Select a Destination
The Maroma Estate
01242 547 705
to speak to a specialist
Málaga Province | Bedrooms: 7 | Sleeps: 14
Rates: from £7,465 per week
On a hilltop perch with views over the Mediterranean to the Moroccan coast, nestled at the intersection of three mountain ranges, La Maroma Estate sets a new standard for the private luxury villa rental, offering experiences to remember for life. With all the luxury and attention of a five star hotel, La Maroma Estate offers a striking advantage: serene, exclusive privacy where every visit is bespoke. The ten acre hilltop estate comprises two stylish rental properties, La Maroma sleeping eight and La Caceria Lodge sleeping six. Walled in and separated by mature gardens, the properties are far enough apart to ensure privacy individually, but close enough to share for a grand occupancy of the entire estate for up to fourteen people - perfect for that special event in style!
accommodation available on the estate
- A small entrance hall opens onto the main living room with fireplace and Wi-Fi access.
- Dining room, seating 8, with fireplace and Lacanche, gourmet range cooker.
- A fully equipped kitchen includes Siemens appliances, American-style refrigerator/freezer with ice maker and filtered water dispenser.
- Bedroom 1 with 160cm bed and hand-stitched Suzani tapestry headboard, local antique Spanish chest of drawers and en-suite bathroom with shower.
- Bedroom 2 with 180cm bed that can be made up as two singles, also with hand-stitched Suzani tapestry headboard and a built-in dressing table and wardrobe
- Bedroom 3 with 180cm bed that can be made up as two singles.
- Bedrooms 2 and 3 share an adjacent bathroom with large tub, bidet and shower.
- Further down the corridor is another WC and a utility closet with washing machine. Beyond, the corridor exits into the courtyard gallery, off which sits the library and drawing room.
- The master bedroom with 160 cm bed and another Suzani tapestry, also has double doors opening onto a private terrace garden, complete with sea views, shaded sunloungers and an outdoor shower.
The master bathroom has a large enclosed (hammam-style) tub with shower.
- The library is a naturally well-lit reading room with a well-stocked wall of books and comfortable seating. A travertine marble desk serves as a work space here with Wi-Fi and other office facilities.
From one side, the library opens directly to the centre of the courtyard and to the other side an enclosed lounge terrace with HD satellite television.
This terrace shares a door with the adjacent drawing room terrace, a large, open (shaded) terrace with views to the sea and an oversized open fireplace.
- The attached drawing room shares the chimney for an indoor/outdoor fireplace, creating the appearance of a combined indoor/outdoor living space. The drawing room with pantry and fridge is decorated with Spanish antiques and a Chesterfield sofa for a sophisticated wind down at the end of the evening.
Please note that there is a 2m deep drop at the one side of the pool, therefore young children require supervision by an adult at all times. The pool area can be gated on advance request.
La caceria lodge
- The interior of the newly renovated property reveals a somewhat bohemian style with art deco furniture, local art and modern touches adorning a light and airy 100 square metre open plan living space. At one end lies the fully equipped gourmet kitchen with an attached dining room looking to the valley below and the Mediterranean Sea beyond.
- Central to the living space is a cosy fireplace, cocktail bar and high-tech entertainment system, including a videogame system. Along with the fireplace, underfloor heating and air conditioning throughout the villa ensure comfort for all seasons, while solar panels and a highly efficient heat pump system ensure a minimal carbon footprint.
- Though all three bedrooms are supremely comfortable, each en suite and one with a private sitting room, the master bedroom suite is pure luxury. Here you’ll find a spacious marble clad bathroom with both a large bath and separate shower room, television entertainment system and a private covered terrace and garden with sun loungers or taking in the south facing views over the Mediterranean.
Young children require constant supervision by an adult. There are several steps and some drops on the grounds due to the hillside location of the property.
available VILLA PACKAGES
Well-being is taken seriously at La Maroma Estate. Our Epicurean Spa Break provides the opportunity to pamper yourself with fine (but healthy) dining based on locally produced fare provided by a private chef as well indulging in an aromatherapy massage tailored to your own well-being. Ideal as a rejuvenating short break or as part of week-long holiday, this is the indulgence you've been promising yourself. For more details and rates, please email us: Enquiries
Another special package for La Maroma Estate is our popular "Cocina Nueva". The highlight of this 4-night break is an wonderful 6-course feast and a guided tour of an lively historic market which dates back to 14th century, and is stocked full of organic local produce from long-established family traders. Tapas and wine await your arrival, what better way to arrive at your luxury Spanish villa? For more details and rates, please email us: Enquiries
Additionally, our Instant Unwind package has been thoughtfully designed to complement the independence you crave in a villa break, with luxury services you would expect from a fine spa hotel. You will receive (additional price from €550):
- Organic produce, including a 10kg fruit & vegetable box
- Shopping service for any additional provisions you would like waiting on arrival (cost of groceries not included)
- Fresh flower arrangements
- Wine tasting & tapas on greeting
- Private 4 course gourmet dinner for two with top-of-the-world views by villa chef David Palacios (supplement per additional guest - €45 per person)
- Individual spa treatment: rejuvenating aromatherapy back & shoulder massage combined with an aromatherapy facial for two (supplement per additional guest - €65 per person)
- Welcome hamper with local Spanish delicacies and basic provisions
- Organic spa/bath products
- Access to the on-site wine bodega stocked with local Spanish wines (wine extra)
- Wood for the indoor/outdoor fireplaces & candles
Furthermore, La Maroma Estate is proud to present an exciting new experiential travel opportunity: the “Gardens & Gastronomy” tour of Andalucia. This cultural and culinary package pairs tours of some of Andalucia’s oldest, most impressive and important gardens with gastronomic explorations to highlight the culinary influences of Andalucia’s three historic cultures.
Included in the gardens tour are the Generalife at the Alhambra, the Alcazar gardens at the Palace of the Catholic Kings in Cordoba, La Concepcion botanical gardens in Malaga and a unique once-a-year opportunity to tour the lush and colourful private courtyards of Cordoba. La Maroma will also recommend local walking tours and offer a personal tour of the gardens and landscapes of the private country estate. The hosts at La Maroma Estate will also present recommendations for restaurants in each of the garden touties, wir cith tips on specialty dishes representing the city and their origins from Moorish, Christian or Jewish culinary traditions.
Finally, we recommend a stay at La Maroma Estate during harvest time. Food is really at the centre of much of what is done at La Maroma Estate, where the next feast is being planned as the last one concludes. The harvest time in La Axarquia is therefore especially exciting, so we have outlined a sample itinerary and inclusions for a harvest holiday at La Maroma Estate. Moreover, depending on the exact time of year, we can arrange for you to take part in the grape or olive harvests alongside the professionals.
La Maroma Este is set on a private hilltop, accessible by scenic and sometimes narrow and winding but paved mountain roads between the two nearby villages.
- Closest shops/restaurants: Canillas de Aceituno 4km
- Nearest village/town: Canillas de Aceituno 4km
- Other village/towns close-by: Alcaucín 4km
- Nearest airport: Malaga (Airport) 65km
- Nearest beach: Torre del Mar 25km; half an hour drive
*Please note that the location on this map is an approximate guide, normally to the closest town/village.
|< Previous Month||September 2016||Next Month >|
- Villas are normally rented on a Saturday to Saturday basis throughout the year. However, shorter breaks and/or alternative arrival days are available at some villas during Low and Mid seasons.
- Please note that the standard check-in time at our properties is between 4-7pm and that we ask guests to vacate the property by 10am on departure day, unless otherwise agreed in advance.
- The above rates are on a per villa, per week basis. For further information on our Villa Only and A&K Hosted services please see our 'Villa Rental Options' page. An A&K Villas Travel Consultant will be happy to discuss your specific holiday needs - simply complete the quick 'Make an Enquiry' form or call us on 0845 618 2205.
- Cost of utilities including water, gas and electricity.
- Maid service 4 hours on Wednesday.
- Arrival set of pool towels, household and bed linen (with mid-weekly change).
- Final Cleaning.
- Wi-Fi Broadband internet (4MB/sec download speed).
- Full Air-conditioning.
- Underfloor Heating and firewood.
- 2 private swimming pools: La Maroma's pool (40 square metres, kidney-shaped), can be gated on request. Caceria's pool (8x5m) can be gated and heated on request (at extra cost).
- Heating for La Caceria Lodge's pool at EUR 150/week (max. water temperature 28 degrees, subject to weather conditions).
- Extra maid service available on request at EUR 18/hour.
- A pre-arrival grocery shopping service is available on advance request. A service fee of EUR 70 will be charged locally plus the cost of groceries. This service covers up to EUR 200 worth of groceries.
- Chef Service available on advance request. Please enquire about pricing.
- Please note that in case of cancellation all confirmed services are non refundable.
- KINDLY NOTE:
- Please note that the property is located on a hill and that there are various drops on the grounds, hence young children require contant supervision by an adult. The pool areas can be gated on advance request.
Because everyone’s concept of a villa holiday is different, we have created a formula designed to offer privacy, flexibility and the freedom to run your own holiday or call upon us to help open up a world of possibilities. Our villas are normally rented on a villa-only weekly basis and are ideal for those seeking independence and privacy. We’re on call in case you need us and we provide a change of towels and bed linen during the week, but otherwise there no inclusions.
A&K Concierge upgrade
For additional support, comfort and a slice of pampering why not upgrade to our A&K Concierge service. Included is an airport welcome on arrival with assistance for onward transportation; the services of an A&K Concierge – whose local knowledge provides you with invaluable assistance and recommendations; an orientation of the local area; a fully stocked drinks fridge; maid service; the ingredients for your first evening’s supper and breakfast delivered on the first morning of your stay. For full details of concierge inclusions speak to an A&K Travel Consultant on 0845 618 2205.
The finishing touches
Ever dreamt of driving through the Chianti hills in a red Ferrari, or along the Moyenne Corniche to Monaco in a Bentley? How about sailing along the Cote d'Azur to St Tropez in a private yacht or speed boat? Sometimes the home is all that you need, but if you're lured into culture, excitement, activity, improving your cooking or simply dabbling in landscapes, then speak to one of our Villa Specialists for an insight into what we can arrange. These are what we call our ‘Finishing Touches’.
The list is by no means exhaustive and we always welcome requests, however obscure you may think they are! Our local offices enable us to control the quality of the services on offer and the depth of knowledge our local teams have is impressive. Our aim is to provide guests with the authentic sights, flavours and experiences of the region they are staying in.
If you would prefer to discuss your specific requirements, whether it’s in relation to the property or about your stay in general, please do contact us using the Enquire page or please do give us a call for a chat.
- Air Conditioning
- Barbecue Facilities
- Central Heating
- Coffee Machine (Espresso)
- Dining Area (Outdoor)
- DVD Player
- Internet Access (Wireless Broadband)
- iPod Docking Station (iPod Included)
- Mosquito Nets/Fly Screens
- Swimming Pool
- TV (Cable/Satellite)
- Washing Machine
Book this holiday and collect Avios
Reasons to book your holiday with us
- Over 50 years' experience
- 24/7 support before, during and after your stay
- All of our properties have been hand-picked and visited by a member of the team
- Travel Consultants are based in the UK with local offices to assist with planning every detail of your stay
- Option to upgrade to a Concierge stay to make the most of your visit
- Option to book additional trips and services via our local offices
Your favourites will appear here.