Select a Destination
Chateau De La Dordogne
01242 547 705
to speak to a specialist
Le Bastit | Bedrooms: 5 | Sleeps: 10 + 1
Rates: from £5,361 per week
This beautiful 14th/15th century Chateau is located right next to the Dordogne River overlooking the small hamlet 'Le Bastit' and set across the border from Dordogne into the more 'off the beaten track' Lot department. The property boasts 5 spacious en-suite bedrooms, terraced gardens and a gated infinity pool with views over the Dordogne River. Ideally located between the cliff side village Rocamadour and Sarlat as well as close to the spectacular underground cave 'Gouffre de Padirac', the Chateau is the ideal base for families or groups of friends to explore the famous sites of Dordogne.
This beautifully renovated, authentic Chateau has a lot of charm with typical stone floors and walls, a large fireplace and beamed ceilings. There are two ground floor bedrooms with external access only and three further bedrooms on the second floor. All bedrooms are en-suite with bath tub and separate WC. The Chateau is fully air conditioned and equipped with Satellite TV with English Channels and WiFi Internet access. One the first floor all guests can come together in the country style kitchen and the large living room with adjacent billiard room that can also be used for formal dining. Kitchen and living room are open onto the beautiful outside dining terrace with stunning views. The owners of Chateau de la Dordogne own another Chateau that is operated as a 5 star hotel. Guests can benefit from the hotels' private tennis court and enjoy lunch or dinner at the Michelin starred restaurant. The hotel can be reached within a 10min drive or a 20-25min hike over a private little path. The Lot department is a region full of culture and history. Many castles and caves are open for visitors. The region is also known for truffles, foie gras, chestnuts and walnuts and food lovers will be amazed with all the gourmet places and local markets to visit. To get to Chateau de la Dordogne it is easiest to fly into Brive-Souillac Airport (40min drive), but there are several other options like Toulouse, Bergerac and Limoges airport (all within 2hrs drive).
Bedroom 1: King size bed (180cm) that can be made up as twin, en-suite bathroom and separate WC, opening onto garden. External access only
Bedroom 2: King/Twin bed (2x90cm) with TV and en-suite bathroom opening onto private small balcony with River views. External access only
- Entrance area with vaulted ceiling and stairs leading up to the first floor
- Country style kitchen with breakfast table open to terrace for outside dining with beautiful views
- Large living room with big fire place, beamed ceiling and TV open to outside dining terrace
- Billiard / dining room with large windows and beautiful River views
- Bedroom 3: King size bed (180cm) with en-suite bathroom (bath tub and separate WC)
Bedroom 4: Apartment with king/twin bed (2x90cm), separate sitting area with sofa bed suitable for a child and large en-suite facilities with angle bath and separate WC
Bedroom 5: King/twin bed (2x90cm), sitting area with TV, en-suite bathroom with separate WC and lovely ground views
- The property is set on a cliff overlooking the Dordogne River with some dangerous drops and is not suitable for small children.
- Train station: Souillac (17km)
- Airport: Brive-Souillac Airport (37km), Toulouse-Blagnac Airport (169km), Bergerac Dordogne Périgord Airport (171km)
- City: Sarlat (36km)
- Beach: Cap Ferret (300km)
- Golf: Souillac Golf & Country Club (24km)
Please note that the location on this map is an approximate guide, normally to the closest town/village.
|< Previous Month||December 2016||Next Month >|
Our villas are normally rented on a Saturday to Saturday basis throughout the year. However, shorter breaks and alternative arrival days might be available outside the High Season. Please contact your Abercrombie & Kent Villa Consultant for further details.
Please note that the standard check-in time at our properties is between 4-7pm and that we ask guests to vacate the property by 10am on departure day, unless otherwise agreed in advance.
A discount is available for bookings of 14 nights and more in high and mid season (please inquire for details).
- The above rates are on a per villa, per week basis. For further information on our villa only and A&K Concierge services please see our
'Villa Rental Options' page. An A&K Villas Travel Consultant will be happy to discuss your specific holiday needs - simply complete the quick
'Make an Enquiry' form or call us on 0845 618 2205.
- Cost of utilities including water, gas and electricity.
- Arrival set of pool towels, household and bed linen (weekly change for bookings longer than 7 nights).
- Final Cleaning.
- Full air conditioning.
- Central heating.
- Private gated swimming pool.
- WiFi Broadband Internet.
- Extra maid service available on request at €30/hour.
- Cook service (local cuisine) / Chef service (professional service) is available on request.
- Transfers from the airport to the property are available on request.
- Pre-arrival grocery shopping is available. A service fee of EUR 60 is charged plus the cost of groceries. This service covers up to EUR 200 worth of groceries. This service is included within our A&K Concierge offering.
- We are also able to arrange additional activities to enhance your holiday experience such as guided touring and sightseeing options, tutored wine tasting, tennis or golf courses, bike rental or art classes. Please see the activities tab for further ideas or discuss additional activities with your Travel Consultant.
- Please note that all services confirmed in advance are non-refundable.
Because everyone’s concept of a villa holiday is different, we have created a formula designed to offer privacy, flexibility and the freedom to run your own holiday or call upon us to help open up a world of possibilities. Our villas are normally rented on a villa-only weekly basis and are ideal for those seeking independence and privacy. We’re on call in case you need us and we provide a change of towels and bed linen during the week, but otherwise there no inclusions.
A&K Concierge upgrade
For additional support, comfort and a slice of pampering why not upgrade to our A&K Concierge service. Included is an airport welcome on arrival with assistance for onward transportation; the services of an A&K Concierge – whose local knowledge provides you with invaluable assistance and recommendations; an orientation of the local area; a fully stocked drinks fridge; maid service; the ingredients for your first evening’s supper and breakfast delivered on the first morning of your stay. For full details of concierge inclusions speak to an A&K Travel Consultant on 0845 618 2205.
The finishing touches
Ever dreamt of driving through the Chianti hills in a red Ferrari, or along the Moyenne Corniche to Monaco in a Bentley? How about sailing along the Cote d'Azur to St Tropez in a private yacht or speed boat? Sometimes the home is all that you need, but if you're lured into culture, excitement, activity, improving your cooking or simply dabbling in landscapes, then speak to one of our Villa Specialists for an insight into what we can arrange. These are what we call our ‘Finishing Touches’.
The list is by no means exhaustive and we always welcome requests, however obscure you may think they are! Our local offices enable us to control the quality of the services on offer and the depth of knowledge our local teams have is impressive. Our aim is to provide guests with the authentic sights, flavours and experiences of the region they are staying in.
If you would prefer to discuss your specific requirements, whether it’s in relation to the property or about your stay in general, please do contact us using the Enquire page or please do give us a call for a chat.
- Air Conditioning (Partial)
- Barbecue Facilities
- CD Player
- Central Heating
- Coffee Machine (Espresso)
- Dining Area (Outdoor)
- DVD Player
- Internet Access (Wireless Broadband)
- iPod Docking Station (iPod Not included)
- Library (CD's/DVD's)
- Pool / Billiards Table
- Swimming Pool (Fenced/Gated)
- Tennis Court (Off Site)
- TV (Cable/Satellite)
- Washing Machine
Book this holiday and collect Avios
Reasons to book your holiday with us
- Over 50 years' experience
- 24/7 support before, during and after your stay
- All of our properties have been hand-picked and visited by a member of the team
- Travel Consultants are based in the UK with local offices to assist with planning every detail of your stay
- Option to upgrade to a Concierge stay to make the most of your visit
- Option to book additional trips and services via our local offices
Your favourites will appear here.