Select a Destination
01242 547 705
to speak to a specialist
Cales | Bedrooms: 5 | Sleeps: 10
Rates: from £3,741 per week
This stunning and authentic 17th century Chartreuse sits on 5 hectares of spacious enclosed grounds with large heated swimming pool in the center of the charming village of Calès, set across the border from Dordogne into the more 'off the beaten track' Lot department. Ideally located within walking distance to restaurants and a French bread depot, and close to the Grand Site of Rocamadour as well as the spectacular underground cave 'Gouffre de Padirac', this beautiful restored country house is the ideal base to explore the famous sites of Dordogne.
La Chartreuse is a family friendly property in a quiet setting, but still close to all the major sites of the Dordogne. It comfortably sleeps up to 10 guests in five spacious bedrooms. Three of the bedrooms are en-suite, the remaining two share a bathroom. The living room, dining area and kitchen on the ground floor all have direct access to the large garden with private heated pool. A beautiful staircase leads up to the first floor with two master suites both en-suite with bath and shower and both offering beautiful garden views. On the second floor you will find three comfortable bedrooms and two bathrooms with bath tub and shower attachment. The owners of La Chartreuse own a close by Chateau that is operated as a 5 star hotel. Guests can benefit from the hotels' private tennis court and enjoy lunch or dinner at the Michelin starred restaurant. The hotel can be reached within a 10min drive or a 20-25min hike over a private little path. The Lot department is a region full of culture and history. Many castles and caves are open for visitors. The region is also known for truffles, foie gras, chestnuts and walnuts and food lovers will be amazed with all the gourmet places and local markets to visit. To get to Chateau de la Dordogne it is easiest to fly into Brive-Souillac Airport (35min drive), but there are several other options like Toulouse, Bergerac and Limoges airport (all within 2hrs drive).
- Living room with large fire place and TV open to garden with outside dining area
- Formal dining area with fireplace and access to garden
- Country style kitchen with breakfast table
- Guest WC
- Bedroom 1: King size bed (180cm) with fireplace, garden view and en-suite bathroom with roll top bath and shower
- Bedroom 2: King size bed (180cm) with fireplace, garden views and en-suite marble floor bathroom with bath and shower as well as separate toilet
- Bedroom 3: Cosy King size bedroom (180cm) with beamed ceiling and en-suite bathroom (bath with shower attachment)
- Bedroom 4: King size bed (180cm) that can be made up as twin (2x90cm) with beamed ceiling
- Bedroom 5: King size bed (180cm) with beamed ceiling
- Shared bathroom for bedroom 4 and 5 with roll top bath and shower attachment as well as separate WC
- A caretaker couple lives in a separate part of the building.
- Train station: Souillac (16km)
- Airport: Brive-Souillac Airport (35km), Toulouse-Blagnac Airport (164km), Bergerac Dordogne Périgord Airport (117km)
Calès - Walking distance
- City: Sarlat (40km)
- Beach: Cap Ferret (300km)
- Golf: Souillac Golf & Country Club (22km)
Please note that the location on this map is an approximate guide, normally to the closest town/village.
|< Previous Month||June 2017||Next Month >|
Our villas are normally rented on a Saturday to Saturday basis throughout the year. However, shorter breaks and alternative arrival days might be available outside the High Season. Please contact your Abercrombie & Kent Villa Consultant for further details.
Please note that the standard check-in time at our properties is between 4-7pm and that we ask guests to vacate the property by 10am on departure day, unless otherwise agreed in advance.
A discount is available for bookings of 14 nights and more in high and mid season (please inquire for details).
- The above rates are on a per villa, per week basis. For further information on our villa only and A&K hosted services please see our
'Villa Rental Options' page. An A&K Villas Travel Consultant will be happy to discuss your specific holiday needs - simply complete the quick
'Make an Enquiry' form or call us on 0845 618 2205.
- Cost of utilities including water, gas and electricity.
- Arrival set of pool towels, household and bed linen (weekly change for bookings longer than 7 nights).
- Final Cleaning.
- Central heating.
- Air conditioning in all bedrooms.
- Private swimming pool with electric cover.
- Pool heating (Temperature max. 24 degrees).
- WiFi Broadband Internet.
- Extra maid service available on request at EUR 30/hour.
- Cook service (local cuisine) is available for up to eight guests from EUR 30/hour plus the cost of groceries.
- Chef service (professional service) is available for up to eight guests from EUR 66 per person including the cost of the groceries.
- Transfers from the airport to the property are available on request.
- Pre-arrival grocery shopping is available. A service fee of EUR 60 is charged plus the cost of groceries. This service covers up to EUR 200 worth of groceries. This service is included within our A&K Concierge offering.
- We are also able to arrange additional activities to enhance your holiday experience such as guided touring and sightseeing options, tutored wine tasting, tennis or golf courses, bike rental or art classes. Please see the activities tab for further ideas or discuss additional activities with your Travel Consultant.
- Please note that all services confirmed in advance are non-refundable.
Your Villa Rental
Because everyone's concept of a villa holiday is different, we have created a formula to offer flexibility and the freedom to design run your own holiday or call upon us to help open up a world of possibilities.
Our Villa-Only rental option comes as standard and is ideal for those seeking pure independence whilst travelling.
Every A&K Villa Only rental includes:
- Dedicated Pre-Arrival Concierge service
- Villa rental on an exclusive basis
- Utilities (gas, water, electricity), unless otherwise stated
- Towels, pool towels and bed linen as standard
- 1 cot & highchair (cot linen not provided)
- An A&K Local Representative who is on call 24/7 in case of emergency. Your Local Representative will also meet you once during your stay (on your arrival weekend) to help you to settle in, explain Health & Safety and answer any questions you may have regarding the villa.
(In some cases an A&K Representative is not required as the villa will have its own competent, local manager.)
- A 24 hour A&K Emergency Duty Manager contact service based in the UK
- Comprehensive information book
- VAT and administration charges
- Villa's own services - please check what additional services are provided as standard with a particular property – such as maid service, usage of air-conditioning, central and pool heating, as these can vary from property to property. This information will be available online or via your sales representative.
Should you wish to further enhance your villa experience, our thoughtfully designed A&K Concierge Packages are the perfect solution for those seeking additional support and comfort during your stay. In addition to the amenities offered within the Villa Only rental, a large number of our properties offer the following packages of upgraded services including a knowledgeable local concierge, providing complete piece of mind whilst travelling:
Gold Concierge Package – seamless support throughout your stay...
Includes all of the Villa Only services, as well as:
- A dedicated local A&K Concierge whose knowledge provides you with invaluable assistance and recommendations
Following on from your pre-arrival Concierge team, upon arrival you will be seamlessly handed over to your local A&K Concierge who will have been briefed about all aspects of your holiday.
Your local A&K Concierge will personally welcome you to your villa and can be called upon at any time to assist you in any way throughout your stay. This can include anything from confirming itinerary arrangements; suggesting, making and booking additional services locally as required, such as restaurant reservations, visits and guided tours; trouble shooting; language assistance; providing a check-out service, and much more.
- Introductory morning orientation tour of local area with your A&K Concierge on your arrival weekend - the best way to familiarise yourself with the local area (own transport required if villa is not within walking distance)
- Complimentary pre-arrival grocery shopping service. Simply tell us in advance what groceries you require and your Concierge will pre-stock the villa accordingly (cost of groceries excluded)
Platinum Concierge Package – creating your ultimate stay with complete convenience...
Includes all of the Villa Only services, as well as:
- A continental buffet-style breakfast provided on your first morning, including a selection of breads and fresh pastries, cheese, meats, fruit, yoghurts and fresh fruit juice
- A pre-stocked drinks fridge (typically consisting of four bottles of wine, beer, soft drinks, juices, mineral water)
- Fresh flowers and initial provisions, including jam, sugar, olive oil, tea, coffee, vinegar as well as cleaning provisions
- Starter pack of luxurious toiletries per bathroom
- Daily maid service (Monday to Friday and on Saturdays for multiple week bookings
- Mid-week linen and towel change
- A light, self-served supper on your arrival evening pre-prepared by your Concierge
- Complimentary mid-week grocery shopping service (cost of groceries excluded)
- Complimentary private chef service for a lunch or dinner, once during your stay (pre-booking necessary; cost of groceries excluded)
- Air Conditioning (Partial)
- CD Player
- Central Heating
- Coffee Machine (Espresso)
- DVD Player
- Internet Access (Wireless Broadband)
- iPod Docking Station (iPod Not included)
- Library (CD's/DVD's)
- Swimming Pool (Heated)
- Swimming Pool (with Security Cover)
- TV (Cable/Satellite)
- Washing Machine
Reasons to book your holiday with us
- Over 50 years' experience
- 24/7 support before, during and after your stay
- All of our properties have been hand-picked and visited by a member of the team
- Travel Consultants are based in the UK with local offices to assist with planning every detail of your stay
- Option to upgrade to a Concierge stay to make the most of your visit
- Option to book additional trips and services via our local offices
Your favourites will appear here.