Casa de Canada is an all time favorite amongst our clients and a very beautiful traditional Majorcan finca set in the countryside between Port de Pollença and Alcúdia. It has incredible views with the sea in the distance. It has a lovely large private garden with palms and spacious lawns which surround the finca and makes it an ideal retreat for families.
One of the prettiest towns in Majorca, Pollença can be found inland about four miles from the coast. Unlike its twin town of Port de Pollença, the hill town has not been overly developed and retains all of its old-world charm and character, from its imposing churches to an array of eateries, some of which specialise in local produce and tapas.
Also worth a visit is the beach at nearby Cala Sant Vicenç, far less busy than Port de Pollença, the colour of the water here is quite breathtaking.
Casa de Canada features traditional beamed ceilings, terracotta and stone floors, a large conservatory breakfast room and a vine covered terrace to the rear, both suitable for al fresco dining. Adjacent to the 14.5m x 5m pool there is a summer kitchen with a large, covered built-in barbecue area with terracing and electric sun awning.
- Living/dining room with fireplace, TV area and doors to a large conservatory breakfast room with refectory table.
- Fully equipped small kitchen.
- Utility room.
- Bedroom 1: Double bedroomwith four-poster bed, en-suite bathroom with full-size bath and large separate walk-in shower, opening onto private terrace.
- Communal bathroom.
- Bedroom 2: Master bedroom with antique double bed, flat-screen TV and en-suite bathroom with full-size bath and large separate walk-in shower, opening to a large private balcony.
- Bedroom 3 & 4: Two twin bedrooms sharing a bathroom with full-size bath and large separate walk-in shower (all bedrooms are air-conditioned and the house is fully centrally heated).
• Sant Sebastiàn (Religious Festival - Palma)
• San Antoni Abat (Religious Festival)
• Carnival (Pollensa)
• Regatta (Sailing Competition - Palma
• Fira Del Ram (Amusement Park - Palma)
• Les Valentes Dones (Festival - Soller)
• Nit de Foc (Festival - Palma)
• Cala d'Or International Jazz Festival (Cala d'Or)
• Inca's patron saints' days' feast (Inca)
• The Pollensa International Music Festival (Pollensa)
• Summer Music Festival (Capdepera)
• Fiesta of la Mare de Déu del Mar (Sporting and Music Events, Procession - Cala d'Or)
• Fiestas de San Agustín (Concerts, Street bands and Sporting Events - Felantix)
• Sant Bartomeu patron saint festivities (Festival - Montuïri)
• Cançons de la Mediterrània (Music Festival - Parc de la Mar)
• Chopin Festival (Concerts and Exhibitions - Valldemossa)
• La Beata Festival (Santa Margalida)
• Majorca's Diada celebration
• Ballett Season (Palma)
• Pollensa Fair (Pollensa)
• The Feast of Santa Lucia (Palma)
General Activities in Majorca
- Soller Train - take a trip through Palma and over the mountains, enjoying the beatiful scenery, to the town of Soller and continue with the 'San Francisco Tram' to the port
- Fornells - head to Fornells, a small fishing village located towards the north of the island, and enjoy some fresh seafood at one of the fish restaurants the village is famous for
Sporting Activties in Majorca
- Diving - Diving Centres are located in Porto Colom
- Mountain Biking - rent a bike and discover The Balearics by bike
- Windsurfing/Kite-surfing - you will find various surfing schools on Majorca
- Rock-Climbing - there are climbing possibilties near Bunyola (Majorca)
- Golf - Majorca is home to some excellent golf courses, especially around Pollensa in the north-west of the sland
local Attractions in majorca
- Portals Nous, Marineland - Open all year round
- Magaluf, Nemo Submarine - Open from December to October
- Palma, Placa Major
- Palma, Cathedral of Palma - Open all year round
- Palma, Museum of Mallorca - Open all year round
Practical information for your villa holiday in majorca
GMT +1 hour
The Euro (€) is the official currency of Majorca. Coins are available in 1 cent, 2 cent, 5 cent, 10 cent, 20 cent, 50, cent , €1 & €2 denominations. Notes are available in €5, €10, €20, €50, €100, €200, €500 denominations.
Travellers cheques are widely accepted for exchange or purchase in major cities, but in more rural areas, visit a bank to exchange them for Euros. Major credit cards are widely accepted here (though a limited number of merchants have American Express accounts) and ATM access is widespread.
Exchange currency only at authorized outlets such as banks and hotels, and exchange only what you think you will spend in-country. Coins cannot be reconverted on departure.
Save all receipts from any currency exchange transaction. You may be asked to produce them when you exit the country, and they are required if you intend to reconvert local currency.
Tipping in Majorca
The Spaniards are fairly relaxed about tipping etiquette. However service is not usually included in restaurants and it is common practice to leave the spare change, or up to 10% of the total in a smarter restaurant. Taxi drivers and bartenders may be tipped less. Many petrol stations are not self service, however it is not usual to tip the station attendant.
Arrival & Departure Formalities
Travel documents are your responsibility. In general you should have:
- A signed, valid passport that will remain valid for at least 6 months beyond the completion of your trip. Your passport must have enough blank pages (excluding amendment pages) available for entry and exit stamps issued when entering and exiting immigration points.
- Visas are required for certain nationalities and you are strongly advised to check your status allowing plenty of time for visa application.
Weather in Majorca
During the summer months the islands typically has 11 hours of sunshine each day, average temperature topping 29ºC as well as virtually no rain. Spring's and autumn's temperatures range from 22ºC-28ºC and the region's sunshine is still between 8-10 hours a day. The weather can be unpredictable and much more changeable, with the night-time temperature dropping quite dramatically. The winter brings average temperatures dropping to a cooler 15ºC, and 5 hours of sunshine a day.
It is advisable to contact your doctor before you travel if you have any specific health concerns and take out appropriate travel and medical insurance.
Electricity supply in Majorca
Electrical service in Spain, including Majorca, is supplied at 220-240 volts/50 hertz – a converter/adaptor may be required.
Driving in Majorca
- No right-hand turn on a red light.
- Traffic from the RIGHT has right of way.
- Passport or national ID as well as driver's license,insurance papers and ownership papers must be carried all the time.
- An international driving licence is not required for European citizens. Your locally issued driving licence, as long as it is accompanied by the passport, will suffice.
- National speed limit is 50km (31mph) in towns, 90km (56mph) on secondary non-urban highways (carretera secundaria), 100km (62mph) on dual carriageways (carretera/autovia), 120km (75mph) on motorways (autopista). Speeding fines: 30 – 300 Euros.
- Minimum driving age is 18.
- For use of the highways (autopista) it is often necessary to pay a toll before access. Prices vary and are calculated by the distance of the journey.
- There are strict laws concerning drinking and driving. Blood alcohol levels must not exceed 0,05%. There are random breathalyser tests carried out regularly by the police.
5th October 2014
“We wanted to let you know we had a brilliant holiday. The Finca was gorgeous and everything was as we’d asked for. Caroline (the cook) ended up coming 4 times; she was lovely and served delicious food. Thank you and your colleagues for your excellent care and attention to all our requests - it all ran so smoothly as a result.”
31st May 2014
“What a beautiful villa! Rarely has a place surpassed the photos seen beforehand! We thoroughly enjoyed our week here and spent a great deal of time sitting in the lovely garden. Everything was to hand and our 10 month old was completely safe. We were tempted by another a week but couldn't quite manage it! Perhaps a return next year!”
• Nearest shops/restaurants: Alcúdia, 10-minute drive
• Nearest village/town: Alcúdia, Port de Pollença
• Nearest airport: Palma (airport) 40-minute drive
• Nearest golf course: Alcanada Golf, 4-minute drive
• Nearest beach: 10-minute drive
Please note that the location on this map is an approximate guide, normally to the closest town/village
|< Previous Month
||Next Month >
Casa de Canada is rented on a Friday to Friday basis throughout the year. However, shorter breaks and alternative arrival days might be available outside the High Season. Please contact your Abercrombie & Kent Villa Consultant for further details.
Please note that the standard check-in time at our properties is between 4-7pm and that we ask guests to vacate the property by 10am on departure day, unless otherwise agreed in advance.
- Please note that the changeover day for Casa de Canada is Friday.
- The above rates are on a per villa, per week basis. For further information on our Villa Only and A&K Hosted services please see our 'Villa Rental Options' page. An A&K Villas Travel Consultant will be happy to discuss your specific holiday needs – simply complete the quick ‘Make an Enquiry’ form or call us on 0845 618 2205.
- Cost of utilities including water, gas and electricity.
- Maid service three hours a day on Monday and Wednesday (please note that for 2-week rentals the maid comes on Tuesday and Friday during the first week and on Monday and Wednesday during the second week).
- Arrival set of towels, bed and household linen.
- Final Cleaning.
- Wi-Fi broadband internet.
- Air-conditioning in all bedrooms.
- Central heating.
- Private swimming pool (14.5x5m).
- Pool Heating available on request in advance and at an extra charge of GBP 315/week. Please note that the pool heating is active during the night (with pool cover, max. temperature of approx. 24 degrees, subject to weather conditions).
- Extra maid service available on request at EUR 12/hour per maid.
- Towel and Bed linen change at EUR 120 per change.
- A pre-arrival grocery shopping service is available on advance request. A service fee of EUR 30 will be charged locally plus the cost of groceries. This service covers up to EUR 200 worth of groceries.
- Cook service available on advance request from EUR 38/ hour plus cost of groceries. Pre-payment required for 6 hours of service, groceries payable locally in cash.
- Transfer from Palma Airport to the villa (one way) available from EUR 210 (up to 8 guests). A supplement may apply for transfers at night time.
- We are also able to arrange all manner of additional activities to enhance your villa experience. Please contact your A&K Villas Travel Consultant for further information.
- Please note that in case of cancellation all confirmed services are non refundable.
- KINDLY NOTE:
- Please note that a tourist tax may apply for your villa rental on Mallorca, in which case it will be collected locally on your arrival by a villa staff member. The standard rate in High Season is EUR 1 per person per night (1-9 nights) and EUR 0.50 per person for any additional night.
- CCTV is in use at the villa for security reasons.