Special Offer: Save 10% on all remaining weeks in July and August. Please call and speak to a travel consultant for more details. This recently completed 8-bedroom villa offers contemporary design and luxury in a superb location amid the sought-after Elounda area. Situated on a gentle hillside it allows guests to witness the most magnificent views and sunsets over the Aegean Sea, best enjoyed from the stunning infinity-edge pool which creates the impression that the water extends to the Mediterranean. The modern architecture, its sophisticated furnishings and the beauty of the surrounding Cretan landscape and seafront combine to make Villa Cien unique! Together with its sister property Villa Cienta it can accommodate up to 24 guests.
The 1.4 hectares of Villa Cien’s land have been professionally landscaped with terraced gardens featuring olive trees, flowers, lavender and aromatic herbs. A garden pavilion and beautiful terraces with seating and dining areas around the 15x5m pool invite guests to relax and enjoy the wonderful views. The villa benefits from a convenient setting on a hillside with only a few neighbours and no more than 3 km away from the town of Elounda and 7 km from Agios Nikolaos with their traditional tavernas, gourmet restaurants, shops, nightlife, golf course and yacht mooring facilities. Villa Cien was recently built and designed by its architect owner and offers plenty of space for up to 16 guests in 8 bedrooms. The main house features 6 bedrooms while two further guest rooms are accessed independently. All bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms, walk-in wardrobes, air-conditioning, and most of them also benefit from stunning views to the sea and Cretan mountains. Some rooms have additional features such as hardwood floors, private terraces or direct access to the swimming pool. Bespoke beds, sofas, tables, pool side loungers etc. have been created specifically for this villa and are complemented by carefully selected designer pieces. Villa Cien provides a luxurious and comfortable ambience for those who seek some quality time with friends and family.
• Spacious open-plan and sun flooded living and dining area with high ceiling, fire place, Satellite TV and DVD player, sofas, dining table (seats approx. 8) and study area. French doors open onto shaded lounge terrace with access to pool area.
• Well-equipped kitchen with door leading to outdoor terrace.
• Bedroom 1 with 1.60m bed and en-suite bathroom with bath and shower attachment. Sea views.
• Bedroom 2 (access via separate external entrance) with 1.60 bed, en-suite shower room and doors to terrace with sea views.
• Master bedroom with 1.80m four-poster bed and en-suite bathroom with rain shower. Large terrace with great sea views.
• Bedroom 4 (access via external staircase) with 1.60m bed and en-suite bathroom with bath and shower attachment. Access to two small terraces with sea views.
Lower Ground Floor
• Bedroom 5 with twin/double and en-suite shower room.
• Bedrooms 6 and 7 with twin beds and en-suite shower rooms.
• Bedroom 8 with 1.60m bed, small en-suite shower room and doors leading to pool area.
• Laundry room.
• Spacious room with gym equipment (e.g. stepper, bike, weights machine) and table tennis.
Due to the terraced nature of the grounds with various drops and due to a number of low terrace walls and staircases without railings, some might find the property unsuitable for young children.
- Air Conditioning
- Barbecue Facilities
- DVD Player
- Espresso Machine
- Fans Available
- Gym Equipment
- Hair Dryer
- Internet Access (Wireless Broadband)
- iPod Docking Station (iPod Not included)
- Iron & Ironing Board
- Mosquito Nets/Fly screens
- Outdoor dining area
- Security (Guard)
- Swimming Pool
- Table Tennis
- TV (Satellite TV with English Channels)
- Washing Machine
SUGGESTED GENERAL ACTIVITIES:
- Take a boat cruise to the fascinating island of Spinalonga to see the Venetian fortress
- Enjoy a relaxing spa treatment
- Rent a car and explore the tiny Cretan villages in the Thripti mountains
- Explore the Minoan Palace of Mallia
SUGGESTED SPORTING ACTIVITIES
SELECTION OF LOCAL ATTRACTIONS
- Heraklion, Palace of Knossos
- Heraklion, Archaeological Museum
- Heraklion, Historical Museum
- Heraklion, Central Market
- Heraklion, Cretan Folklore and History Museum
- Heraklion, Venetian Fortress
|< Previous Month||September 2015||Next Month >|
Our villas are normally rented on a Saturday to Saturday basis throughout the year. However, shorter breaks and alternative arrival days might be available outside the High Season. Please contact your Abercrombie & Kent Villa Consultant for further details.
Please note that the standard check-in time at our properties is between 4-7pm and that we ask guests to vacate the property by 10am on departure day, unless otherwise agreed in advance.
Elounda with sea front restaurants, shops and bars 3km; Agios Nikolaos with restaurants and shops 7km; Fishing village Plaka 7km; Spinalonga Island (Venetian fortress and once a leper colony) 10 min by boat from Elounda; Heraklion Airport 69km
Villa Cien shares the vast grounds with its sister property Villa Cienta (sleeps up to 8). Both villas are situated on opposite sides of the grounds (approx. 200m), separated by the undulating hillside from which they enjoy their elevated position.
The villa is located on a hillside in order to benefit from the best possible views, therefore the road approaching the property is fairly steep. Villa Cien and its sister property Villa Cienta share the same entrance gate to the grounds but have individual car parks.
We'd like to make you aware that a neighbouring property is located behind Villa Cien's entrance courtyard but on a higher level and with no views onto the outdoor pool and dining areas.
* Please note that the location on this map is an approximate guide, normally to the closest town/village.
Up to 10 guests:
|Season:||Season Dates:||Villa Only:||A&K Hosted:|
29 August to
04 January 2016
Up to 16 guests:
|Season:||Season Dates:||Villa Only:||A&K Hosted:|
29 August to
04 January 2016
Please note that rentals at Villa Cien are only possible from April until November 2015.
- Special Offer: Save 10% on all remaining weeks in July and August. Please call and speak to a travel consultant for more details.
- The above rates are on a per villa, per week basis. For further information on our Villa Only services please see our 'Villa Rental Options' page. An A&K Villas Travel Consultant will be happy to discuss your specific holiday needs - simply complete the quick 'Make an Enquiry' form or call us on 0845 618 2205.
- Cost of utilities (water, gas and electricity).
- Maid service every day for approx. 2 hours.
- Arrival set of pool towels, household and bed linen (changed every 3 days).
- Final cleaning.
- Wi-Fi internet.
- Local telephone calls.
- Full air-conditioning.
- Private infinity swimming pool (15x5m).
- Security guard (with dog) on grounds between midnight and 6am.
- Additional maid service available at EUR 10/hour.
- Cook service available on advance request.
- Transfer from Heraklion Airport to the villa (one way) available from EUR 330 (up to 16 guests). A supplement may apply for transfers at night time.
- We are also able to arrange all manner of additional activities to enhance your villa experience. Please contact your A&K Villas Travel Consultant for further information.
- Please note that in case of cancellation all confirmed services are non refundable.
- KINDLY NOTE:
- The villa is located on a hillside in order to benefit from the best possible views, therefore the road approaching the property is fairly steep. Villa Cien and its sister property Villa Cienta share the same entrance gate to the grounds but have individual car parks.
- We'd like to make you aware that a neighbouring property is located behind Villa Cien's entrance courtyard but on a higher level and with no views onto the outdoor pool and dining areas.
- Due to the terraced nature of the grounds with various drops and due to a number of low terrace walls and staircases without railings, some might find the property unsuitable for young children.
TIME ZONE Greece operates on GMT + 2 hours.
LANGUAGE Modern Greek (as opposed to Ancient) is the national language of Greece. Vernacular speech contains many borrowings from foreign languages, including Italian, French, Turkish and English, so you may hear some familiar words in everyday speech. “Tourist Police” whose lapel badges picture a Union Jack or American flag speak English. In Greece, people whose work brings them into contact with visitors from overseas are generally excellent English speakers.
CURRENCY The Euro, divided into 100 Cents.
MONEY MATTERS Travellers cheques can easily be converted into Euros; some larger stores will take them as payment. Smaller denominations are preferred. Major credit cards are widely accepted (though American Express less so) and ATM access is widespread.
TIPPING Like most European countries, tipping in restaurants is common, with a recommended 10% on a discretionary basis according to service. Check that a service charge has not been added to your bill before deciding whether to tip. Taxi drivers do not usually expect a tip but it is common practice and considered polite to round up taxi fares.
WEATHER Greece enjoys a typically Mediterranean climate, with hot, dry summers and cool, occasionally wet winters. Summer temperatures can reach the upwards of 90 degrees Fahrenheit and sun protection in the form of sun cream, a sun hat and lightweight clothing is recommended.
CLOTHING Style is fairly casual throughout Greece though in more rural areas and during Easter more conservative dress may be observed, for example covered shoulders. Cathedrals, churches and other religious sites require conservative dress. Both sexes should cover their arms, legs and shoulders. Cotton and other light fabrics are comfortable choices for summertime as the heat can be extreme during summer months. You are advised to take lightweight light coloured items, including a sun hat to protect your skin from the affects of sun damage. Spring and autumn temperatures dictate light to medium-weight clothing selections and in winter you will need a pullover and a coat. When dining at better restaurants and for any special occasion during your journey, dress is more formal. For gentlemen, a “jacket and tie” standard is appropriate, with an equivalent standard of eveningwear for ladies. Bring comfortable walking shoes with low or no heels.
HEALTH For up to date information on latest health and vaccination recommendations, please contact your doctor.
ELECTRICITY Electrical service is supplied at 220 volts/50 hertz.