bike rental or art classes. Please see the activities tab for further ideas or discuss additional activities with your Travel Consultant.
- Please note that all services confirmed in advance are non-refundable.
Your Villa Rental
Because everyone's concept of a villa holiday is different, we have created a formula to offer flexibility and the freedom to design run your own holiday or call upon us to help open up a world of possibilities.
Our Villa-Only rental option comes as standard and is ideal for those seeking pure independence whilst travelling.
Every A&K Villa Only rental includes:
- Dedicated Pre-Arrival Concierge service
- Villa rental on an exclusive basis
- Utilities (gas, water, electricity), unless otherwise stated
- Towels, pool towels and bed linen as standard
- 1 cot & highchair (cot linen not provided)
- An A&K Local Representative who is on call 24/7 in case of emergency. Your Local Representative will also meet you once during your stay (on your arrival weekend) to help you to settle in, explain Health & Safety and answer any questions you may have regarding the villa.
(In some cases an A&K Representative is not required as the villa will have its own competent, local manager.)
- A 24 hour A&K Emergency Duty Manager contact service based in the UK
- Comprehensive information book
- VAT and administration charges
- Villa's own services - please check what additional services are provided as standard with a particular property – such as maid service, usage of air-conditioning, central and pool heating, as these can vary from property to property. This information will be available online or via your sales representative.
Should you wish to further enhance your villa experience, our thoughtfully designed A&K Concierge Packages are the perfect solution for those seeking additional support and comfort during your stay. In addition to the amenities offered within the Villa Only rental, a large number of our properties offer the following packages of upgraded services including a knowledgeable local concierge, providing complete piece of mind whilst travelling:
Gold Concierge Package – seamless support throughout your stay...
Includes all of the Villa Only services, as well as:
- A dedicated local A&K Concierge whose knowledge provides you with invaluable assistance and recommendations
Following on from your pre-arrival Concierge team, upon arrival you will be seamlessly handed over to your local A&K Concierge who will have been briefed about all aspects of your holiday.
Your local A&K Concierge will personally welcome you to your villa and can be called upon at any time to assist you in any way throughout your stay. This can include anything from confirming itinerary arrangements; suggesting, making and booking additional services locally as required, such as restaurant reservations, visits and guided tours; trouble shooting; language assistance; providing a check-out service, and much more.
- Introductory morning orientation tour of local area with your A&K Concierge on your arrival weekend - the best way to familiarise yourself with the local area (own transport required if villa is not within walking distance)
- Complimentary pre-arrival grocery shopping service. Simply tell us in advance what groceries you require and your Concierge will pre-stock the villa accordingly (cost of groceries excluded)
Platinum Concierge Package – creating your ultimate stay with complete convenience...
Includes all of the Villa Only services, as well as:
- A continental buffet-style breakfast provided on your first morning, including a selection of breads and fresh pastries, cheese, meats, fruit, yoghurts and fresh fruit juice
- A pre-stocked drinks fridge (typically consisting of four bottles of wine, beer, soft drinks, juices, mineral water)
- Fresh flowers and initial provisions, including jam, sugar, olive oil, tea, coffee, vinegar as well as cleaning provisions
- Starter pack of luxurious toiletries per bathroom
- Daily maid service (Monday to Friday and on Saturdays for multiple week bookings
- Mid-week linen and towel change
- A light, self-served supper on your arrival evening pre-prepared by your Concierge
- Complimentary mid-week grocery shopping service (cost of groceries excluded)
- Complimentary private chef service for a lunch or dinner, once during your stay (pre-booking necessary; cost of groceries excluded)
- Air Conditioning (Partial)
- Barbecue Facilities
- CD Player
- Central Heating
- Coffee Machine (Espresso)
- Dining Area (Outdoor)
- DVD Player
- Internet Access (Wireless Broadband)
- iPod Docking Station (iPod Not included)
- Library (CD's/DVD's)
- Pool / Billiards Table
- Swimming Pool (Fenced/Gated)
- Tennis Court (Off Site)
- TV (Cable/Satellite)
- Washing Machine
Book this holiday and collect Avios
Reasons to book your holiday with us
- Over 50 years' experience
- 24/7 support before, during and after your stay
- All of our properties have been hand-picked and visited by a member of the team
- Travel Consultants are based in the UK with local offices to assist with planning every detail of your stay
- Option to upgrade to a Concierge stay to make the most of your visit
- Option to book additional trips and services via our local offices
Your favourites will appear here.