Quinta dos Pais
Oozing rustic charm and authenticity, a rural retreat, lovingly restored, chosen by us for its comfortable feel, tasteful interiors and sun-drenched terrace.
Quinta dos Pais is a traditional farmhouse that has been lovingly converted by the architect owner and his wife. Surrounded by citrus and olive groves, it is set in a sleepy hamlet with unspoilt country views.
Quinta dos Pais is an excellent example of a traditional farmhouse with comfortable style, set in rolling hills and only a 10-minute drive from the golf courses and beaches of Vale do Lobo and Quinta do Lago and the marina and golf courses of Vilamoura. The 4 bedroom house offers a relaxing base to unwind around the pool or explore the many sights of the Algarve. The interior is light and airy with many traditional features including shutters, reclaimed door lintels, fireplace and antique furnishings combined with under floor heating, air conditioning in the living room and south-facing bedrooms, satellite TV and modern kitchen appliances. Outdoor living is easy here with a large dining table and chairs on a shady terrace looking out over the pool. The house has been furnished in a country-style with traditional fabrics mixed with modern art works and a fine collection of antique plate racks.
Floorings throughout are traditional ladrilhos terracotta tiles that are brick shaped.
Ground Floor – One floor only
- Entrance hall, guest cloakroom with WC & wash basin
- Store cupboard – large, ideal for golf clubs, drying towels, suitcases, buggies and coats
- Living room open to the hall on one side and onto the large terrace on the other, 2 A/C units, fireplace, plasma TV with satellite channels, DVD & CD player
- Kitchen is open to the living room fully fitted with American-style fridge-freezer, dishwasher, microwave, oven, blender and table for 4 guests
- Separate utility room with washing machine and dryer and linen store
- Bedroom 1 is a king bed with dressing area and en-suite bathroom – with a shower, WC and basin, A/C and an external door to the terrace and pool.
- Bedroom 2 has a double bed (1.60m) and en-suite bathroom with shower, WC and basin, A/C and external doors to the terrace and pool
- Bedroom 3 has 2 twin single beds and has a door leading to a small courtyard and access to the front pool terrace.
- Bedroom 4 has 2 twin single beds that can be converted into a king-double bed
- Bedroom 3 and 4 share a bathroom with shower, WC and basin. Please note that these two bedrooms don't have A/C units.
All windows and doors have traditional shutters which have netting to deter mosquitos.
- The pool terrace is walled but the infinity pool edge is a drop.
- The road access is paved apart from the last 100m which is compacted gravel dirt. The access road is country- style and narrow for approximately half a mile.
- Air-Conditioning (Partial)
- CD Player
- Central Heating
- DVD Player
- Hair dryer
- Iron & Ironing Board
- Library of CDs
- Library of DVDs
- Mosquito Nets/ Fly screens
- Outdoor dining area
- Pool Heating
- Pool Security Cover
- Satellite TV with English Channels
- Washing machine
- Wireless broadband internet