Select a Destination
Gardens & Gastronomy Tour of Andalucia
01242 547 705
to speak to a specialist
Gardens & Gastronomy Tour of Andalucia
La Maroma is proud to present an exciting new experiential travel opportunity: the “Gardens & Gastronomy” tour of Andalucia. This cultural and culinary package pairs tours of some of Andalucia’s oldest, most impressive and important gardens with gastronomic explorations to highlight the culinary influences of Andalucia’s three historic cultures.
Included in the gardens tour are the Generalife at the Alhambra, the Alcazar gardens at the Palace of the Catholic Kings in Cordoba, La Concepcion botanical gardens in Malaga and a unique once-a-year opportunity to tour the lush and colourful private courtyards of Cordoba, where the entire old centre of the city is a UNESCO World Heritage site. La Maroma will also recommend local walking tours and offer a personal tour of the gardens and landscapes of the private country estate.
The hosts at La Maroma will also present recommendations for restaurants in each of the garden tour cities, with tips on specialty dishes representing the city and their origins from Moorish, Christian or Jewish culinary traditions. Of particular interest will be the tapas route in Granada and the Moorish influence in Cordoban cuisine. The private chef at La Maroma will also delight guests with themed in-house meals, including ‘garden gastronomy’ with dishes prepared solely with fresh organic produce harvested from the chef’s garden or the Maroma estate. Look for intriguing edible flowers and sweet cactus fruit from the Prickly Pear cacti on-site.
The package comes with two service options, fully hosted with expert guides and drivers, or the self-guided option, which equips travelers with all of the information they need to explore the gardens for themselves.
Included in the package as standard:
- Welcome orientation and personal tour of the La Maroma estate gardens and grounds.
- Welcome tapas and wine tasting to introduce some of the characteristics of the culinary influences of Andalucia’s historic three cultures.
- Welcome hamper full of local, artisanal food products and fresh, seasonal garden produce
- Welcome pack of information with a brief history of the three cultures, their influence on Andalucian gastronomy and the origins of the important gardens contained within the tour.
- Also included are restaurant recommendations in each location, explanations of traditional dishes representing the three cultures, and maps and references to aid self-guided tours. “Garden Gastronomy” meal from private chef David Palacios, using fresh organic produce from his garden and the La Maroma estate grounds. Also included is a limited concierge service for booking and organising tickets, transfers and guides. Clients must pay for entry tickets and guides, (as well as drivers, if needed) separately themselves; however, La Maroma will facilitate and organise this.
- The Alcazar gardens of the Palace of the Catholic Kings, Cordoba
- Patio de los Naranjas and the Mezquita, Cordoba
- Generalife gardens at the Alhambra, Granada
- The Alhambra & Nasrid Palace, Granada
- La Concepcion botanical garden, Malaga
- Alcazaba and Gibralfaro, Malaga
Gastronomy (Moorish/Christian/Jewish influence):
- Restaurants in Cordoba (typical dishes and traditional restaurants)
- Restaurants in Granada (tapas tour / Moorish tea house in Albaicin)
- Restaurants in Malaga (tapas, food market)
La Maroma cuisine:
- “Garden meal” made only from organic produce from ours and the chef’s garden, including fresh fruit and vegetables, edible flowers and cactus fruit, for example.
- Themed welcome tapas representing the three cultures and accompanying local wine.
Due to the number of places on the suggested itinerary and their geographical separation, this package can only be booked with a stay of one week or longer at La Maroma. The cities and gardens indicated here are all easily visited within a day trip, but we can also recommend some amazing itineraries slightly further afield.
The package price is €125 per person in addition to the weekly rental price. Any entrance tickets, drivers, meals (other than those specified above) and guides will be paid separately by the clients, though La Maroma will organize and facilitate.
For more information or to book, please contact us via email (enquiry) or call 0845 618 2205
Your favourites will appear here.