Set on a private hilltop in Andalucía, with grounds sloping away on three sides, La Maroma enjoys panoramic views to the sea over almond and olive groves and the estate's own private vineyard. The optional service oriented focus and the location amongst the historic whitewashed villages encourage cultural and culinary explorations in this romantic and beautiful setting where guests can live like a well-connected local.
The cortijo (a Spanish farmstead) has been newly renovated in rustic-chic style to provide modern luxuries and comfort, but still maintains the traditional Andalucían architecture of its heritage. The interior design has been carefully planned using feng shui principles and sympathetic to local custom, featuring many Spanish antiques and locally made hand-crafted furnishings. Touches such as hand-stitched Suzani tapestries above the beds lend elegance, while the many private indoor and outdoor lounges, terraces and pool maximize the relaxation potential and take full advantage of the surrounding views. Outdoors, a variety of private terraces, dotted around the property, along with formal and informal gardens full of Mediterranean and exotic plants and trees, add to the overall sense of space and relaxation.
- A small entrance hall opens onto the main living room with fireplace and Wi-Fi access.
- Dining room, seating 8, with fireplace and Lacanche, gourmet range cooker.
- A fully equipped kitchen includes Siemens appliances, American-style refrigerator/freezer with ice maker and filtered water dispenser.
- Bedroom 1 with 140cm bed and hand-stitched Suzani tapestry headboard, local antique Spanish chest of drawers and en-suite bathroom with shower.
- Bedroom 2 with 180cm bed that can be made up as two singles, also with hand-stitched Suzani tapestry headboard and a built-in dressing table and wardrobe
- Bedroom 3 with 180cm bed that can be made up as two singles.
- Bedrooms 2 and 3 share an adjacent bathroom with large tub, bidet and shower.
- Further down the corridor is another WC and a utility closet with washing machine. Beyond, the corridor exits into the courtyard gallery, off which sits the library and drawing room.
- The master bedroom with 160 cm bed and another Suzani tapestry, also has double doors opening onto a private terrace garden, complete with sea views, shaded sunloungers and an outdoor shower.
The master bathroom has a large enclosed (hammam-style) tub with shower.
- The library is a naturally well-lit reading room with a well-stocked wall of books and comfortable seating. A travertine marble desk serves as a work space here with Wi-Fi and other office facilities.
From one side, the library opens directly to the centre of the courtyard and to the other side an enclosed lounge terrace with HD satellite television.
This terrace shares a door with the adjacent drawing room terrace, a large, open (shaded) terrace with views to the sea and an oversized open fireplace.
- The attached drawing room shares the chimney for an indoor/outdoor fireplace, creating the appearance of a combined indoor/outdoor living space. The drawing room with pantry and fridge is decorated with Spanish antiques and a Chesterfield sofa for a sophisticated wind down at the end of the evening.
Well-being is taken seriously at La Maroma. Our Epicurean Spa Break provides the opportunity to pamper yourself with fine (but healthy) dining based on locally produced fare provided by a private chef as well indulging in an aromatherapy massage tailored to your own well-being. Ideal as a rejuvenating short break or as part of week-long holiday, this is the indulgence you've been promising yourself. For more details and rates, please email us: Enquiries
Another special package for La Maroma is our popular "Cocina Nueva". The highlight of this 4-night break is an wonderful 6-course feast and a guided tour of an lively historic market which dates back to 14th century, and is stocked full of organic local produce from long-established family traders. Tapas and wine await your arrival, what better way to arrive at your luxury Spanish villa? For more details and rates, please email us: Enquiries
Additionally, our Instant Unwind package has been thoughtfully designed to complement the independence you crave in a villa break, with luxury services you would expect from a fine spa hotel. For a further €550 per booking, you will receive:
- Organic produce, including a 10kg fruit & vegetable box
- Shopping service for any additional provisions you would like waiting on arrival (cost of groceries not included)
- Fresh flower arrangements
- Wine tasting & tapas on greeting
- Private 4 course gourmet dinner for two with top-of-the-world views by villa chef David Palacios (supplement per additional guest - €45 per person)
- Individual spa treatment: rejuvenating aromatherapy back & shoulder massage combined with an aromatherapy facial for two (supplement per additional guest - €65 per person)
- Welcome hamper with local Spanish delicacies and basic provisions
- Organic spa/bath products
- Access to the on-site wine bodega stocked with local Spanish wines (wine extra)
- Wood for the indoor/outdoor fireplaces & candles
Furthermore, La Maroma is proud to present an exciting new experiential travel opportunity: the “Gardens & Gastronomy” tour of Andalucia. This cultural and culinary package pairs tours of some of Andalucia’s oldest, most impressive and important gardens with gastronomic explorations to highlight the culinary influences of Andalucia’s three historic cultures.
Included in the gardens tour are the Generalife at the Alhambra, the Alcazar gardens at the Palace of the Catholic Kings in Cordoba, La Concepcion botanical gardens in Malaga and a unique once-a-year opportunity to tour the lush and colourful private courtyards of Cordoba. La Maroma will also recommend local walking tours and offer a personal tour of the gardens and landscapes of the private country estate. The hosts at La Maroma will also present recommendations for restaurants in each of the garden touties, wir cith tips on specialty dishes representing the city and their origins from Moorish, Christian or Jewish culinary traditions.
Finally, we recommend a stay at La Maroma during harvest time. Food is really at the centre of much of what is done at La Maroma, where the next feast is being planned as the last one concludes. The harvest time in La Axarquia is therefore especially exciting, so we have outlined a sample itinerary and inclusions for a harvest holiday at La Maroma. Moreover, depending on the exact time of year, we can arrange for you to take part in the grape or olive harvests alongside the professionals.
- Air-Conditioning (Full)
- Children's toys
- Computer games console
- DVD Player
- Espresso machine
- Hair dryer
- iPod docking station (iPod included)
- Iron & Ironing Board
- Library of DVDs
- Mosquito Nets/ Fly screens
- Outdoor dining area
- Pool - Fenced/Gated
- Satellite TV with English Channels
- Under Floor Heating
- Washing machine
- Wireless broadband internet