Set within magnificent grounds and an imperious setting, we are proud to offer Casa na Colina as a fantastic family property. With facilities for young and old, Casa na Colina has a style to satisfy the most discerning of guests. Located close to the historic town of Loulé and set in large landscaped grounds, this rural hideaway is ideal for those wishing to be close to all the attractions of the Algarve while enjoying complete peace, tranquillity and privacy.
Completely renovated and lovingly remodelled last winter, this villa is equipped to the highest of standards and provides all the home comforts you could possibly need to enjoy your Algarve escape. The interior is decorated in an elegant and contemporary style, and there are plenty of outdoor areas to maximise living in the fresh air. These include a BBQ within a shaded dining area and outdoor lounge with magnificent views toward the ocean. Within the 33,000m² fenced grounds there are several secluded terraces for quiet contemplation, a children's playground, and a thatched roof pergola next to the pool which is ideal for shady lunches whilst enjoying the views. The 12x6m pool can be heated on request at an additional charge, and after a refreshing dip you can dry off in the hammock next to the pool and catch some rays on the pool beds. Offering a world of choice for all age groups, this villa would be well suited to being privately catered. On the ground floor there is an entrance hall which opens to a large open plan dining and lounge area which leads through to a modern and fully equipped kitchen. The living area is furnished in a modern yet cosy style with a large sofa, and includes a dining table with eight place settings. Doors lead out onto an alfresco dining and lounge terrace with stunning vistas of the surrounding hills and villages below. The bedrooms are split over two floors, with three bedrooms on the ground floor while the master suite with its separate dressing area, private terrace and en suite bathroom is situated on the first floor. The lower ground floor houses a fully equipped gym, a home cinema with a great variety of movies to choose from, a pool table and a library stocked with a wide selection of books meaning there truly is something for everyone at Casa na Colina.ng there truly is something for everyone at Casa na Colina.
- Entrance Hall which opens to the large open-plan dining and lounge area and from there to the fully fitted and equipped kitchen (incl. fridge, freezer, gas hob, coffee & espresso machine, wine fridge, extra wide oven, toaster, microwave oven, steamer and dishwasher). You have views over the valley and direct access to the outdoor dining area.
- The living area is furnished in a modern style, with a large sofa, complementary armchairs and dining table with 8 place settings. Satellite TV and a DVD player are provided as well as a Nintendo Wii and a Sony P layStation. Large terrace doors lead onto an al fresco dining and lounge terrace from where you can reach the pool area.
Bedroom 1: King-size bed (1.80m) and en suite bathroom with large shower and private terrace.
Bedroom 2 & 3: One bedroom with King-size bed (1.80m) and one bedroom with twin beds that can be converted into a king-size bed. These two rooms share a family bathroom (bath with shower, toilet and bidet).
Bedroom 4: The master suite has a king-size bed (1.80m), a dressing area, a private terrace with countryside and distant ocean views and an en suite bathroom with large walkin shower.
All bedrooms have wooden floors, ample wardrobe space and individual
Lower Ground Floor:
- Within the lower ground floor there is a fully equipped gym with air-conditioning (treadmill, cross trainer, exercise bike, weights), a home cinema with a great variety of movies to choose from (also with A/C), a pool table and library stocked with a wide selection of books and comfortable seating. A shower, toilet and laundry room can also be found on this floor.
- There are some drops on the grounds and young children require supervision in those areas.
- CCTV is in use at the villa for security reasons.
Suggested General Activities in the Algarve
Spend many sunny days at the Algarve’s superb sandy beaches such as Vilamoura Beach ('Praia da Marina' or 'Praia de Vilamoura'), Falesia Beach, Trafal Beach, Praia de Faro – Mar and many more.
Visit the various picturesque villages, historic towns and bustling cities in the Algarve – those not to miss are Faro, Loule, Alte, Albufeira, Silves Lagoa and Tavira.
Appreciate the regions geographical beauty with a visit to the Ria Formosa Nature Reserve.
Explore the coastline by motor cruiser with a privately hired boat from the nearest harbour.
Relax in the thermal baths at Monchique.
Suggested Sporting Activities in the Algarve
Enjoy a round of golf at one of the many world class courses, such as Vale do Lobo, Vilamoura, Parque da Floresta, Alto Golf, Quinta do Lago, Palmares Golf Course etc.
Suggested Local Attractions in the Algarve
Silves, Silves Castle
Historic town of Loule
Portugal operates on GMT + 0 hours.
Portuguese is the national language of Portugal. Vernacular speech contains borrowings from foreign languages, including English, so you may hear some familiar words in everyday speech. People whose work brings them into contact with visitors from overseas are generally excellent English speakers, especially in the resort areas of the Algarve.
The Euro is the national currency of Portugal. The Euro is divided into 100 Cents. Coins are available in 1 cent, 2 cent, 5 cent, 10 cent, 20 cent, 50, cent , €1 & €2 denominations. Notes are available in €5, €10, €20, €50, €100, €200, €500 denominations.
Major credit cards are widely accepted (though American Express less so) and ATM access is widespread. Travellers cheques however might not be accepted everywhere.
TIPPING IN PORTUGAL
Like most European countries, tipping in restaurants is common, with a recommended 10% on a discretionary basis according to service. Check that a service charge has not been added to your bill before deciding whether to tip. Taxi drivers do not usually expect a tip but it is common practice and considered polite to round up taxi fares.
WEATHER IN PORTUGAL
Portugal enjoys a typically Mediterranean climate, with hot, dry summers and cool, occasionally wet winters. Summer temperatures can reach the upwards of 90 degrees Fahrenheit and sun protection in the form of sun cream, a sun hat and lightweight clothing is recommended.
CLOTHING IN PORTUGAL
Style is fairly casual throughout Portugal though in more rural areas and during Easter more conservative dress may be observed, for example, covered shoulders. Cathedrals, churches and other religious sites require conservative dress. Both sexes should cover their arms, legs and shoulders. Cotton and other light fabrics are comfortable choices for summertime as the heat can be extreme during summer months. You are advised to take lightweight light coloured items, including a sun hat to protect your skin from the affects of sun damage. Spring and autumn temperatures dictate light to medium-weight clothing selections and in winter you will need a pullover and jacket. When dining at better restaurants and for any special occasion during your journey, dress is more formal. For gentlemen, a “jacket and tie” standard is appropriate, with an equivalent standard of eveningwear for ladies. Some golf courses have a dress code and you are advised to check in advance. Your Abercrombie & Kent Villas Consultant will be happy to assist.
For up to date information on latest health and vaccination recommendations, please contact your doctor.
ELECTRICITY SUPPLY IN PORTUGAL
Electrical service is supplied at 220 volts/50 hertz.
- Nearest Town: Loule town with its supermarkets, shops, restaurants and a lively daily market is only a 5-minute drive from the villa.
- Nearest Beach: Approx. 20-minute drive to e.g. Vilamoura, Quarteira, Vale do Lobo and Ancão.
- Nearest Airport: Faro airport is 20-minute drive from the villa.
- Nearest Golf Course: The nearest golf courses are in Vilamoura (Vila Sol course and all Oceanico courses). The courses at Quinta do Lago and Vale do Lobo are also within easy reach.
Please note that the location on this map is an approximate guide, normally to the closest town/village.