Situated in a peaceful and unspoilt part of mainland Greece, this beautiful villa is only a short drive from Athens, just a 5-10 minute drive from fantastic beaches. With its large freshwater pool and full-size tennis court, it makes the perfect choice for a relaxing family holiday and is a favourite with our return clients.
Villa Lagonisi is located amongst olive groves and vineyards, with extensive gardens and lawn area, matched by its spacious and comfortable interiors. Bedrooms are air-conditioned, making for cool, comfortable evenings. There are excellent sea and mountain views from the house and you are only a 40 minute drive from all the attractions of ancient Athens, famous for its museums and archaeological sites. A wide range of activities and excursions are available from Villa Lagonisi, including day trips to Athens, Corinth and Nafplion, boat cruises, scuba diving, helicopter trips and golf. The owners live locally and are on hand to provide advice and help throughout your stay. Lagonisi itself has plenty of restaurants and lovely beaches.
- Ground Floor: Main lounge with satellite TV, dining area and open-plan kitchen; Sitting room with upright piano and satellite TV; Glass-roofed conservatory, fully air-conditioned; Self-contained air-conditioned apartment, with double bedroom, kitchen, en-suite bathroom (bath and shower attachment); Guest WC.
- First Floor: Master double bedroom with en-suite bathroom (bath and separate shower); Double bedroom with en-suite shower room and TV; Double/twin bedroom and double bedroom sharing a bathroom with bath and shower attachment; These rooms have access to terraces.
- Second Floor: Studio space with double bed, ideal for children.
- All bedrooms have air-conditioning.
- Air Conditioning (Partial)
- Barbecue Facilities
- CD Player
- Central Heating
- DVD Player
- Fans Available
- Gym Equipment
- Internet Access (USB/Card)
- Mosquito Nets/Fly screens
- Swimming Pool
- Tennis Court
- TV (Satellite TV with English Channels)
SUGGESTED GENERAL ACTIVITIES
- Take a boat across to the island of Poros (from Galatas)
- Take a boat across to the island of Hydra (from Galatas)
- Explore the ancient Acropolis with your own private guide. The site includes the famous Parthenon, the Acropolis Museum and the Theatre of Herodes Atticus
- Take an excursion to Corinth to see the Temple of Apollo and the famous Corinth Canal
SUGGESTED SPORTING ACTIVITIES
- Scuba diving
- Water sports
SELECTION OF LOCAL ATTRACTIONS:
- Athens, National Archeological Museum
- Athens, Museum of Cycladic Art
- Athens, Benáki Museum
- Nafplion, Archaeological Museum (from Galatas)
- Epidauros, Sanctuary of Asklepios (from Galatas)
- Sounion, Temple of Poseidon (from Lagonisi)
|< Previous Month||July 2015||Next Month >|
- Villas are normally rented on a Saturday to Saturday basis throughout the year, however, shorter breaks and/or alternative arrival dates are available at some villas during low and mid season.
- The standard season dates for 2012 are:
High Season –30th June to 31st August 2012
Mid Season –19th May to 29th June 2012 & 01st September to 28th September 2012
Low Season –07th January to 18th May 2012 & 29th September 2012 to 05th January 2013
- There may be some variations on the above dates at selected villas, details of which can be provided by your Abercrombie & Kent Villas Consultant.
- Please note that the standard check-in time at our properties is between 4-7pm and that we ask guests to vacate the property by 10am on departure day, unless otherwise agreed in advance.
- Closest shops/restaurants: 5-minute drive
- Nearest airport: Athens airport, 25-minute drive
- Relevant distances: nearest beach - 5 to 10-minute drive, horse riding and watersports - 5-minute drive,
golf - 30minute drive
Rates available on request.
The above rates are on a per villa, per week basis. For further information on our villa only and A&K hosted services please see our 'Villa Rental Options' page. An A&K Villas Travel Consultant will be happy to discuss your specific holiday needs – simply complete the quick ‘Make an Enquiry’ form or call us on 0845 618 2205.
- Cost of utilities including water, gas and electricity.
- Maid service 4 hours a day 3 days a week.
- Starter set of pool towels, household and bed linen.
- Final Cleaning.
- Air-conditioning in all bedrooms.
- Tennis Court (Asphalt surface) - rackets and balls are provided.
- Extra maid service available on request at €15/hour.
- Catering Service available on request.
- Central Heating as per consumption.
- USB internet as per consumption.
- Airport arrival Meet and Greet on request.
Greece operates on GMT + 2 hours.
Modern Greek (as opposed to Ancient) is the national language of Greece. Vernacular speech contains many borrowings from foreign languages, including Italian, French, Turkish and English, so you may hear some familiar words in everyday speech. “Tourist Police” whose lapel badges picture a Union Jack or American flag speak English. In Greece, people whose work brings them into contact with visitors from overseas are generally excellent English speakers.
The Euro, divided into 100 Cents.
Travellers cheques can easily be converted into Euros; some larger stores will take them as payment. Smaller denominations are preferred. Major credit cards are widely accepted (though American Express less so) and ATM access is widespread.
Like most European countries, tipping in restaurants is common, with a recommended 10% on a discretionary basis according to service. Check that a service charge has not been added to your bill before deciding whether to tip. Taxi drivers do not usually expect a tip but it is common practice and considered polite to round up taxi fares.
Greece enjoys a typically Mediterranean climate, with hot, dry summers and cool, occasionally wet winters. Summer temperatures can reach the upwards of 90 degrees Fahrenheit and sun protection in the form of sun cream, a sun hat and lightweight clothing is recommended.
Style is fairly casual throughout Greece though in more rural areas and during Easter more conservative dress may be observed, for example covered shoulders. Cathedrals, churches and other religious sites require conservative dress. Both sexes should cover their arms, legs and shoulders. Cotton and other light fabrics are comfortable choices for summertime as the heat can be extreme during summer months. You are advised to take lightweight light coloured items, including a sun hat to protect your skin from the affects of sun damage. Spring and autumn temperatures dictate light to medium-weight clothing selections and in winter you will need a pullover and a coat. When dining at better restaurants and for any special occasion during your journey, dress is more formal. For gentlemen, a “jacket and tie” standard is appropriate, with an equivalent standard of eveningwear for ladies. Bring comfortable walking shoes with low or no heels.
For up to date information on latest health and vaccination recommendations, please contact your doctor.
Electrical service is supplied at 220 volts/50 hertz.