Le Mas de Pasquier
This superb, stunningly renovated stone house with chic, contemporary interiors sits amidst the Luberon Valley, a region of outstanding natural beauty and historically rich villages. Located in the heart of Cabrières d'Avignon with its 15th Century château, the property is just a few minutes' walk to a fine French restaurant, a bakery and shops while the delightful towns of Avignon and Aix-en-Provence are in the close vicinity.
This 5 bedroom villa, situated in the heart of the Luberon, with views of the hills and valley, has been lovingly restored to create a spacious and elegant family home. The interiors have been furnished throughout with great taste by an English designer, with the aim to sympathetically combine antique and modern elements. The kitchen is equipped with electric oven, gas rings, butcher’s block and all the tools for a chef’s delight. Every room on the ground floor opens onto a beautiful shaded terrace, which is framed by a rose pergola and offers seating for up to 12 people and a relaxed corner for aperitifs. The 13x5m heated swimming pool and the large furnished pool house invite guests to comfortably seek respite from the summer heat while enjoying views over the charming garden. Le Mas de Pasquier, surrounded by its high walls, is the ideal place to spend a relaxing and tranquil holiday in complete privacy. Located in one of the oldest villages it is just 2 minutes walking distance to local shops.
Large drawing room
Dining room with double doors to terrace
Bedroom 1: Double bedroom with super king-size bed and en-suite shower room and separate wc
Bedroom 2: Master suite with a super king-size bed and en-suite bathroom with shower and bath
Bedroom 3: Master suite with a super king-size bed and en-suite bathroom with shower and bath
Bedroom 4: Double bedroom with super king-size bed and en-suite shower room
Bedroom 5: Double bedroom with en-suite shower room
All guests are required to be 18 years or older.
- Barbecue Facilities
- CD Player
- Central Heating
- DVD Player
- Fans Available
- Hair Dryer
- Heating System (Under floor)
- Internet Access (Wireless Broadband)
- iPod Docking Station (iPod Not included)
- Iron & Ironing Board
- Ironing Board
- Library (DVD's)
- Mosquito Nets/Fly screens
- Outdoor dining area
- Swimming Pool
- Swimming Pool (Heating Available)
- Swimming Pool (with cover)
- TV (Satellite TV with English Channels)
- Washing Machine & Dryer
General Activities in provence
- Ballooning over the Luberon - one of the most fantastic ways to see the stunning Luberon is by air
- Market trip - enjoy a market in a town close to your villa and buy finest meats, olives, oils, wines and cheese of the region
- Private Art Class - try your hand at landscape painting as a professional artist teaches you the fundamentals in your own villa for a half or full day
- Private Cookery Class - attend a cookery school in Avignon and meet a top level chef who will take you through course in typical Provencal cooking with a modern twist
- Luxury yacht - charter a luxury yacht, powerful speedboat or traditional sail boat and truly immerse yourselves within the culture of this cosmopolitan and chic region
- F1 Experience - Get privately chauffeured to the region of the Var; home to an FIA approved circuit. Tour through the garages, observe mechanics at work, before heading out to the track with expert drivers to study its corners and cambers and pick up top tips
Sporting Activities in provence
- Cycling - France provides flat or rolling countryside suitable for biking. In Provence, rent a bicycle and explore Mont Ventoux, one of the atapes of the Tour de France
- Boules - this typical French game can be played nearly everywhere; many towns provide dirt, gravel, hard-packed sand squares as playing surface for boules
- Hiking - plenty of hiking paths are found throughout this part of France
- Horse riding - you will find horse riding schools in Aix en Provence, Laudun or Vaison
- Golf - find a golf course near you ( Aix en Provence, Marseille, Avignon); there are approximately 17 golf courses in Provence
- Climbing - there are various rock climbing opportunities in the Dentelle de Montmirail and Buoux
- Hot Air Balloon - enjoy a hot air balloon ride in Joucas or Avignon
Local Attractions in provence
- Vaison, the market here (on Tuesdays) is the largest in Provence and can be dated back to antiquity. Sightseeing in Vaison includes the roman theatre and baths, Roman church, cathedral and castle ruins
- The villages perches of Le Crestet and Seguret
- The Ventoux, which offers sweeping views over the Alps and the Mediterranean
- Bonnieux, La Louve - Closed in July and August
- Sorgues, Garden of the Château de Brantes - Open from Easter to November
- Marseille, Abbey Saint Victor
- Marseille, Notre-Dame-de-la-Garde
- Marseille, Old Harbour
- Marseille, Parc Borély with Botanical Garden - Open all year round
- Marseille, The Palais de la Bourse - Open all year round
- Orange, visit the impressively preserved Roman theatre. Enjoy the 'Les Choregies d'Orange' opera festival during July/August
- Frioul archipelago, Château d'If - Open all year round
- Aix en Provence, Cezanne Studio - Open all year round
- Aix en Provence, Cite du Livre - Open all year round
- Aix en Provence, The Albertas Gardens - Open from May to October
- Saint-Remy-de-Provence,The Centre of Art Présence Vincent van Gogh - Open all year round
- Isle sur la Sorgue, a delight for lovers of antiques and brocante
- Nyons, the centre of the olive oil production area with plenty of opportunities to visit olive oil producers
- Pont du Gard, an ancient Roman aquaduct
- Avignon, Palais des Papes
- Avignon, Pont St. Bénézet
- Salon de Provence, Nostradamus’ house and burial place
- Manosque, La Maison de la Biodiversité - Open all year
|< Previous Month||October 2014||Next Month >|
Our villas are normally rented on a Saturday to Saturday basis throughout the year. However, shorter breaks and alternative arrival days might be available outside the High Season. Please contact your Abercrombie & Kent Villa Consultant for further details.
Please note that the standard check-in time at our properties is between 4-7pm and that we ask guests to vacate the property by 10am on departure day, unless otherwise agreed in advance.
- Train station: Avignon (32km)
- Airport: Marseille (64km)/Avignon (25km)
Cabrières-d'Avignon (50 metres)
- City: Aix-en-Provence (68km)
- Beach: Cassis (118km)
- Golf: Provence Country Club (9.5km)
*Please note that the location on this map is an approximate guide, normally to the closest town/village.
Rates available on request.
- Special Offer: Save 5% on bookings of 2 weeks or more.
- The above rates are on a per villa, per week basis. For further information on our villa only and A&K hosted services please see our 'Villa Rental Options' page. An A&K Villas Travel Consultant will be happy to discuss your specific holiday needs – simply complete the quick ‘Make an Enquiry’ form or call us on 0845 618 2205.
- Cost of utilities including water, gas, and electricity.
- Maid service included for 8 hours per week.
- Arrival set of pool towels, household and bed linen (weekly change for bookings longer than 7 nights).
- Final cleaning.
- Central heating.
- Wi-Fi broadband internet.
- Telephone (local calls only).
- Pool heating (up to 28 degrees celcius).
- Private Swimming Pool (12mx5m).
- Extra maid service available on request at €14/hour.
- Cook service (local cuisine) is available for up to eight guests from EUR 30/hr plus the cost of groceries.
- Chef service (professional service) is available for up to eight guests from EUR 80 per person including the cost of the groceries. A full chef service including breakfast, lunch and dinner is available from EUR 350/day.
- Waiters (obligatory for more than 8 guests): From EUR 20/hr (subject to availability).
- Transfers from Marseille Airport to the Villa (One way): Mercedes Viano or similar (for up to eight passengers) available from EUR 312.
- Transfers from Avignon Train Station (TGV) to the Villa (One way): Mercedes Viano or similar (for up to eight passengers) available from EUR 216.
(Please note: for services between 7.30pm and 7.00am a supplement of 20% is applied).
- Pre-arrival grocery shopping is available for up to 10 guests. A service fee of EUR 50 is charged plus the cost of groceries. This service covers up to EUR 200 worth of groceries. This service is included within our A&K Hosted offering.
- We are also able to arrange additional activities to enhance your holiday experience such as guided touring and sightseeing options, tutored wine tasting, tennis or golf courses, bike rental or art classes. Please see the activities tab for further ideas or discuss additional activities with your Travel Consultant.
- Please note that all services confirmed in advance are non-refundable.
- KINDLY NOTE:
- Please enquire in advance if there are any children under the age of 10 in your group.
Practical information for your provence villa holiday
GMT +1 hour
The official currency is the Euro (€). Coins are available in 1 cent, 2 cent, 5 cent, 10 cent, 20 cent, 50, cent , €1 & €2 denominations. Notes are available in €5, €10, €20, €50, €100, €200, €500 denominations.
Travellers cheques are widely accepted for exchange or purchase in major cities, but in more rural areas, visit a bank to exchange them for Euros. Major credit cards are widely accepted here (though a limited number of merchants have American Express accounts) and ATM access is widespread. Exchange currency only at authorized outlets such as banks and hotels, and exchange only what you think you will spend in-country. Coins cannot be reconverted on departure. Save all receipts from any currency exchange transaction. You may be asked to produce them when you exit the country, and they are required if you intend to reconvert local currency.
Tipping in provence
Tips in restaurants are usually added on at 10/15 % of the bill. However, it is often a subject of controversy whether this amount actually goes to the waiter or not, therefore it is your choice whether to tip more.
Arrival & Departure Formalities
Travel documents are your responsibility. In general you should have:
- A signed, valid passport that will remain valid for at least 6 months beyond the completion of your trip. Your passport must have enough blank pages (excluding amendment pages) available for entry and exit stamps issued when entering and exiting immigration points.
- Visas are required for certain nationalities and you are strongly advised to check your status allowing plenty of time for visa application.
Weather in provence
Provence is considered a dry temperate region with an average 300 warm and sunny days a year and rain falling on a maximum of about 90. Average rainfall in spring and autumn is low. December and January are the wettest months. With temperatures about 28°C during the summer months those long hot summer days can last late into the evening. The warm and sunny spring and autumn have an average temperature of 24°C. The average temperature of the dry sunny mild winter months are around 14°C with February the coldest month at 12°C. Temperatures are slightly lower near the coast due to the sea breezes. During the summer months, this makes the high temperatures more bearable.
It is advisable to contact your doctor before you travel if you have any specific health concerns and take out appropriate travel and medical insurance.
Electricity supply in provence
Electrical service in France is supplied at 220-240 volts/50 hertz.
Driving in france
- Traffic from the RIGHT has right of way, except at roundabouts or if the road has a white line across it.
- Passport or national ID as well as driver's license/insurance papers/ownership papers must be carried all the time.
- National speed limit is 50kmh (31mph) in towns, 90kmh (56mph) on secondary non-urban highways, 110kmh (68mph) on dual carriageways, 130kmh (80mph) on motorways (auto route).
- Speeding fines: 30 – 300 Euros.
- Minimum driving age is 18.
- For use of the highways (auto route) it is invariably necessary to pay a toll before access. Payment can be made by coins or by credit card.
- There are strict laws concerning drinking and driving. Blood alcohol levels must not exceed 0.05%. There are random breathalyser tests carried out regularly by the police.
- An international driving licence is not required for European citizens. Your locally issued driving licence, as long as it is accompanied by the passport, will suffice.