This beautifully converted finca is ideal for families and group of friends who look for an idyllic retreat to soak up the beauty of the surrounding Mallorcan scenery. Not only the fields and hills nearby have a soothing effect, but the villa's very own grounds will certainly leave a great impression with features like the glorious waterfall pool, plenty of green lawn space and lovingly arranged flower beds as well as an organic vegetable garden. The interior is not less remarkable as it effortlessly blends original stone and wood features of the building with the warm and comfy nature of the handpicked furniture.
This historic finca from the 17th century has been completely renovated and modernized in 2012 and now shines in new splendour combining old walls, contemporary interior and modern building technology. The villa's open living and dining area provides a spacious and open atmosphere.
The high natural stone walls maintain the house cool even on the hottest summer day and on the long wooden dining table up to 12 people find space to enjoy a lovely dinner.
All modern comforts can be found at San Raffa including satellite TV, Wi-Fi internet connection, A/C in the main bedrooms, a fully equipped kitchen and much more.
A total of 400 square meters living space accommodates two large suites in the main part of house and a third suite in an area which is only accessible from the garden.
NEW for 2016: Additional accommodation for two guests is provided in the annex, which is located a few meters to the side of the main finca. Please note that the annex is not entirely to the same high standards than those of the main house and would therefore be ideal for staff or teenagers.
The large living and dining area (seats 10) has an impressive ceiling height (up to 5 m) and a large fireplace. The hall leads into the adjoining kitchen and study with desk, TV, fireplace and book library.
Suite 1: Two adjacent bedrooms are located on the direct right of the main entrance. One of these bedrooms has a 1.50m bed (no A/C), the other a 1.80m king size bed and walk-in closet. The associated newly renovated bathroom has two sinks and shower/ WC. This suite has one bathroom with an exit to the garden as well as the direct route to the pool. Choice of 3 adults or 2 adults and two children.
Suite 2: The master bedroom has a 2x2m bed, wardrobe and bathroom with two sinks, shower, tub and toilet. Doors leading out onto the garden.
Suite 3: This suite is only accessible from the outside and accommodates two rooms - a bedroom with four-poster 1.80m bed and one with a single bed. Both rooms share a bathroom. This suite is ideal for parents with a child. Please note that the single bedroom doesn't have a separate entrance nor does it have A/C.
Annex: The annex is located to the side of the main building and accommodates 2 guests (e.g. staff) in a double bed. Furthermore there is a kitchenette, a shower room and a terrace. The interior is not entirely to the same high standards of the main house.
Outdoors: The well-tended garden and outdoor area includes a total of 10,000m2 which allows plenty of space for you to explore and enjoy. Furthermore, there are several covered terraces and a large barbecue area with brick fireplace. The pool area offers a romantic view of the garden and is adequately equipped with deck chairs and sun shades. A wonderful holiday paradise for families with children and group of friends.
• Sant Sebastiàn (Religious Festival - Palma)
• San Antoni Abat (Religious Festival)
• Carnival (Pollensa)
• Regatta (Sailing Competition - Palma
• Fira Del Ram (Amusement Park - Palma)
• Les Valentes Dones (Festival - Soller)
• Nit de Foc (Festival - Palma)
• Cala d'Or International Jazz Festival (Cala d'Or)
• Inca's patron saints' days' feast (Inca)
• The Pollensa International Music Festival (Pollensa)
• Summer Music Festival (Capdepera)
• Fiesta of la Mare de Déu del Mar (Sporting and Music Events, Procession - Cala d'Or)
• Fiestas de San Agustín (Concerts, Street bands and Sporting Events - Felantix)
• Sant Bartomeu patron saint festivities (Festival - Montuïri)
• Cançons de la Mediterrània (Music Festival - Parc de la Mar)
• Chopin Festival (Concerts and Exhibitions - Valldemossa)
• La Beata Festival (Santa Margalida)
• Majorca's Diada celebration
• Ballett Season (Palma)
• Pollensa Fair (Pollensa)
• The Feast of Santa Lucia (Palma)
General Activities in Majorca
- Soller Train - take a trip through Palma and over the mountains, enjoying the beatiful scenery, to the town of Soller and continue with the 'San Francisco Tram' to the port
- Fornells - head to Fornells, a small fishing village located towards the north of the island, and enjoy some fresh seafood at one of the fish restaurants the village is famous for
Sporting Activties in Majorca
- Diving - Diving Centres are located in Porto Colom
- Mountain Biking - rent a bike and discover The Balearics by bike
- Windsurfing/Kite-surfing - you will find various surfing schools on Majorca
- Rock-Climbing - there are climbing possibilties near Bunyola (Majorca)
- Golf - Majorca is home to some excellent golf courses, especially around Pollensa in the north-west of the sland
local Attractions in majorca
- Portals Nous, Marineland - Open all year round
- Magaluf, Nemo Submarine - Open from December to October
- Palma, Placa Major
- Palma, Cathedral of Palma - Open all year round
- Palma, Museum of Mallorca - Open all year round
Practical information for your villa holiday in majorca
GMT +1 hour
The Euro (€) is the official currency of Majorca. Coins are available in 1 cent, 2 cent, 5 cent, 10 cent, 20 cent, 50, cent , €1 & €2 denominations. Notes are available in €5, €10, €20, €50, €100, €200, €500 denominations.
Travellers cheques are widely accepted for exchange or purchase in major cities, but in more rural areas, visit a bank to exchange them for Euros. Major credit cards are widely accepted here (though a limited number of merchants have American Express accounts) and ATM access is widespread.
Exchange currency only at authorized outlets such as banks and hotels, and exchange only what you think you will spend in-country. Coins cannot be reconverted on departure.
Save all receipts from any currency exchange transaction. You may be asked to produce them when you exit the country, and they are required if you intend to reconvert local currency.
Tipping in Majorca
The Spaniards are fairly relaxed about tipping etiquette. However service is not usually included in restaurants and it is common practice to leave the spare change, or up to 10% of the total in a smarter restaurant. Taxi drivers and bartenders may be tipped less. Many petrol stations are not self service, however it is not usual to tip the station attendant.
Arrival & Departure Formalities
Travel documents are your responsibility. In general you should have:
- A signed, valid passport that will remain valid for at least 6 months beyond the completion of your trip. Your passport must have enough blank pages (excluding amendment pages) available for entry and exit stamps issued when entering and exiting immigration points.
- Visas are required for certain nationalities and you are strongly advised to check your status allowing plenty of time for visa application.
Weather in Majorca
During the summer months the islands typically has 11 hours of sunshine each day, average temperature topping 29ºC as well as virtually no rain. Spring's and autumn's temperatures range from 22ºC-28ºC and the region's sunshine is still between 8-10 hours a day. The weather can be unpredictable and much more changeable, with the night-time temperature dropping quite dramatically. The winter brings average temperatures dropping to a cooler 15ºC, and 5 hours of sunshine a day.
It is advisable to contact your doctor before you travel if you have any specific health concerns and take out appropriate travel and medical insurance.
Electricity supply in Majorca
Electrical service in Spain, including Majorca, is supplied at 220-240 volts/50 hertz – a converter/adaptor may be required.
Driving in Majorca
- No right-hand turn on a red light.
- Traffic from the RIGHT has right of way.
- Passport or national ID as well as driver's license,insurance papers and ownership papers must be carried all the time.
- An international driving licence is not required for European citizens. Your locally issued driving licence, as long as it is accompanied by the passport, will suffice.
- National speed limit is 50km (31mph) in towns, 90km (56mph) on secondary non-urban highways (carretera secundaria), 100km (62mph) on dual carriageways (carretera/autovia), 120km (75mph) on motorways (autopista). Speeding fines: 30 – 300 Euros.
- Minimum driving age is 18.
- For use of the highways (autopista) it is often necessary to pay a toll before access. Prices vary and are calculated by the distance of the journey.
- There are strict laws concerning drinking and driving. Blood alcohol levels must not exceed 0,05%. There are random breathalyser tests carried out regularly by the police.
5th August 2015
"I just wanted to write and say how wonderful San Raffa is. It's a gorgeous house, so peaceful and the pool is sublime, particularly because there's no chlorine. It's a joy to swim in. We had a great week."
The property is located on the old country road between Manacor and Sant Llorenc Des Cardassar.
- Airport about 35-40 mins drive
- Palma 35-40 mins
- Manacor 10 mins
- Sant Llorenc 15 mins
- Arta about 20 mins
- Several sandy beaches within 20-60 mins drive
*Please note that the location on this map is an approximate guide, normally to the closest town/village.
|< Previous Month
||Next Month >
Our villas are normally rented on a Saturday to Saturday basis throughout the year. However, shorter breaks and alternative arrival days might be available outside the High Season. Please contact your Abercrombie & Kent Villa Consultant for further details.
Please note that the standard check-in time at our properties is between 4-7pm and that we ask guests to vacate the property by 10am on departure day, unless otherwise agreed in advance.
- The 8-guest price is only valid for the main house. If you wish to rent the bedroom in the separate annex, the displayed 10-guest price will be due.
- The above rates are on a per villa, per week basis. For further information on our Villa Only and A&K Hosted services please see our
'Villa Rental Options' page. An A&K Villas Travel Consultant will be happy to discuss your specific holiday needs - simply complete the quick
'Make an Enquiry' form or call us on 0845 618 2205.
- Cost of utilities including water, gas and electricity.
- Maid service 4 hours mid-weekly.
- Arrival set of pool towels, household and bed linen.
- Final Cleaning.
- Wireless broadband internet.
- Central Heating.
- Air-conditioning units in the three main bedrooms.
- Private swimming pool (irregular shape, approx. 15x4m).
- Maid service available at €14/hour.
- A pre-arrival grocery shopping service is available on advance request. A service fee of EUR 30-50 will be charged locally plus the cost of groceries. This service covers up to EUR 200 worth of groceries.
- Cook service available on advance request from EUR 38/hour plus cost of groceries. Pre-payment required for 7 hours of service, groceries payable locally in cash.
- Transfer from Palma Airport to the villa (one way) available from EUR 200 (up to 8 guests). A supplement may apply for transfers at night time.
- We are also able to arrange all manner of additional activities to enhance your villa experience. Please contact your A&K Villas Travel Consultant for further information.
- Please note that in case of cancellation all confirmed services are non refundable.
- KINDLY NOTE:
- Please note that a tourist tax may apply for your villa rental on Mallorca, in which case it will be collected locally on your arrival by a villa staff member. The standard rate in High Season is EUR 1 per person per night (1-9 nights) and EUR 0.50 per person for any additional night.