Son Fiol is a beautiful old Mallorcan farmhouse dating back to the 17th century and located halfway between the towns of Alaro and Santa Maria. Its quiet setting amongst almond and olive trees and an immaculately landscaped garden featuring a triangular shaped swimming pool allow for pure relaxation and comfort.
Son Fiol is full of history! Not only does it feature an impressive collection of antique furniture and artwork, but the owner also preserved entire rooms including the "Vieja cocina" - the old kitchen with original cooking area - and a small chapel in the courtyard.
Despite the historic character of the building, Son Fiol does not compromise on modern amenities, with Air-conditioning, central heating, a fully-equipped modern kitchen and laundry room, flat-screen TV with Satellite channels, DVD and CD player, etc.
Special attention must be drawn to the stunning triangular shaped salt-water swimming pool with infinity edge and to the beautifully landscaped garden featuring romantic rose arches and a goldfish pond. There is a huge variety of shaded terraces and sunny spots all around the property which invite guests to relax and enjoy a glass of local wine while reading a classic novel or playing a game of chess. Whatever the fancy, this unique villa has something to offer for everyone!
- Entrance courtyard with fountain, shaded sitting area, a small chapel and the gardener's apartment.
- Entrance hall with cloakroom.
Living Areas: Lounge with fireplace, comfy sitting area, high beamed ceiling and doors to outdoor terrace and courtyard. Internal door leading to second salon with piano, sofas and doors to outdoor areas.
Dining Room: Impressive dining room with vaulted stone ceiling, wall tapestry, fireplace and table seating up to 12 guests.
Kitchens: Non-functional “Vieja cocina” (old/historic kitchen) and well-equipped functional kitchen with modern appliances including dishwasher, microwave, fridge-freezer, TV, table (seats 6), etc. Access to laundry room with washing machine and dryer.
Lower Ground Floor:
- Bedroom 1: A spacious bedroom a few steps down from the entrance hall with a 2x2m twin/double bed, access to private terrace and with a spacious en suite bathroom with shower and bath.
TV Room: Spacious room with sofas, TV/DVD and Air-con. Access to covered lounge terrace from where to reach the pool area and garden.
Bedroom 2: with Twin beds (85x190cm each, ideal for children).
Bedroom 3: with Twin/Double bed (180cm).
- Both bedrooms share a small bathroom with bath tub and shower attachment.
Bedroom 4: Two four-poster beds for single occupancy (90cm each) with view over the courtyard and en suite bathroom (bath with shower attachment).
Bedroom 5: Spacious Master bedroom with 2x2m four-poster bed, extra wardrobe space and access to roof terrace. En suite marble bathroom with bath and separate shower.
- Please note that the maid lives discretely in a separate section of the main house (with own entrance).
- There are several water features on the grounds (e.g. wells, ponds, fountains); we therefore recommend that young children are constantly supervised in these areas.
• Sant Sebastiàn (Religious Festival - Palma)
• San Antoni Abat (Religious Festival)
• Carnival (Pollensa)
• Regatta (Sailing Competition - Palma
• Fira Del Ram (Amusement Park - Palma)
• Les Valentes Dones (Festival - Soller)
• Nit de Foc (Festival - Palma)
• Cala d'Or International Jazz Festival (Cala d'Or)
• Inca's patron saints' days' feast (Inca)
• The Pollensa International Music Festival (Pollensa)
• Summer Music Festival (Capdepera)
• Fiesta of la Mare de Déu del Mar (Sporting and Music Events, Procession - Cala d'Or)
• Fiestas de San Agustín (Concerts, Street bands and Sporting Events - Felantix)
• Sant Bartomeu patron saint festivities (Festival - Montuïri)
• Cançons de la Mediterrània (Music Festival - Parc de la Mar)
• Chopin Festival (Concerts and Exhibitions - Valldemossa)
• La Beata Festival (Santa Margalida)
• Majorca's Diada celebration
• Ballett Season (Palma)
• Pollensa Fair (Pollensa)
• The Feast of Santa Lucia (Palma)
General Activities in Majorca
- Soller Train - take a trip through Palma and over the mountains, enjoying the beatiful scenery, to the town of Soller and continue with the 'San Francisco Tram' to the port
- Fornells - head to Fornells, a small fishing village located towards the north of the island, and enjoy some fresh seafood at one of the fish restaurants the village is famous for
Sporting Activties in Majorca
- Diving - Diving Centres are located in Porto Colom
- Mountain Biking - rent a bike and discover The Balearics by bike
- Windsurfing/Kite-surfing - you will find various surfing schools on Majorca
- Rock-Climbing - there are climbing possibilties near Bunyola (Majorca)
- Golf - Majorca is home to some excellent golf courses, especially around Pollensa in the north-west of the sland
local Attractions in majorca
- Portals Nous, Marineland - Open all year round
- Magaluf, Nemo Submarine - Open from December to October
- Palma, Placa Major
- Palma, Cathedral of Palma - Open all year round
- Palma, Museum of Mallorca - Open all year round
Practical information for your villa holiday in majorca
GMT +1 hour
The Euro (€) is the official currency of Majorca. Coins are available in 1 cent, 2 cent, 5 cent, 10 cent, 20 cent, 50, cent , €1 & €2 denominations. Notes are available in €5, €10, €20, €50, €100, €200, €500 denominations.
Travellers cheques are widely accepted for exchange or purchase in major cities, but in more rural areas, visit a bank to exchange them for Euros. Major credit cards are widely accepted here (though a limited number of merchants have American Express accounts) and ATM access is widespread.
Exchange currency only at authorized outlets such as banks and hotels, and exchange only what you think you will spend in-country. Coins cannot be reconverted on departure.
Save all receipts from any currency exchange transaction. You may be asked to produce them when you exit the country, and they are required if you intend to reconvert local currency.
Tipping in Majorca
The Spaniards are fairly relaxed about tipping etiquette. However service is not usually included in restaurants and it is common practice to leave the spare change, or up to 10% of the total in a smarter restaurant. Taxi drivers and bartenders may be tipped less. Many petrol stations are not self service, however it is not usual to tip the station attendant.
Arrival & Departure Formalities
Travel documents are your responsibility. In general you should have:
- A signed, valid passport that will remain valid for at least 6 months beyond the completion of your trip. Your passport must have enough blank pages (excluding amendment pages) available for entry and exit stamps issued when entering and exiting immigration points.
- Visas are required for certain nationalities and you are strongly advised to check your status allowing plenty of time for visa application.
Weather in Majorca
During the summer months the islands typically has 11 hours of sunshine each day, average temperature topping 29ºC as well as virtually no rain. Spring's and autumn's temperatures range from 22ºC-28ºC and the region's sunshine is still between 8-10 hours a day. The weather can be unpredictable and much more changeable, with the night-time temperature dropping quite dramatically. The winter brings average temperatures dropping to a cooler 15ºC, and 5 hours of sunshine a day.
It is advisable to contact your doctor before you travel if you have any specific health concerns and take out appropriate travel and medical insurance.
Electricity supply in Majorca
Electrical service in Spain, including Majorca, is supplied at 220-240 volts/50 hertz – a converter/adaptor may be required.
Driving in Majorca
- No right-hand turn on a red light.
- Traffic from the RIGHT has right of way.
- Passport or national ID as well as driver's license,insurance papers and ownership papers must be carried all the time.
- An international driving licence is not required for European citizens. Your locally issued driving licence, as long as it is accompanied by the passport, will suffice.
- National speed limit is 50km (31mph) in towns, 90km (56mph) on secondary non-urban highways (carretera secundaria), 100km (62mph) on dual carriageways (carretera/autovia), 120km (75mph) on motorways (autopista). Speeding fines: 30 – 300 Euros.
- Minimum driving age is 18.
- For use of the highways (autopista) it is often necessary to pay a toll before access. Prices vary and are calculated by the distance of the journey.
- There are strict laws concerning drinking and driving. Blood alcohol levels must not exceed 0,05%. There are random breathalyser tests carried out regularly by the police.
- The villa is located on a quiet country road between Santa Maria and Alaro.
- Nearest towns with restaurants and shops: 5km to Santa Maria in the South and Alaro to the North
- Nearest beaches: 20km to the beaches in the South
- Nearest golf course: 10km to Son Termens
- Nearest airport: 25km to Palma Airport
- Other distances: 22km to Palma, 30km to Deia, 40km to Pollenca
*Please note that the location on this map is an approximate guide, normally to the closest town/village.
|< Previous Month
||Next Month >
- Villas are normally rented on a Saturday to Saturday basis throughout the year. However, shorter breaks and/or alternative arrival days are available at some villas during Low and Mid seasons.
- Please note that the standard check-in time at our properties is between 4-7pm and that we ask guests to vacate the property by 10am on departure day, unless otherwise agreed in advance.
The above rates are on a per villa, per week basis. For further information on our Villa Only and A&K Hosted services please see our 'Villa Rental Options' page. An A&K Villas Travel Consultant will be happy to discuss your specific holiday needs – simply complete the quick ‘Make an Enquiry’ form or call us on 0845 618 2205.
- Cost of utilities (gas, water, electricity except for the air-conditioning).
- 3 hours maid service on Wednesday.
- Arrival set of pool towels, household and bed linen.
- Final cleaning.
- Wi-Fi internet (6MB download speed, only available in limited areas of the villa).
- Local landline telephone calls.
- Central heating.
- Private salt-water swimming pool (triangular shaped at approx. 14x10m).
- Additional maid and ironing service available at EUR 12/hour.
- Full Air-conditioning available at EUR 0.25/kwh (to be paid locally before departure).
- A pre-arrival grocery shopping service is available on advance request. A service fee of EUR 50 will be charged locally plus the cost of groceries. This service covers up to EUR 200 worth of groceries.
- Cook service available on advance request from EUR 38/ hour plus cost of groceries. Pre-payment required for 6 hours of service, groceries payable locally in cash.
- Transfer from Palma Airport to the villa (one way) available from EUR 165 (up to 10 guests). A supplement may apply for transfers at night time.
- We are also able to arrange all manner of additional activities to enhance your villa experience. Please contact your A&K Villas Travel Consultant for further information.
- Please note that in case of cancellation all confirmed services are non refundable.
- KINDLY NOTE:
- Please note that a tourist tax may apply for your villa rental on Mallorca, in which case it will be collected locally on your arrival by a villa staff member. The standard rate in High Season is EUR 1 per person per night (1-9 nights) and EUR 0.50 per person for any additional night.
- Please note that the maid lives discretely in a separate section of the main house (with own entrance).
- There are several water features on the grounds (e.g. wells, fountains); we therefore recommend to constantly supervise young children in those areas.