Select a Destination
01242 547 705
to speak to a specialist
Cales | Bedrooms: 5 | Sleeps: 10
Rates: from £3,597 per week
This stunning and authentic 17th century Chartreuse sits on 5 hectares of spacious enclosed grounds with large heated swimming pool in the center of the charming village of Calès, set across the border from Dordogne into the more 'off the beaten track' Lot department. Ideally located within walking distance to restaurants and a French bread depot, and close to the Grand Site of Rocamadour as well as the spectacular underground cave 'Gouffre de Padirac', this beautiful restored country house is the ideal base to explore the famous sites of Dordogne.
La Chartreuse is a family friendly property in a quiet setting, but still close to all the major sites of the Dordogne. It comfortably sleeps up to 10 guests in five spacious bedrooms. Three of the bedrooms are en-suite, the remaining two share a bathroom. The living room, dining area and kitchen on the ground floor all have direct access to the large garden with private heated pool. A beautiful staircase leads up to the first floor with two master suites both en-suite with bath and shower and both offering beautiful garden views. On the second floor you will find three comfortable bedrooms and two bathrooms with bath tub and shower attachment. The owners of La Chartreuse own a close by Chateau that is operated as a 5 star hotel. Guests can benefit from the hotels' private tennis court and enjoy lunch or dinner at the Michelin starred restaurant. The hotel can be reached within a 10min drive or a 20-25min hike over a private little path. The Lot department is a region full of culture and history. Many castles and caves are open for visitors. The region is also known for truffles, foie gras, chestnuts and walnuts and food lovers will be amazed with all the gourmet places and local markets to visit. To get to Chateau de la Dordogne it is easiest to fly into Brive-Souillac Airport (35min drive), but there are several other options like Toulouse, Bergerac and Limoges airport (all within 2hrs drive).
- Living room with large fire place and TV open to garden with outside dining area
- Formal dining area with fireplace and access to garden
- Country style kitchen with breakfast table
- Guest WC
- Bedroom 1: King size bed (180cm) with fireplace, garden view and en-suite bathroom with roll top bath and shower
- Bedroom 2: King size bed (180cm) with fireplace, garden views and en-suite marble floor bathroom with bath and shower as well as separate toilet
- Bedroom 3: Cosy King size bedroom (180cm) with beamed ceiling and en-suite bathroom (bath with shower attachment)
- Bedroom 4: King size bed (180cm) that can be made up as twin (2x90cm) with beamed ceiling
- Bedroom 5: King size bed (180cm) with beamed ceiling
- Shared bathroom for bedroom 4 and 5 with roll top bath and shower attachment as well as separate WC
- A caretaker couple lives in a separate part of the building.
- Train station: Souillac (16km)
- Airport: Brive-Souillac Airport (35km), Toulouse-Blagnac Airport (164km), Bergerac Dordogne Périgord Airport (117km)
Calès - Walking distance
- City: Sarlat (40km)
- Beach: Cap Ferret (300km)
- Golf: Souillac Golf & Country Club (22km)
Please note that the location on this map is an approximate guide, normally to the closest town/village.
|< Previous Month||October 2016||Next Month >|
Our villas are normally rented on a Saturday to Saturday basis throughout the year. However, shorter breaks and alternative arrival days might be available outside the High Season. Please contact your Abercrombie & Kent Villa Consultant for further details.
Please note that the standard check-in time at our properties is between 4-7pm and that we ask guests to vacate the property by 10am on departure day, unless otherwise agreed in advance.
A discount is available for bookings of 14 nights and more in high and mid season (please inquire for details).
- The above rates are on a per villa, per week basis. For further information on our villa only and A&K hosted services please see our
'Villa Rental Options' page. An A&K Villas Travel Consultant will be happy to discuss your specific holiday needs - simply complete the quick
'Make an Enquiry' form or call us on 0845 618 2205.
- Cost of utilities including water, gas and electricity.
- Arrival set of pool towels, household and bed linen (weekly change for bookings longer than 7 nights).
- Final Cleaning.
- Central heating.
- Air conditioning in all bedrooms.
- Private swimming pool with electric cover.
- Pool heating (Temperature max. 24 degrees).
- WiFi Broadband Internet.
- Extra maid service available on request at €30/hour.
- Cook service (local cuisine) / Chef service (professional service) is available on request.
- Transfers from the airport to the property are available on request.
- Pre-arrival grocery shopping is available. A service fee of EUR 60 is charged plus the cost of groceries. This service covers up to EUR 200 worth of groceries. This service is included within our A&K Concierge offering.
- We are also able to arrange additional activities to enhance your holiday experience such as guided touring and sightseeing options, tutored wine tasting, tennis or golf courses, bike rental or art classes. Please see the activities tab for further ideas or discuss additional activities with your Travel Consultant.
- Please note that all services confirmed in advance are non-refundable.
Because everyone’s concept of a villa holiday is different, we have created a formula designed to offer privacy, flexibility and the freedom to run your own holiday or call upon us to help open up a world of possibilities. Our villas are normally rented on a villa-only weekly basis and are ideal for those seeking independence and privacy. We’re on call in case you need us and we provide a change of towels and bed linen during the week, but otherwise there no inclusions.
A&K Concierge upgrade
For additional support, comfort and a slice of pampering why not upgrade to our A&K Concierge service. Included is an airport welcome on arrival with assistance for onward transportation; the services of an A&K Concierge – whose local knowledge provides you with invaluable assistance and recommendations; an orientation of the local area; a fully stocked drinks fridge; maid service; the ingredients for your first evening’s supper and breakfast delivered on the first morning of your stay. For full details of concierge inclusions speak to an A&K Travel Consultant on 0845 618 2205.
The finishing touches
Ever dreamt of driving through the Chianti hills in a red Ferrari, or along the Moyenne Corniche to Monaco in a Bentley? How about sailing along the Cote d'Azur to St Tropez in a private yacht or speed boat? Sometimes the home is all that you need, but if you're lured into culture, excitement, activity, improving your cooking or simply dabbling in landscapes, then speak to one of our Villa Specialists for an insight into what we can arrange. These are what we call our ‘Finishing Touches’.
The list is by no means exhaustive and we always welcome requests, however obscure you may think they are! Our local offices enable us to control the quality of the services on offer and the depth of knowledge our local teams have is impressive. Our aim is to provide guests with the authentic sights, flavours and experiences of the region they are staying in.
If you would prefer to discuss your specific requirements, whether it’s in relation to the property or about your stay in general, please do contact us using the Enquire page or please do give us a call for a chat.
- Air Conditioning (Partial)
- CD Player
- Central Heating
- Coffee Machine (Espresso)
- DVD Player
- Internet Access (Wireless Broadband)
- iPod Docking Station (iPod Not included)
- Library (CD's/DVD's)
- Swimming Pool (Heated)
- Swimming Pool (with Security Cover)
- TV (Cable/Satellite)
- Washing Machine
Book this holiday and collect Avios
Reasons to book your holiday with us
- Over 50 years' experience
- 24/7 support before, during and after your stay
- All of our properties have been hand-picked and visited by a member of the team
- Travel Consultants are based in the UK with local offices to assist with planning every detail of your stay
- Option to upgrade to a Concierge stay to make the most of your visit
- Option to book additional trips and services via our local offices
Your favourites will appear here.